WingsofFire1014

CLOSED (Return POSSIBLE after the next rotation)

kodking

cool, well i think all my cards are from recent series

WingsofFire1014
On 5/20/2019 at 1:12 AM, OrigBitmancer said:

Thank you for the UNB updates last Thursday. Very thought provoking, as expected.

Sure! No problem! Glad I can help the community!

WingsofFire1014

You will receive your prize today ShannonBK

ShannonBK
5 hours ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

You will receive your prize today ShannonBK

Cool

kodking

so what type of cards can u get from this, and hpow often r they  and how do u enter

WingsofFire1014
4 minutes ago, kodking said:

so what type of cards can u get from this, and hpow often r they  and how do u enter

You get staples. They are usually every other week or every month. You enter by posting. All of this is in the third post on this thread.

kodking

ok, thx

WingsofFire1014

A heads up that all of the "regular arts" for the new GX's and Tag Team GX's from Unified Minds have been released on PokeBeach.

I am only going to mention each one briefly in a way. I will not list all of their attacks. So go read what they do, and you may come read this brief review here.

Rowlet and Alolan Exeggcutor GX is not that good. The only thing that even makes it a possible threat is its GX attack. The attack costs 3 grass energy and bases at 200 damage. If you have at least 3 extra energy attached to it, then you can shuffle all energy cards attached to all of your opponents Pokemon into their deck. This can hurt Fire decks and PikaRom, but with grass decks really having no place in the format and a weakness to fire, this card is pretty poor.

Slowpoke and Psyduck GX is a meme card. MIsty's request is the only thing that could make this possibly work. And wasting your supporter to just search out even more supporters that will be discarded is not good. Lacks so much consistency.

Raichu and Alolan Raichu GX is good. It relates well to Golisopod GX. But with float stone gone and the potential lose of Guzma this could be a hard card to function with. Lightning types do have a lot of support though. There is a potential chance that Guzma would be reprinted. That is why I said potential.

Mewtwo and Mew GX is great. This card will probably work well with Malamar variants. It has all much flexibility and people will probably finds ways to make it work well!

Espeon and Deoxys GX is poor. Besides the ability to spread potentially large amounts of damage with its GX attack, it doesn't work well without Sky Field. 

Umbreon and Darkrai GX is okay. Being able to base with 150 and while 60 on one of your opponents benched Pokemon EX or Pokemon GX is great. It's GX attack also has lots of potential. 

Mega Sableye and Tyranitar GX is a meme. Unless a supporter just like Kiawe that uses dark Pokemon comes out, this card is a meme. But if you manage to pull it off, then you will probably be taking a couple of prize cards with it. What This card needs and what Umbreon and Darkrai GX needs is a reprint of Dark Patch.

Garchomp and Giritina GX is bad. Sniping 40 for one colorless is not terrible. But like all Dragon Pokemon, it tends to prefer two different kinds of energy. Basically 3 energy attachments to start hitting good numbers with this card. But if it is damaged while charging up, you can come out and hit 240 damage knocking out a PikaRom.

I wanted to write a little Easter Egg. Remember that what I said is just my opinion and prediction.

DawsonJr88

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this! Now I can better identify what kind of cards I should be on the lookout for, and what to invest in. I'm curious as to what deck/pack you're referring to for the Zoroark GX card, though - a search for "Shining" and "Legendary" doesn't yield anything. I'd appreciate it very much if someone could clear this up!

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

WingsofFire1014

Zoroark GX is from Shining Legends and it goes with pretty much any deck because of its trade ability which lets you discard a card from your hand to draw two cards. It won Worlds last year but will be rotated out of Standard by the time Worlds have finished in August.

DawsonJr88

Hello,

The trouble is, I don't see anything named "Shining Legends" anywhere in the shop - not in the Featured, Booster Packs, or Decks section. Is it some sort of hidden deck/pack that requires some sort of special action be taken to unlock? Any information would be appreciated!

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

WingsofFire1014

Shining Legends was a "special" set and was not ever released in the shop or at retail stores as "single packs". Same thing with a set in XY called Generations. 

They only way you can obtain Shining Legends packs is by trading for them, or using code cards to redeem them.

500 posts! Yeah!

Edited by WingsofFire1014

DawsonJr88

Hello,

Ah, I see! That's why I was confused. Now I'm curious as to how they were originally obtained if it wasn't released in the shop or retail stores. I guess, since you mention code cards, they come from the codes found in packs (the ones sold in comic shops, Walmart, etc)?

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

WingsofFire1014
17 minutes ago, DawsonJr88 said:

Hello,

Ah, I see! That's why I was confused. Now I'm curious as to how they were originally obtained if it wasn't released in the shop or retail stores. I guess, since you mention code cards, they come from the codes found in packs (the ones sold in comic shops, Walmart, etc)?

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

Yes. The packs that you get from the codes CAN be traded. That is how Shining Legends packs got into circulation in the trade market.

SKBellmore
2 hours ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

A heads up that all of the "regular arts" for the new GX's and Tag Team GX's from Unified Minds have been released on PokeBeach.

I am only going to mention each one briefly in a way. I will not list all of their attacks. So go read what they do, and you may come read this brief review here.

Rowlet and Alolan Exeggcutor GX is not that good. The only thing that even makes it a possible threat is its GX attack. The attack costs 3 grass energy and bases at 200 damage. If you have at least 3 extra energy attached to it, then you can shuffle all energy cards attached to all of your opponents Pokemon into their deck. This can hurt Fire decks and PikaRom, but with grass decks really having no place in the format and a weakness to fire, this card is pretty poor.

Slowpoke and Psyduck GX is a meme card. MIsty's request is the only thing that could make this possibly work. And wasting your supporter to just search out even more supporters that will be discarded is not good. Lacks so much consistency.

Raichu and Alolan Raichu GX is good. It relates well to Golisopod GX. But with float stone gone and the potential lose of Guzma this could be a hard card to function with. Lightning types do have a lot of support though. There is a potential chance that Guzma would be reprinted. That is why I said potential.

Mewtwo and Mew GX is great. This card will probably work well with Malamar variants. It has all much flexibility and people will probably finds ways to make it work well!

Espeon and Deoxys GX is poor. Besides the ability to spread potentially large amounts of damage with its GX attack, it doesn't work well without Sky Field. 

Umbreon and Darkrai GX is okay. Being able to base with 150 and while 60 on one of your opponents benched Pokemon EX or Pokemon GX is great. It's GX attack also has lots of potential. 

Mega Sableye and Tyranitar GX is a meme. Unless a supporter just like Kiawe that uses dark Pokemon comes out, this card is a meme. But if you manage to pull it off, then you will probably be taking a couple of prize cards with it. What This card needs and what Umbreon and Darkrai GX needs is a reprint of Dark Patch.

Garchomp and Giritina GX is bad. Sniping 40 for one colorless is not terrible. But like all Dragon Pokemon, it tends to prefer two different kinds of energy. Basically 3 energy attachments to start hitting good numbers with this card. But if it is damaged while charging up, you can come out and hit 240 damage knocking out a PikaRom.

I wanted to write a little Easter Egg. Remember that what I said is just my opinion and prediction.

You mind if I counter some of these arguments?

RowLutor’s first attack is really good. For no energy, you can get out a Sceptile which can block Blacpehalon (Which did ok at Madison), the new Tsareena, or even Meganium, which you can do a lot from there. I’m saying this because who knows how good Fire will be post-rotation. ReshiZard is losing all Ball search except for Cherish, Marshadow’s rotating, so is Kiawe (for the lists that play it). So, let’s see how this turns out.

I’ve found PsyPoke relatively consistent from my testing.

But RaiRai costs 3 energy. I’m not saying this is impossible, but with Guzma and Escape Rope rotating, idk.

MewMew is basically the PikaRom/ReshiZard of UNM. One good way to use it is to manipulate Stage 2 GXs in the discard.

EspeOxys is one of the cards that was made for Japan’s format, not for ours.

UmbRai I just feel is plain underwhelming.

Tyraniteye is actually winning over in Japan. With Naganadel and the new Weavile GX (It’s Psychic Transfer but for Dark energies), this could be pretty good.

GarTina is actually the second best deck in Japan right now (behind ReshiZard), so we’ll have to see how it does here.

This is my opinion.

WingsofFire1014
8 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

You mind if I counter some of these arguments?

RowLutor’s first attack is really good. For no energy, you can get out a Sceptile which can block Blacpehalon (Which did ok at Madison), the new Tsareena, or even Meganium, which you can do a lot from there. I’m saying this because who knows how good Fire will be post-rotation. ReshiZard is losing all Ball search except for Cherish, Marshadow’s rotating, so is Kiawe (for the lists that play it). So, let’s see how this turns out.

I’ve found PsyPoke relatively consistent from my testing.

But RaiRai costs 3 energy. I’m not saying this is impossible, but with Guzma and Escape Rope rotating, idk.

MewMew is basically the PikaRom/ReshiZard of UNM. One good way to use it is to manipulate Stage 2 GXs in the discard.

EspeOxys is one of the cards that was made for Japan’s format, not for ours.

UmbRai I just feel is plain underwhelming.

Tyraniteye is actually winning over in Japan. With Naganadel and the new Weavile GX (It’s Psychic Transfer but for Dark energies), this could be pretty good.

GarTina is actually the second best deck in Japan right now (behind ReshiZard), so we’ll have to see how it does here.

This is my opinion.

RowLutor still doesn't seem like it would work in standard. It's best option would be expanded once Vileplume rotates.

PsyPoke has the type advantage against fire, but you still have to realize how clunky the cards attributes really are. I would only suggest this for expanded. You have to have the right cards in the right time for this deck.

RaiRai does cost three and does not have the same fire power that Golisopod had.

That is why I said that MewMew has all much flexibility.

The USA Meta is all much more different than Japan's Meta. So I wouldn't count on cards like Tyraniteye to do anything til it finds more consistency. 

SKBellmore
50 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

RowLutor still doesn't seem like it would work in standard. It's best option would be expanded once Vileplunme rotates.

I beg to differ

55 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

PsyPoke has the type advantage against fire, but you still have to realize how clunky the cards attributes really are. I would only suggest this for expanded. You have to have the right cards in the right time for this deck.

Who knows if Fire will still be good in August. Again, my testing has shown this deck isn’t as clunky as it seems. While you do have stuff like Random Reciever and VS Seeker, I don’t see what advantage you get by playing it an Expanded. I don’t think Volc is in the meta anymore.

56 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

RaiRai does cost three and does not have the same fire power that Golisopod had.

So basically what I said.

57 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

That is why I said that MewMew has all much flexibility.

Yeah.

58 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

The USA Meta is all much more different than Japan's Meta. So I wouldn't count on cards like Tyraniteye to do anything til it finds more consistency. 

Just wanted to point out the meta belongs to basically everywhere outside of Japan. Anyway, we’re not losing the things that make Tyraniteye work. Heck, we’re even gaining thing to make it better. Maybe this won’t have a spot in the meta, but I’ll be playing it.

WingsofFire1014
2 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

I beg to differ

Who knows if Fire will still be good in August. Again, my testing has shown this deck isn’t as clunky as it seems. While you do have stuff like Random Reciever and VS Seeker, I don’t see what advantage you get by playing it an Expanded. I don’t think Volc is in the meta anymore.

So basically what I said.

Yeah.

Just wanted to point out the meta belongs to basically everywhere outside of Japan. Anyway, we’re not losing the things that make Tyraniteye work. Heck, we’re even gaining thing to make it better. Maybe this won’t have a spot in the meta, but I’ll be playing it.

Everybody has their different viewpoints.

Heck, Volc hasn't been in the meta for a long time, but it has me sitting half way through the 3rd tier of the VS Ladder.

I beg to differ on your Psyduck \Slowpoke opinion. We will see who is right at the end. Where do you test at, I am curious. Do you print proxies?

Fire will most likely be the highlight of Worlds. It is controlling the Meta with force right now and I wouldn't be expecting a change just in 2 months. 

You are welcomed to play Tyraniteye. I would like to play you once you build a good deck around it.

WingsofFire1014

Okay. The time to hand out prizes to the other 2 winners is over. I will probably give them one last chance by sending the FR myself and telling them that they have won.

Anyway, the new giveaway will be starting and there will be 2 winners this time. Winners announced next Sunday.

SKBellmore
1 hour ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

Everybody has their different viewpoints.

Very true, I acknowledge that.

Heck, Volc hasn't been in the meta for a long time, but it has me sitting half way through the 3rd tier of the VS Ladder.

I’ve played against yours a lot, you have an awesome Volc deck. Can’t blame you for that.

I beg to differ on your Psyduck \Slowpoke opinion. We will see who is right at the end. Where do you test at, I am curious. Do you print proxies?

So agree to disagree? Anyway, I test at local card stores and nearby players. And yes I print proxies.

Fire will most likely be the highlight of Worlds. It is controlling the Meta with force right now and I wouldn't be expecting a change just in 2 months. 

I don’t doubt Fire will be very present at Worlds, but in the two months, a new set is coming out. New Tapu Fini will crush Blowns/Naganadel, and Malamar gains a bunch of new tools, it might go back to tier one. 

You are welcomed to play Tyraniteye. I would like to play you once you build a good deck around it.

I would like to play you too. 

WingsofFire1014

Thanks for the Volcanion compliment! I change it every day to make it the best I can!

Oh yes! Blowns has to worry about Tapu-Fini.

Like you said, Malamar is gaining some tools and not losing much. That is why I am working towards it for 2020 Standard. Kudos to Kodking and LegendofZapdos for helping me make this possible so far!

kodking

who were the winners, if it was me i cant access pokemon for a while. not until the end of the month

WingsofFire1014

Staple Alert!

Persian GX, Dewgong (UB), and Slowpoke ( Lost Zone attack), are now part of the most popular Zoroark GX deck.

This deck is winning and it could become the Zoroark GX deck that you see the moat.

Have 1 Persian GX, 1-2 Dewgong (UB), and 1 Slowpoke ( Lost Zone attack).

These cards are potential inclusions for this thread if they keep winning.

This article was originally posted on the Forum Norm FYI.

• Upvote 1

critler

as a clueless returning player, thank you for this list. 

TheBlackxRanger

Heard something about a giveaway? Thats nice!