Help building a new deck

B03

I am going to put out again that the reason i play a lot of one cards is because i only have one. Like i said before they made like 70% of my main cards illegal in standard. I do not really have enough pokemon in any evolution line to have more than a max of 2 of them.

There's were trade comes in, man... Now, as an FYI, Princess_Aurora has a topic in the Exchange subforum (Watto's something...) She/he helps new players by giving them staples for almost free, just go to her, check the list, ask her for what you need and give in exchange some spare cards (or in your case maybe some you don't plan to use... ever). She/he doesn't have Pokémon listed but maybe can help you if you ask for specific ones (cheap ones, though, not like EX/GX's).

Alright, why don't you go play Imperial Command or Leaf Charge in Theme Format for a while to earn tokens/packs so you can expand your collection?

Don't i earn the same amount in both formats or is there like a bonus to format?

Don't i earn the same amount in both formats or is there like a bonus to format?

You earn the same amount, but I figured that since you said you don't have the cards to build a good deck, you should just use pre-made ones.

Well one option is to try using the default theme decks, like Rallying Cry, to get yourself up to 500 coins. One of the main problems with your deck is that there isn't a way to find the cards you want or to draw more than one card per turn - making it a very luck based deck instead of a deck that finds what you need when you need it. The default theme decks aren't any better, but once you can get 500 coins you can try Hydro Fury, Leaf Charge, or Imperial Command (I would mention Mach Strike, but it seems like you have no interest in playing it!). Hydro Fury especially can be turned into a semi decent deck if you get two of them and smash them together (again, like most players would be doing with Mach Strike).

• Upvote 1

I've also felt like in Theme, Mach Strike is one of the best decks and when I first started out a couple weeks ago I dreaded playing against it. I've managed to beat it with Leaf Charge about half the time though. I'd consider trying it out and it'd be worth the investment of 500 anyway for Standard since it comes with Guzma, Tate and Liza, Strike and Run Dunsparce, and Instruct Oranguru, which are all decent-to-great cards that can fit in any deck.

Of course, while it's not quite as powerful and its win condition is weak to Lucario and Hippowdon, my favourite Theme deck is probably Destruction Fang (the Hydreigon deck). Which is also worth picking up for Standard since it comes with two copies of Call for Family Mawile, a Bewear that lets you draw three upon evolution, and the aforementioned Instruct Oranguru.

Dunsparce and Mawile can search out Basic Pokemon in your deck and put them straight on the bench as early as turn 1 if you go second. Oranguru is Basic (and can thus be searched by Mawile and Dunsparce), can draw until you have three cards once per turn due to the ability Instruct, and late-game can score KO's on Pokemon that need a lot of energy for their attacks with Psychic. Tate and Liza gives you options; either you un-brick your hand by shuffling and drawing five or you switch out one of your Pokemon. Guzma forces out one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and then makes you switch your own for free, which can score a clutch KO to swing the game's momentum in your favour or win you the game outright.

Taken together they provide a decent building block to start a constructed deck with. The Pokemon are consistent tutors for your other Pokemon to set your plays up, and free/forced switching is a budget-friendly method of disruption that can be used both offensively and defensively, the trainers here both among the most powerful means of doing so. All that remains is to give your deck some semblance of a win condition, some trainers to support said win condition, add some draw power cards, and fill the deck out with the Energy of your choice.

• Upvote 1

Also i just realized i messed up the spelling in the title. I have no idea how to fix it.

I got that title fixed for you :).  We all make typos from time to time.

I got a couple more cards and tried to fix my gardevior deck

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Hoothoot BUS 106
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 1 Shining Arceus SLG 57
* 1 Noctowl BUS 107
* 1 Diancie BUS 94
* 2 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Tapu Lele UPR 94
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 1 Jirachi {*} CES 97

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Ilima SUM 121
* 1 Lusamine CIN 96
* 1 Mars UPR 128
* 1 Last Chance Potion CES 135
* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Pokémon Breeder SLG 73
* 1 Poison Barb SUM 124
* 1 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Switch SLG 67
* 1 Life Herb CES 136
* 2 Energy Retrieval SLG 59
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Fisherman CES 130
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Poké Ball KSS 35
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 3 Hau SLG 61
* 1 Potion BKP 106
* 1 Great Ball XY 118
* 1 Rare Candy SUM 129

##Energy - 16

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 12 Fairy Energy  9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******