Help building a new deck

B03

Well most of my cards just became illegal in standard and now i have even worse cards to work with. I will like to at least be able to beat the cheap to win garchomp deck because i have never beaten it once and i have gotten to the point that i just quit when i see it.

BO3 so I am going to make this as nice and simple as possible. I am sorry to say that your recent posts have actually been kinda annyoing. You keep whining about how you can never beat Garchomp, and you keep asking for decklists to beat it. You need to try something on your own. You have made my ignore list. have a nice day.

Edited by WingsofFire1014

BO3 so I am going to make this as nice and simple as possible. I am sorry to say that your recent posts have actually been kinda annyoing. You keep whining about how you can never beat Garchomp, and you keep asking for decklists to beat it. You need to try something on your own. You have made my ignore list. have a nice day.

I did not realize that i was forcing you to read my posts. Gotta love it when people tell you to stop complaining and get good but when you ask for help they tell you to stop whining. You really should get off of a forum where you are supposed to help people if you just plan on doing stuff like this. This is why I have always been so hesitant on doing competitive pokemon, because people like you only tell others to ******* when they cant beat a deck and ask for help.

Let's just forget what I said. You might be a little right. But, say that to Felidae he did the exact same thing to me and he is the guy that wrote the why I lose thread. I am sorry for posting that. We have all tried to help you as much as possible, but you keep asking. Maybbyyee, just maybe try a deck on your own! Again Felidae did it to me and he is still being mean about it.

Edited by WingsofFire1014

The only advice i got was that i need some very specific cards that i do not have and will not have for the foreseeable future. I have tried about 7 different decks that i made and i am having no luck luck with them.

Hey, if you've still got 500 tokens, go buy a Mach Strike deck for yourself from the shop and play some matches with it in Theme. Should be a good way to get more tokens to buy packs and build a better deck.

Hey, if you've still got 500 tokens, go buy a Mach Strike deck for yourself from the shop and play some matches with it in Theme. Should be a good way to get more tokens to buy packs and build a better deck.

I want to get good but I have standards. That deck is ******.

I want to get good but I have standards. That deck is ******.

Well, I understand that it's frustrating to deal with, but people will always use whatever strong deck they can get their hands on. If you're setting rules or challenges for yourself, then good for you, but just know that you're crippling yourself by doing so.

Sadly (for you), the only way to get tradable packs (and thus best cards for your decks) reliably in-game is tournaments, since you mentioned you don''t have a large collection that means Theme Tournaments, and for what I've heard that format right now is like Garchomp and... Maybe Empoleon and Sceptile, choose one of them and try it or grind the Trainer Challenge and hope to get lucky with only two packs per expansion after 24 games. 

Edited by xXTheStalkXx

Sadly (for you), the only way to get tradable packs (and thus for best cards for your decks) reliably in-game is tournaments, since you mentioned you don''t have a large collection that means Theme Tournaments, and for what I've heard that format right now is like Garchomp and... Maybe Empoleon and Sceptile, choose one of them and try it or grind the Trainer Challenge and hope to get lucky with only two packs per expansion after 24 games. 

I thought the challenges carried over from the standard as well. Plus i really hate trading packs because i always think what if there is a good card or two in the pack.

and for what I've heard that format right now is like Garchomp and... Maybe Empoleon and Sceptile,

Oh, right, I completely forgot about Imperial Command and Leaf Charge. They seem like pretty good contenders against Mach Strike, in Theme at least. Dunno how the cards would hold up when mixed into a Standard/Expanded deck.

I really do hate that people can bring these pre-made decks into standard. Sucks for people who want to actually make decks.

What's your current deck look like, anyway? I'll try to take a look at it and see what we can do.

I thought the challenges carried over from the standard as well. Plus i really hate trading packs because i always think what if there is a good card or two in the pack.

I was talking about the Trainer Challenge, when you battle the AI... Not the other challenges, the ones to level up. And, well... As someone who opens packs just for fun, let me tell you... If you don't trade you are seriously hindering your chances to build the decks you want... Commons and uncommons, you'll get plenty of them, but rares and higher... Yeah... That's not gonna happen quickly enough (if ever).

Oh, right, I completely forgot about Imperial Command and Leaf Charge. They seem like pretty good contenders against Mach Strike, in Theme at least. Dunno how the cards would hold up when mixed into a Standard/Expanded deck.

I've played with Empoleon in Standard and loved it... It's pretty fun to pilot and powerful IF you set up quick enough but it lost too much consistency with the departure of Octillery, in my opinion, maybe Zebstrika can help the deck once Lost Thunder comes around. Sceptile... I have no idea

Do i just tell you every single card in it or is there an easier way?

The option Export Deck in the editor allows you to copy the decklist to the clipboard, then you just come here and paste it. 

These are the two i have been using recently

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Eevee UPR 104

* 2 Hoothoot BUS 106

* 1 Rayquaza GRI 106

* 1 Shining Arceus SLG 57

* 1 Noctowl BUS 107

* 2 Ralts BUS 91

* 1 Tapu Lele UPR 94

* 1 Sylveon FLI 87

* 1 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93

* 1 Jirachi {*} CES 97

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Ilima SUM 121

* 1 Lusamine CIN 96

* 1 Mars UPR 128

* 1 Last Chance Potion CES 135

* 1 Pokémon Breeder SLG 73

* 1 Poison Barb SUM 124

* 1 Crushing Hammer EPO 92

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 2 Switch SLG 67

* 1 Life Herb CES 136

* 2 Energy Retrieval SLG 59

* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132

* 1 Fisherman CES 130

* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129

* 1 Gladion CIN 95

* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123

* 1 Escape Board UPR 122

* 3 Poké Ball KSS 35

* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148

* 2 Hau SLG 61

* 1 Potion BKP 106

* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 142

* 1 Great Ball XY 118

* 1 Exp. Share NXD 87

##Energy - 16

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

* 12 Fairy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Bulbasaur SLG 1

* 2 Carnivine SLG 6

* 1 Phantump GRI 6

* 2 Shroomish SLG 4

* 2 Breloom SLG 5

* 1 Ivysaur SLG 2

* 1 Trevenant GRI 7

* 1 Venusaur SLG 3

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Ilima SUM 121

* 1 Lusamine CIN 96

* 1 Mars UPR 128

* 1 Last Chance Potion CES 135

* 1 Pokémon Breeder SLG 73

* 1 Poison Barb SUM 124

* 1 Crushing Hammer EPO 92

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 1 Potion SUM 127

* 2 Switch SLG 67

* 1 Life Herb CES ***

********** Retrieval SLG 59

* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132

* 1 Gladion CIN 95

* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148

* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123

* 1 Weakness Policy BUS 126

* 1 Escape Board UPR 122

* 2 Poké Ball KSS 35

* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148

* 2 Hau SLG 61

* 1 Rare Candy CES 142

* 1 Great Ball SUM 119

* 1 Exp. Share NXD 87

##Energy - 19

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

* 15 Grass Energy EVO 91

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hey man. Sigghhh, man I don't know what to tell you. Have you ever tried to look up good beginner deck lists? If not then try it. You're decks are kinda shakey though. You can't run just one copy of most of your Pokemon. What if one of them gets prized. You should go to the Darkintergalwebsite. It gives good information for how to build decks. But not exactly beginner decks.

Hey man. Sigghhh, man I don't know what to tell you. Have you ever tried to look up good beginner deck lists? If not then try it. You're decks are kinda shakey though. You can't run just one copy of most of your Pokemon. What if one of them gets prized. You should go to the Darkintergalwebsite. It gives good information for how to build decks. But not exactly beginner decks.

I run them like that because i only have one of them.

I think you're running too many one-card-only cards. While this is acceptable for some cards (Gladion, Town Map), it's often better to run 3 or 4 of one type of card. That way, you can find those same cards more consistently.

Also, in the first deck, why are you running Gardevoir GX without a Kirlia? You need Gardevoir to evolve from Kirlia, and Kirlia to evolve from Ralts. If you don't have Kirlia, you won't be able to play Gardevoir at all. While Rare Candy does help alleviate this, I'm not sure how much I'd rely on it since Pokemon are easier to search for than items.

**Decklists**

Well, now we can see why you lose so much...The main problem I see from your decks is the lack of a "central idea" (so to speak) made worse by a huge amount of one of cards. 

So, the first thing you want to do is focusing in one Pokémon to be your main attacker, the core of your deck and run as many copies of it as possible. Then you would need to look for Pokémon that have nice sinergy with your attacker... Second, you would want a decent draw engine, specially if your deck  relies on evolution or specific combos, 6-8 draw supporters was usually the norm in the past format...  Now, well, we are still figuring out, but probably it might go to a higher count since the draw options we have now are worse than before. 

Set up cards like Nest Ball are crucial.

I'm gonna leave a list of one of my decks for you to see and get an idea about ratios, your supporter line, sinergies and stuff.

Just as a reference, the deck  is supposed to be anti-meta, and exploiting the prevalence of GX Pokémon and items with fast hard hitting one energy attackers, taking early KO's with Buzzwole and crushing in the late game with Garbodor (once your opponent gets crazy with the items) while Shrine slowly fixes your numbers (190 and 210... 230 and 250 are possible only if your opponent gets too many items in the discard or ignore the Shrine for too long). I say all of this for you to understand what the deck is intended to do and the why it was build the way it was. Once you understand the basics you can apply them to any deck. 

****** Pokémon Sammelkartenspiel-Deckliste ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 4 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 4 Trubish GRI 50
* 4 Garbodor GRI 51

##Trainerkarten - 34

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Rescue StretcherGRI 130
* 3 Lilly UPR 125
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Judge UL 78
* 3 Copycat HS 90
* 3 Nestball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Shrine of punishment CES 143

##Energie - 11

* 1 Beast Energie {*} FLI 117
* 3 Psycho-Energie  5
* 3 Fighting-Energie  6
* 4 Rainbow-Energie HS 104

Karten insgesamt: - 60

****** Deckliste erstellt von: Pokémon Sammelkartenspiel Online www.pokemon.de/tcgo ******

(Sorry if I missed some translations, my client is in German)
Edited by xXTheStalkXx

I am going to put out again that the reason i play a lot of one cards is because i only have one. Like i said before they made like 70% of my main cards illegal in standard. I do not really have enough pokemon in any evolution line to have more than a max of 2 of them.