NotAPerso

Winning by rage quit.

NotAPerso

Sometimes it's great knowing you played cards in such a way to frustrate your opponent and other times it's such a good battle that abruptly ends. What are some awesome rage quitting moments that you have caused or even moments where you rage quite yourself?

A lot of decks I've seen on the VS ladder seem to rely a lot on GX/EX cards (even my own), so I built Alolan Ninetails into my deck just for this purpose. A few turns in they have a scary looking board full of GX on the bench only for me to drop Alolan Ninetails into active position straight up walling out their entire strategy. Perhaps they don't have guzma or any decent non-gx attackers. Sometimes they might have a way around that I can see but still they are so frustrated and just quit. 

On the other end, I've had epic battles that go down to the last prize and I pull something crazy to turn it around only for an immediate quit before I can land the killing blow. Yes, I win, but couldn't I be afforded those ten more seconds to feel good my strategy worked?

• Downvote 1

XK920XK

its impossible to tell if the other person rage quit or not unless you know them.  you may think they rage quit but it can be anything from a disconnect to just simply having to leave.

now for myself ive rage quit when i make a big misplay, especially if i miss an ability inplay or misclicked the wrong card.

Felidae_

One word: Shiftry.

Princess_Aurora

Or Cyrus.

“Turns out, the two Pokémon that you just selected were the ones that you’re going to keep.”

Jigglypuffan

i'm always happy when i play wailord stall and i see the other make angry face lol.

OrangeGalen

Funny enough, just after reading this forum, I myself rage quit a match. Basically the guy had a Spinda that confused my Pokémon (an Entei and Zekrom if curious) and whenever I switched them out, he played a card that swapped them back in to get confused again. And it didn't help that out of the 5 or 6 coins I flipped to try and snap my Pokémon out of confusion, ALL of them were tails - and including the initial coin toss (lost anyway) who decides to go first and other Trainer card effects, that number goes up to 8 tails. Too much bad luck and too much annoyance were enough for me. 

Edited by OrangeGalen

DiaborMagics

Or Cyrus.

“Turns out, the two Pokémon that you just selected were the ones that you’re going to keep.”

So much this. I read the text on the card and not the prompt the first time. I didn't quit but I did rage.

Pyhrrous

I've always subscribed to the idea that 'it's more fun to win than it is to make your opponent concede', so I usually stick around and let my opponent do their finishing attacks on my cards.

What I wish more people would do though is make their final round go faster, though. I've run into situations where there's absolutely no way I can win - I have 5 prizes left and my opponent has 1, they have a full energy GX as their Active pokemon and I only have a 60HP Zorua. Stop attaching all your energies to your benched Pokemon and playing every single trainer card in your hand, just KO me already.

• Upvote 1

Cubchoo103

i'm always happy when i play wailord stall and i see the other make angry face lol.

I enjoy going into a video game and ruining the experience for everyone else too, sure sign of a decent human being

• Upvote 1

Cubchoo103

Sometimes it's great knowing you played cards in such a way to frustrate your opponent and other times it's such a good battle that abruptly ends. What are some awesome rage quitting moments that you have caused or even moments where you rage quite yourself?

A lot of decks I've seen on the VS ladder seem to rely a lot on GX/EX cards (even my own), so I built Alolan Ninetails into my deck just for this purpose. A few turns in they have a scary looking board full of GX on the bench only for me to drop Alolan Ninetails into active position straight up walling out their entire strategy. Perhaps they don't have guzma or any decent non-gx attackers. Sometimes they might have a way around that I can see but still they are so frustrated and just quit. 

On the other end, I've had epic battles that go down to the last prize and I pull something crazy to turn it around only for an immediate quit before I can land the killing blow. Yes, I win, but couldn't I be afforded those ten more seconds to feel good my strategy worked?

You know they might just be mad at the RNG and not the way you played your cards, I've had decks with 8 energies and I get 6 in my starting hand with no draw support.. I'll pass

You didn't do anything, RNG won the game for you

Karyu_Endan

Just today I had a match that abruptly ended after I used Celestial Storm Sableye's Disable on a Gardevoir GX three turns in a row. I don't know if they rage quit, but from the opponent's perspective I can see why they thought my play was scummy and could lose patience with it. I happened to be disabling Gardevoir GX so often because I was desperately stalling for energy to put on my benched Dialga GX so that I'd switch in and OHKO with Timeless GX when it was ready, and there was nothing else I could do in that game state without giving my opponent free prizes.

FratStar4Life

I kinda rage quit Standard mode - it gets old seeing the same 2-3 decks over and over and over again...  :rolleyes: