Anyone looking for some advice on deckbuilding?

EmptyShadow

Here's a few examples of some very strong decks (That you won't be able to use anymore and were pretty difficult to make in the first place, but it's a good example) from ~2010 tournaments:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LuxChomp

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GG

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Abomazong_%28TCG%29

These demonstrate the power of supporter cards (LuxChomp specifically, although these decks also encorperate powerful poke powers/bodies)

These decks will absolutely decimate any deck that doesn't have ample supporters and trainers that compliment it well.

do you play competitively? What tournaments have you been to, and how much have you top cut? What is LuxChomp?

Prove yourself with answers

I clearly said I am NOT an expert. I don't play compeditivly but I've gotten some advice from a friend who has. He taught me some pretty good stratigies and a few ins and outs of building an effective deck. LuxChomp a deck featuring Luxray and Garachomp (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LuxChomp).

As for trainers they are very effective IF USED PROPPERLY. Generally there are two popular types of trainer cards. Draw power and search power. If you draw a trainer card that allows you to search for a pokemon then it is just as good as drawing the exact pokemon you needed. It is like having a card that turns into what you need. Hard to beat eh? Draw power are cards that allow you to draw cards during your turn. These are good for when you need more optyions. When you draw you can get anything from more energies to more draw power. The key here is SPEED. The faster you get your best pokemon out there then the better of you will be. This also allows you to take advantage of "bench Abilities." by bringing pokemon onto your bench that you use for their ability rather than actually doing damage.

-Shadow

If you can't find any packs, I reccommend eBay XD.

Will be hard to know for sure I'm getting code packs from someone online. Even if they use a code pack for the picture there is no guarentee they won't just ship noncode packs.

_

-Shadow

I actually just bought the codes without the packs :P. I'd already bought a box of non-coded boosters, so I didn't really need anymore physical cards...

Really? It worked?

Contradicting to what I've said before, I might buy one also now.

Does a deck require supporters and trainer cards or can i just go power house pokemon?

[/quote

an average deck has about 20 pokemon, 30 trainers/supporters/stadiums and 10 energy

but there are certain cards every deck needs to have.

2 Uxie LA for the Set-Up poke-power

1 Unown Q for Quick (MD)

3-4 Pokemon Collector to get basics (HS)

1-2 Seeker (unless you're playing SP)

1-2 Bebe's Search to get your guy

possibly 4 call energy MD

If the deck can use Double Collorless Energy you should play four of them. (HS)

possibly 1 azelf LA

I'm too lazy to post what these cards do, but you can look them up on Pokebeack.

1. Go to pokebeach.com

2. There should be a left bar and a right bar. On the left bar you will se something that says "Card Resources" or something like that.

3. Click on HeartGold SoulSilver and Diamond and Pearl blocks

4. Go to the sets that have the cards

5 Find the specific cards, click on them, and a giant picture of the card should pop up.

but if i remove the 10 on average trainer/supporter cards that allows a better chance to pull evolutions with power moves and enrgy to use them so while you are pulling supporters i'm pulling power houses and attacking strongly. is this not a valid idea? I have never found supporters/trainers very usefull except for a potion.

but you don't get them because your opponent used their resources to set up Jumpluff, attached a grass energy, and killed all chances you had of getting it out.

And pokeball is terrible. If at all possible, you should try to avoid coin flips, even if you'd have to use a supporter to do so.

So instead of pokeball you could use

Bebe's Search

Pokemon Communication

Luxury Ball

pretty much most supporters are usefull, like bill, drawing 2 cards is better than just drawing one.

bill is a terrible card, you have to use up your supporter for the turn just to draw 2 cards, whereas playing 2 pokedrawers gets you two specific cards. you should always use your supporter for search, except in cases like seeker or palmer's contribution where they have a worthwhile effect instead of taking a risk.

And even if you did use Bill, why not use a supporter that draws more than two, even if it does have a downside? I think Emcee's Chatter, Cheerleader's Cheer, and Engineer's Adjustment are all 10x better than Bill/Mom's Kindness, and no one plays ANY of those cards. if Bill was a trainer, it would be awesome, but you should always leave draw to pokemon like Uxie or Unown R, or trainer cards like Pokedex.

Someone better work on the stuff that goes like ******. (i'm not cussing, those are real astericks) I typed in an equivalent of no one and it went like ****** (same as above) and the island country in asia that is home to Tokyo did the same thing

do you play competitively? What tournaments have you been to, and how much have you top cut? What is LuxChomp?

I clearly said I am NOT an expert. I don't play compeditivly but I've gotten some advice from a friend who has. He taught me some pretty good stratigies and a few ins and outs of building an effective deck. LuxChomp a deck featuring Luxray and Garachomp (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LuxChomp).

As for trainers they are very effective IF USED PROPPERLY. Generally there are two popular types of trainer cards. Draw power and search power. If you draw a trainer card that allows you to search for a pokemon then it is just as good as drawing the exact pokemon you needed. It is like having a card that turns into what you need. Hard to beat eh? Draw power are cards that allow you to draw cards during your turn. These are good for when you need more optyions. When you draw you can get anything from more energies to more draw power. The key here is SPEED. The faster you get your best pokemon out there then the better of you will be. This also allows you to take advantage of "bench Abilities." by bringing pokemon onto your bench that you use for their ability rather than actually doing damage.

-Shadow

k cool. but to be fair, luxray gl and garchomp c is right.

I bought a code from a seller on ebay last night it worked perfectly. If anyone wants their name or the link to the codes just reply.

I bought a code from a seller on ebay last night it worked perfectly. If anyone wants their name or the link to the codes just reply.

They also sent it to me through email not even 5 minutes later

I don't have a code for the closed beta YET (Still hunting) and I'm not an expert bui I feel like I know enough to help. I won't build a deck for you but if your looking for advice on anything from which packs to pull or which cards you have/should use.

_

-Shadow

I've won 2 Battle Road's, top cutted in Regionals, attended Worlds Grinders, one win away from entering (>.<) Fainting Spell Gengar ruined my one win short. Luxchomp is an OP deck that is way overused.

I've played Duskgar, Speedgar, Grindgrowth, Gigados, Gigas, Gyarados, LostGar, Magnerock, Vcitory Bell, TekDek, Flygon Machamp, FlyGeChamp, GeChamp, Speedrill, Speednoir, various trainer locks, Giratina and more :P

I don't have a code for the closed beta YET (Still hunting) and I'm not an expert bui I feel like I know enough to help. I won't build a deck for you but if your looking for advice on anything from which packs to pull or which cards you have/should use.

_

-Shadow

I've won 2 Battle Road's, top cutted in Regionals, attended Worlds Grinders, one win away from entering (>.<) Fainting Spell Gengar ruined my one win short. *********** an OP deck that is way overused.

I've played Duskgar, Speedgar, Grindgrowth, Gigados, Gigas, Gyarados, LostGar, Magnerock, Vcitory Bell, TekDek, Flygon Machamp, FlyGeChamp, GeChamp, Speedrill, Speednoir, various trainer locks, Giratina and more :P

I wasn't talking to you

I've won 2 Battle Road's, top cutted in Regionals, attended Worlds Grinders, one win away from entering (>.<) Fainting Spell Gengar ruined my one win short. *********** an OP deck that is way overused.

Now that is a respectable (and expensive) resume. I have beta acess now and look forward to see what you can come up with from the given sets. TheDude1209 seems to be a lot of talk, they also don't seem to realize which sets we have to work with. I had some fun with Empolo Tech, was a deck I could put together in my price range, and I haven't taken it serious enough to go to any tournys.

_

Also, TheDude1209 you like quadruple posted. I'd advice against that, particuarly considering you had so little to say.

_

-Shadow

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a deck built around the new black/white card Beartic would be awsome. It's attack is scary good. (alomost to good) It would probably owe the most luxgar decks. I also believe luxgar deck arent verypowerful compere to other newer decks. They may have been good 2 years ago but now they are rubish like a Trubish.

They also sent it to me through email not even 5 minutes later

Hello all!

I'd like to remind you that sharing or requesting codes on forums is prohibited. That is all, thanks!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Deck: Hydro Pump

3 Squirtle

2 Wartortale

2 Blastoise

2 Oshwott

2 (stage 1 whatever name is)

2 Samurott (ability version)

3 Totodile

2 Croconaw

2 Feraligator Prime

2 smeargle

4 rare candy

various other items/supporters

17 water energy

Any suggestions on what I should do with my pokemon or energy? Having trouble deciding how many of the basic pokemon I should have without having to redraw 2 times and ending up with a sloppy starter hand.

Also What reccommended items/supporters for this type of deck?

• 2 weeks later...

_

-Shadow

i do

• 10 months later...

_

-Shadow

i do

you should add primes please dont share codes

Hello all!

I'd like to remind you that sharing or requesting codes on forums is prohibited. That is all, thanks!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

where can i see all the rules of this forum?

Archived