Anyone looking for some advice on deckbuilding?

EmptyShadow

I don't have a code for the closed beta YET (Still hunting) and I'm not an expert bui I feel like I know enough to help. I won't build a deck for you but if your looking for advice on anything from which packs to pull or which cards you have/should use.

_

-Shadow

If you can't find any packs, I reccommend eBay XD.

Will be hard to know for sure I'm getting code packs from someone online. Even if they use a code pack for the picture there is no guarentee they won't just ship noncode packs.

_

-Shadow

I wouldn't trust this with Ebay either. As the discription page of the booster pack doesn't say you'll definitely get a online code you can't claim anything if you don't get one.

I don't have a code for the closed beta YET (Still hunting) and I'm not an expert bui I feel like I know enough to help. I won't build a deck for you but if your looking for advice on anything from which packs to pull or which cards you have/should use.

_

-Shadow

do you play competitively? What tournaments have you been to, and how much have you top cut? What is LuxChomp?

Prove yourself with answers

you just need 60 cards in a deck,(some special rules apply like you can only have 4x of each card excluding energy) but a deck with only pokemon and energy cards wont do much.

once 6 of ur pokemon are knocked out you lose so no point in having only pokemon in your deck, also you wont be able to set up properly without trainers and supporters

but if i remove the 10 on average trainer/supporter cards that allows a better chance to pull evolutions with power moves and enrgy to use them so while you are pulling supporters i'm pulling power houses and attacking strongly. is this not a valid idea? I have never found supporters/trainers very usefull except for a potion.

once 6 of ur pokemon are knocked out you lose so no point in having only pokemon in your deck, also you wont be able to set up properly without trainers and supporters

Give an example of a setup i'm not under standing. like pokeball instead of pulling this card and flipping to see if i can pull a basic i have more chances to just pull that basic and maybe an evolution

your deck will run very slow, trainers and supports allow more utility and strategy to a deck. more poemon in a deck wont increase your chance of building a power house like charizard, it might even make it hard to build a charizard since you have alot of other randm pokemon and poe evolutions in your deck, there are trainers that help you draw the cards you need to make strong pokemon like pokeball.

your deck will run very slow, trainers and supports allow more utility and strategy to a deck. more poemon in a deck wont increase your chance of building a power house like charizard, it might even make it hard to build a charizard since you have alot of other randm pokemon and poe evolutions in your deck, there are trainers that help you draw the cards you need to make strong pokemon like pokeball.

If you have the cards i got some poor supporters for the closed beta, that myself don't find that usefull for my playing style.

See if you pull a pokemon communication it will allow you to get the pokemon you need right then instead of having to wait and draw one. Or what if most of your energy is in the discard pile .... well a trainer/supporter could help get those back out.

See if you pull a pokemon communication it will allow you to get the pokemon you need right then instead of having to wait and draw one. Or what if most of your energy is in the discard pile .... well a trainer/supporter could help get those back out.

Thats a good point

pretty much most supporters are usefull, like bill, drawing 2 cards is better than just drawing one.

HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!! THE WINDOW IS GONE!!!!!!!

If you can't find any packs, I reccommend eBay XD.

Will be hard to know for sure I'm getting code packs from someone online. Even if they use a code pack for the picture there is no guarentee they won't just ship noncode packs.

_

-Shadow

I actually just bought the codes without the packs :P. I'd already bought a box of non-coded boosters, so I didn't really need anymore physical cards...

pretty much most supporters are usefull, like bill, drawing 2 cards is better than just drawing one.

But at the same time most supporters are better than bill XD. When you have a choice of Engineers Adjustments (discard an energy, draw 4), cheerleaders cheer (draw 3, opponent can draw one) and EmCees chatter (draw 2, flip to draw a third), Bill is actually quite underpowered and should only really be used if you have a lack of other supporters in my opinion. But still any Supporter/Item over no Supporter/Item.

But at the same time most supporters are better than bill XD. When you have a choice of Engineers Adjustments (discard an energy, draw 4), cheerleaders cheer (draw 3, opponent can draw one) and EmCees chatter (draw 2, flip to draw a third), Bill is actually quite underpowered and should only really be used if you have a lack of other supporters in my opinion. But still any Supporter/Item over no Supporter/Item.

I would still take bill over cheerleaders cheer though since it helps your opponent out, but the rest are better choices over bill.

Archived