Igmivrial

Marshadow should be banned

Igmivrial

I was playing a game and this guy put marshadow on his bench, and my hand was reset to 4. I had game in my hand, but these new 4 cards werent good. it gave me a fire energy, a grass energy, and 2 swamperts. I only had one swampert out and i got rid of the fire energy, and it gave me 3 more worthless cards. 

Marshadow is runinging the game. 

• Downvote 13

Princess_Aurora

Hi! I concur that Marshadow’s Run Loose ability can be annoying (especially since I play Sylveon), but it’s definitively not game breaking. If you’re looking for something that’s annoying beyond belief, then look at Red Card. Same effect, but only applies on your side. ;)

• Upvote 2

xXTheStalkXx

Marshadow is runinging the game. 

Marshadow is not ruining the game, it barely sees any play, yeah it's ability ca be annoying but being honest, how often do you see it? Want something really annoying, being N'ed to 1 when you had game in hand, that's actually more painful and happens more consistently than Marshadow. 

• Upvote 1

LordKieta

Marshadow is not ruining the game, it barely sees any play, yeah it's ability ca be annoying but being honest, how often do you see it? Want something really annoying, being N'ed to 1 when you had game in hand, that's actually more painful and happens more consistently than Marshadow.

I agree that Marshadow isn't ruining the game.

But I also agree that Marshadow is "runinging" the game

• Upvote 1

EpicShonenGuy

Yeah let's ban every card that ruins your plans...

• Upvote 2

Mod_Vengr

Hello Igmiviral,

Thank you for your feedback. I don't think Marshadow represents a problem to the extent of being banned, but as usual, I will forward your feedback to our dev team!

Oldschool1990

Hello Igmiviral,

Thank you for your feedback. I don't think Marshadow represents a problem to the extent of being banned, but as usual, I will forward your feedback to our dev team!

And what can the devs do about it? Right, nothing, because they don't have the rights to ban anything.

Note to mods: someone with minus 72 rep is obviously a troll.

• Upvote 3

Player_Jay

Hahahahahahaha

Your pension to Ban Marshadow has gotten you down voted to -9.

Maybe, your hate toward poor little Marshadow is unwarranted.

Maybe, you are just taking this game to seriously.

My advice is to LET LOOSE!

Hahahahahahaha

I made a funny!

Did you get it?

Edited by Player_Jay
  • Downvote 3

Deadly_Catalyst

So the original post doesn't really give an appropriate reason as to why Marshadow should be banned. Honestly, it should be banned for its turn one disruption effect, not so much its late game disruption. The problem right now is that's decks like Jumpluff easily get card advantage. The deck allows players to evolve in a quick fashion, deal out a lot of damage and as they only give you one prize card, easily get prize card advantage as well. So far, I've been Marshadowed on too many times on turn one, effectively turning a 7 -> 8 card hand to a 4 - > 5 card hand. While my opponent has managed to not only get rid of most of their cards on turn one, Marshadow, and potentially Lillie or Cynthia as well, while I've either bricked due to Marshadow or just can't quite keep up anymore because I started at such a disadvantage. 

Anyways, that's why I argue Marshadow needs a ban. Or really any card that makes your opponent start the game at a disadvantage just because you won a coin flip.

harshu

So the original post doesn't really give an appropriate reason as to why Marshadow should be banned. Honestly, it should be banned for its turn one disruption effect, not so much its late game disruption. The problem right now is that's decks like Jumpluff easily get card advantage. The deck allows players to evolve in a quick fashion, deal out a lot of damage and as they only give you one prize card, easily get prize card advantage as well. So far, I've been Marshadowed on too many times on turn one, effectively turning a 7 -> 8 card hand to a 4 - > 5 card hand. While my opponent has managed to not only get rid of most of their cards on turn one, Marshadow, and potentially Lillie or Cynthia as well, while I've either bricked due to Marshadow or just can't quite keep up anymore because I started at such a disadvantage. 

Anyways, that's why I argue Marshadow needs a ban. Or really any card that makes your opponent start the game at a disadvantage just because you won a coin flip.

Then judge and red card should also be banned  ? Not to mention the powerful combo of red card + stadium + deliuent turn 1.. that exists in expanded..

Its not as game breaking and giant-fan shiftry with FOGP...  ;)   

Otakutron

Then judge and red card should also be banned ? Not to mention the powerful combo of red card + stadium + deliuent turn 1.. that exists in expanded..

Its not as game breaking and giant-fan shiftry with FOGP... ;)

You're not actually countering his argument: what if he says "Yes!" to everything? ;)

Before I progress, let us just acknowledge the Igmivrial has a Reputation sitting at -89 as I post this. Odds are good he just thinks it is fun to post outrageous things, but whether he was serious or not, no, I don't want nor do I think TPCi needs to ban Marshadow... yet.

The game is better balanced than it was - for example - during the Black & White-era or large chunks of the XY-era. That does not mean it is "well-balanced" though. The short version is that disruption (before you get a turn to even do anything) seems rather unfair and unsportsmanlike. It might be just fine later in the game, but first turn it should probably be a no-no... even if it isn't going to literally win you the game at that point, it can generate advantage a little too easily, not unlike T1 attacks.

However, there are many, many other things I'd worry about before Marshadow. Things that may mean Marshadow does more good than harm by being present. As you pointed out, harshu, those of us that do think such effects being available T1 is a bad idea have other fish to fry. :)

Edited by Otakutron
  • Upvote 2

Deadly_Catalyst

Then judge and red card should also be banned  ? Not to mention the powerful combo of red card + stadium + deliuent turn 1.. that exists in expanded..

Its not as game breaking and giant-fan shiftry with FOGP...  ;)   

Red Card nets you the exact same number of cards, so while disruptive, at the very least your 7 card hand remains a 7 card hand.

Judge is your Supporter for the turn, so you really have to commit to dropping both your and your opponents hand to 4.

Marshadow on the other hand, is a new four card hand on top of your supporter for the turn. So, you thin your hand and perhaps play Lillie, thin some more, then drop a Marshadow. Or you thin, play a Marshadow, then play Lillie or Cynthia. This is huge in Pikachu and Zekrom, a deck that arguably has no problems with energy acceleration, the last thing it needs is a huge disruptive capability in the form of Marshadow.

Note: I don't play expanded, so I'm unfamiliar with problematic strategies in the format.  

SandaledOtter

Red Card nets you the exact same number of cards, so while disruptive, at the very least your 7 card hand remains a 7 card hand. 

That's Peeking Red Card. Red card is a different thing:

Your opponent shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck and draws 4 cards.

• Upvote 1

Otakutron
Posted (edited)

No, Peaking Red Card works how you say but Red Card forces your opponent to shuffle their hand into their deck and draw four cards.  They are two different Item cards; the original Red Card is only legal for the Expanded Format.

Judge is your Supporter for the turn, so you really have to commit to dropping both your and your opponents hand to 4.

It is your Supporter for the turn, but that didn't stop Delinquent from being Banned.  That's because you can use Judge for quite a bit of advantage T1 if your know what you're doing.  It isn't as easy as pulling of a Marshadow before or after another draw Supporter for big gains, but it definitely can be done.  It is as simple as having mostly cards that are easy to spam... plus Nest Ball or Ultra Ball or whatever for an Oranguru or two.  Soon we'll have Dedenne-GX as well.

To be consistent, you should really stand against all three... at least for T1 usage.  I am at the point T1 disruption, like T1 KO's, just doesn't seem fair.  Well, T1 disruption which shrinks your hand; making me re-draw my own hand a la Peeking Red Card is fine.

Edit: Beaten to the first point by SandaledOtter by less than a minute. XP

Edited by Otakutron

Deadly_Catalyst

No, Peaking Red Card works how you say but Red Card forces your opponent to shuffle their hand into their deck and draw four cards.  They are two different Item cards; the original Red Card is only legal for the Expanded Format.

It is your Supporter for the turn, but that didn't stop Delinquent from being Banned.  That's because you can use Judge for quite a bit of advantage T1 if your know what you're doing.  It isn't as easy as pulling of a Marshadow before or after another draw Supporter for big gains, but it definitely can be done.  It is as simple as having mostly cards that are easy to spam... plus Nest Ball or Ultra Ball or whatever for an Oranguru or two.  Soon we'll have Dedenne-GX as well.

To be consistent, you should really stand against all three... at least for T1 usage.  I am at the point T1 disruption, like T1 KO's, just doesn't seem fair.  Well, T1 disruption which shrinks your hand; making me re-draw my own hand a la Peeking Red Card is fine.

Edit: Beaten to the first point by SandaledOtter by less than a minute. XP

Ooo yeah, see I really don't play expanded so Red Card isn't something I encounter. The only real issue I've had while playing Standard is Marshadow. I have a problem with cards that effect your hand size in general. 

Spr1nter
Posted (edited)

Ooo yeah, see I really don't play expanded so Red Card isn't something I encounter. The only real issue I've had while playing Standard is Marshadow. I have a problem with cards that effect your hand size in general.

I consider this ability to be pretty mild, compared to the abilities that some other pokemon have.

The fact that it affects both players' hands is a risk for both players.

The problem is that some abilities are so overpowered that it needs not any explanation. For example, being able to call any grass pokemon (including GX pokemon) is trash.

If there's anything game breaking, it's the new cards that have come out, as well as Lost March, but I'd argue the game was already broken before these cards came in.

There's also too many cards that do way too much damage for too little energy. There's not even a need for a coin flip to do damage, so it is always reliable.

The devs of this program can't do anything, but the more players whine about it, the more they have to look at it.

This game is its current and previous formats are seriously garbage and I regret playing as much as I did. The reason why I am writing about this is to see if the game can even be salvaged by the community. The people in it are fine.  No issues.

Abilities should NEVER have been immune to paralysis or sleep. It makes zero sense.

Edited by Spr1nter

Deadly_Catalyst
Posted (edited)

I consider this ability to be pretty **** mild, compared to the abilities that some other pokemon have.

The fact that it affects both players' hands is a risk for both players.

The problem is that some abilities are so overpowered that it needs not any explanation. For example, being able to call any grass pokemon (including GX pokemon) is trash.

If there's anything game breaking, it's the new cards that have come out, as well as Lost March, but I'd argue the game was already broken before these cards came in.

I just got Marshadowed. Number of cards in my opponents deck is 34. Mine, 45. Also, it really isn't a risk for both players as the person playing it wouldn't often be doing it if they weren't in a position to do so. 

Edited by Deadly_Catalyst

SandaledOtter

The devs of this program can't do anything, but the more players whine about it, the more they have to look at it.

Except the "they" that would even be able to look at it aren't here, and never see this.