TCG in other langage

Necrow51

Hi

I am French and I am not lucky to be able to buy decks B/W in shop thus my question is:

What is that online TCG will cross in several languages others than the English, will it be necessary for possible to buy codes on SMS / STAR PASS?

thanks.

Bonjour Nercrow51!

Thanks for posting on the forums today!

We see that you would like for TCGO to be more multilingual and we completely understand where you are coming from. The Pokémon Community is a place filled with so many cultures and languages, that having options within TCGO to change language settings is well in works. As stated before this is still the beta stage of TCGO and we are constantly making improvements for the game and the forums to work for you the Trainer.

We have forwarded your suggestions to our Support Team to take note and take action. We will try to get an answer to question as soon as possible, but as you wait around for us to get back to you, please check out our Pokémon Support Center for information on updated issues and any other questions you may have.

Merci Nercrow51 and continue to post your ideas and suggestions!

Prof_Good

liGht = tRuth = fOcus

Thanks for reply !

Moderation are fast and bring complete answers ;)

I wait impatiently for the French release :)

• 3 months later...

On my part I have quite a problem with the French release of TCG. When I first subscribed and played the game was in English, now, for I don't know which reason, it switched to French and I don't see any option anywhere to switch it back to English. My primary language is French but let's be honest; pokemon's french translations are pretty childish and disgusting. I definitely preferred the English versions of pokémon names/skills...

I've been looking around in account / game options / everywhere... all the frame is in English, my account settings are in English, but pressing "play" loads me the game in french.

Please help :'( I want to get back to the original language.

On my part I have quite a problem with the French release of TCG. When I first subscribed and played the game was in English, now, for I don't know which reason, it switched to French and I don't see any option anywhere to switch it back to English. My primary language is French but let's be honest; pokemon's french translations are pretty childish and disgusting. I definitely preferred the English versions of pokémon names/skills...

I've been looking around in account / game options / everywhere... all the frame is in English, my account settings are in English, but pressing "play" loads me the game in french.

Interesting.

For the pokemon.com website you can select your language. However for the pokemontcg site it looks like it uses the locale as set by your location when you register. Have you filled in the address information fully? I don't expect that this will make a difference but it is worth trying.

This could get quite interesting as Belgium has three languages, Switzerland also uses three languages. Canada has two.

Same for me. Well, of course a different language (Dutch) because I live in a different country, and I too want English back. Unfortunately, Support keeps insisting it's only English even after showing a screenshot, and so far the only reply I got here was that it's a problem on my end (having to clear my browser's cache. However, that doesn't solve it, and it's on any browser).

I'd pretty much dislike having to set my computer as "everything in English" just to have the pokemon game in English... Can't pokemontcg just add a "choose language" IN the game options? Seems it'd accomodate much more people that I thought; glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem. Well, "glad"... Sorry for you guys :P

• 2 weeks later...

When I signed up my daughter and son age 9 and 6 the TCG was in English. Then all of a sudden the language was Norwegian which was great for the kdis hence they weren't depending on their dad translating when enjoying the game. But now the game is back to English language. Just wondering what happened to the Norwegian translation?

By the way thanks for a wonderful game, enjoyed by both my kids and my self regular_smile.png

Game is back in English! I'm glad :) Thanks a lot for the fix!

@Bingolfs; I'd assume you'd need to put "norwegian" in the main page prior to loading the game now (as it was supposed to be prior the fix of auto-change-language-to-what-computer-has-other-programs-in I guess)

Archived