Card - Video Game Link?

strategydude

What if there was a fun and easy way to link the experiences of Pokemon games with the trading card game? There could be a whole new world of possibilities with this idea. For example, if you bought a specially marked deck or pack you not only could play with cards in real life but gain special items or/and Pokemon in the game! I know this website uses this idea but if this could be used with Pokemon video games it would be not only a more popular but ideal way than other methods to link the two games together! Please reply (and stay on topic!)!!!

Pokemon to the end,

teeth_smile.png

I read "Link" and immediately thought of this:

SUMO_LINK__D_by_Haninator.jpg

and then I read the thread and I turned sad. :c but seriously if my Pokemon team was trading cards I'd win EVERY single time. my Sisqo is seriously overpowered.

There have been a few things like this, actually, though the only thing I can think of that has come stateside off the top of my head is the promo Meowth card that came with the Pokemon TCG game for the GBC. Nintendo Power's given away a few promo cards too, and that's definitely more game based. Japan gave away Sinnoh starters via Dream World with codes obtained through the Japanese BW TCG set as well. Even Korea's had a Dream World promotion that would give you a code for buying bread.

Archived