Dragon Type Pokemon

strategydude

Dragon type Pokemon are, in general, rare, have powerful attacks and stats, and are favorable additions to your Pokemon team. But even with these great chracteristics, Dragon type Pokemon can be difficult to obtain and hard to evolve. With all of this stated, do you believe that Dragon type Pokemon should be more mainstream like other types of Pokemon and easier to get for both the trading card game and video games? Please reply (and stay on topic!)!!!

Pokemon to the end,

teeth_smile.png

Um, The reason Dragon types are hard to catch is because... their Dragons. You can see grass and water everyday... but, Dragons?! They're supposed to be hard to catch to give the trainers goals when their building team. The whole point of dragon types is to give that 'next level' too the game.

heck no, i believe that the might of the dragon must not be vanquishedn for the power will always be never ending.

let the power flow on through the ages

- Static Draco

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnAhAXorTHbkGlBwvmy2kEXQdvRShgF1wZuKN-61TtKVu3fQ66Ogh7zSTN

you forgot about my ev trained kingdra

surf

meh, surf won't do much to a scrafty, you'd need a stab super effective move to be able to take it out.

my scrafty can ohko your kingdra with hi jump kick.

well i do have a super move

WATERFALL!!!!

its a critical hit

kingdra's sniper ability powers up attack

my kingdra's atk is higher than his sp.atk

That is a hard question to answer. Dragon types like Hydregon, Dragonite, Salamence, and Haxorus take a while to get because:

A. There pre-evoloved forms must reach lvl. 50 or higher

B. They take a lot of exp. points to level up

However all dragons are very powerful and have few weakness'. For the video game I think that the odds of catching a Dragon Pokemon should stay the same. As for the TCG i think it should be a little easier to find Dragons such as put at lest two dragon pokemon cards in a set. Apperently Noble Victories has some Dragon pokemon so but not enough.

Still, wouldn't it be cool to have a Dragon type Pokemon on Route 1? It could start out small and have weak attacks but evolve to a much better Pokemon. They did this with Staravia and it worked out. And it would be great for early-game strategists and variety in the Pokemon world. Still, you have a point, but if the creators of Pokemon can find a balance, it would work out great!

There are a few Dragon Pokemon that aren't nearly as powerful, namely Flygon, Altaria, and Druddigon. Trapinch and Swablu were found relatively early as well in gen 3. And honestly, no, it isn't really fun bringing a Dragon-type around for the main game, imo, just because of how slowly they level. Gible wasn't a very useful party member in Platinum, and you can obtain it right after the second gym. While not a Dragon, similarly, using Larvestra through Black was more of a chore than I would've expected (I traded my Panpour to White to teach it Surf right after the first gym just to get Frillish and Larvestra early). In general, most of the strong endgame Pokemon are pretty terrible to use through the main game besides legendaries.

Still, wouldn't it be cool to have a Dragon type Pokemon on Route 1? It could start out small and have weak attacks but evolve to a much better Pokemon. They did this with Staravia and it worked out. And it would be great for early-game strategists and variety in the Pokemon world. Still, you have a point, but if the creators of Pokemon can find a balance, it would work out great!

That would be cool but then the game would be unbalanced. You'd go to the random match ups and everyone would have a Dragon team.

Edit: Early game legendary FAIL! the game would be even more unbalanced. (Victini was an early legendary though)

Technically speaking, there have been a few early legendaries. Any giveaway Pokemon can be used right when you pick it up from the Pokemart, so if you're early in the game when you do one of those events, you can have fun blasting through everything with something that's probably broken. Victini was an early legend, and it was pretty broken to use in-game. Fun, no doubt, but pretty broken.

Technically speaking, there have been a few early legendaries. Any giveaway Pokemon can be used right when you pick it up from the Pokemart, so if you're early in the game when you do one of those events, you can have fun blasting through everything with something that's probably broken. Victini was an early legend, and it was pretty broken to use in-game. Fun, no doubt, but pretty broken.

i agree.i got an zoroark at lvl 50 with 1 gym badge.wow.

What I mean was a weaker lv. 1 legendary Pokemon early in the game. It would not be as strong as others, but it could learn powerful attacks later on.

heck no, i believe that the might of the dragon must not be vanquishedn for the power will always be never ending.

let the power flow on through the ages

- Static Draco

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnAhAXorTHbkGlBwvmy2kEXQdvRShgF1wZuKN-61TtKVu3fQ66Ogh7zSTN

You have a dragon type Gyarados and Aerodactyl? Trade me them!(not really, I know they aren't dragon types, but look like it.)

Would it be possible to balance a legendary Pokemon early in the game? It could be a weaker legendary that effects a later storyline!

What I mean was a weaker lv. 1 legendary Pokemon early in the game. It would not be as strong as others, but it could learn powerful attacks later on.

regigas was lv.1....

The legendaries have been proven to start out with usually 2x the stats of normal pokemon when they are younger. My friend gave me cheats so I could compare. He didn't think it was any different, but it is.

well i do have a super move

WATERFALL!!!!

its a critical hit

kingdra's sniper ability powers up attack

my kingdra's atk is higher than his sp.atk

you can't exactly rely on crits all the time.

I don't think something with the stats of say... Phione would be too strong. Even Musharna has better overall stats than that, and that can be obtained right after the first gym in gen 5. Of course, that begs the question as to how it would be considered a legendary if it's a common Pokemon that you could obtain on Route 1 without any real difficulty.

I don't think something with the stats of say... Phione would be too strong. Even Musharna has better overall stats than that, and that can be obtained right after the first gym in gen 5. Of course, that begs the question as to how it would be considered a legendary if it's a common Pokemon that you could obtain on Route 1 without any real difficulty.

you get it after you beat 2 gyms since you get a moon stone in pinwheel forest innereds.

Okay, first thing about dragons:

They are generally OP and are rare for a REASON.

Latias and Latios, look at their stats.

Garchomp and Hydregion(Genesect really trolls it with 1 more speed..), with scarves they're ownage, they both outspeed the Latis and Boostiken will have a fun time unless it's sashed/protect.

Hmm.. Multiscale Dragonite speaks for itself, Salamence is so-so scarved.

Resh/Zek are both just broken when scarved, you must admit.

..and Victini was supposed to be a bit weak if you noticed, like it being a bit annoying to catch..

..and those gibles, if you caught one, could be a dedicated ally by the time you got to Mt. Coronet, you know.

But a level 1 legend at the beginning is just outrageously dumb.

Archived