PM option request

sibbaldk

We all know forum topics can get way off topic and threads become redundant, but it will continue to happen, we are all trainers who just love to connect and talk pokemon. Perhaps in the future of the PTCGO a pm option could be added to keep threads from going way off topic and still allowing players to connect with each other.

i have a feeling something like that is coming soon, probably the same time as the friend feature. Look me up! :)

I dunno, even though a lot of older folks are on this site (myself included) they will probably try and keep it family and kid friendly and not add PMs. I'm pretty sure they would have already, being a staple of many forums.

------------------------------------------------------

Water Type Gym leader at http://unofficialpokemonleague.webs.com/

Pokemon White Friend Code: David 0690 4554 0126

Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: David 4727 0806 7262

Pokemon Gold Friend Code: David 0646 8433 6247

Someone already posted a topic on this a few weeks ago, and a mod came in and said what they always say; It's a beta, and more features will be added in the future. So I assume they will eventually add a PM system, we just have to be patient and wait for the time to come.

I dunno, even though a lot of older folks are on this site (myself included) they will probably try and keep it family and kid friendly and not add PMs. I'm pretty sure they would have already, being a staple of many forums.

I would have to disagree I think they are going to add them. They have a pretty impressive filter on, I think it would be hard to post anything innapropriate, and even kid sites having PMs

I would have to disagree I think they are going to add them. They have a pretty impressive filter on, I think it would be hard to post anything innapropriate, and even kid sites having PMs

Pretty over aggressive filter. :D Yeah I hope im wrong PMS make meeting up for trade and battles 100% easier! Earlier I couldn't say Poochyena!

poochyena's probably the dirtiest pokemon name omg_smile.png

I dont see why... :D

Point being that PMing is virtually impossible to moderate. With this forum also being for children I find it HIGHLY unlikely that they will allow Private Messages. I think they will implement something more along the lines of leaving "shouts" on someone's Dashboard. We can't even make custom avys or sigs, mostly because this would require additional moderation. On a forum like this you just have to accept that the ability to communicate and personalize will be VERY limited. It is the nature of the beast.

_

As for agressive filters, Has anyone else played Club Penguin? It wins for filtering in my book, including automatic bans for obvious words.

_

-Shadow

Hello Trainers!

Thanks for your suggestions on how to make the PokémonCommunity a wonderful place to hang.

A PM system sounds like a great idea and being that TCGO is still in its beta stage, we are forwarding your suggestions to our dedicated support to keep on the back bu/rner for future developments. We cannot guarantee that a PM system will be implemented, but bringing more ways for our Trainers to communicate and discuss anything Pokémon is the first thing on our list.

Keep pumping out the suggestions girls and guys teeth_smile.png we love to hear and know how our Pokémon Community is feeling and what they want on TCGO to make this gaming experience the best ever!

Prof_Good

liGht = tRuth = fOcus

I saw that keeping a buddy list is a planned feature, and I don't think a friends list is very useful without a good way to contact your friends. I.E. PMs. Maybe there'll be more in-depth communications in-game than on the forum. Maybe there'll be chatrooms in-game along with PMs. It's all fun speculating and brainstorming.

As for the whole PM moderation. It's simple. Keep PMs friends only. I always believed that a closed conversation with a definable number of people allows those number of people to make their own rules. If there's: a nasty disagreement, something unacceptable to a person is shared, or foul play is suspected; just sever connections, enact standard procedures when breaking relationships, and move on. ...Although, something should be done for the situations where all private parties in a conversation agree to partake in...more unethical actions. But it shouldn't require too much brainwork and it's only a concern if PMs are even considered, so I won't think much about it unless prompted to.

Oh, and another thing. Accounts designated as children cannot post in the forums. I'm pretty sure they won't get anywhere near private messages if it was implemented. If any child forsakens the protection in place, hey, their fall into the abyss. If anyone should have stopped them, it should have been their parents.

Archived