Help with movesets/team?

Littlewing

I can't really call this asking for a rating, because I'm horrible at this and mostly just asking for help.

Scolipede, @Air Balloon

Jolly, Poison Point

Spikes

Baton Pass

Sunny Day

Megahorn

(I wish this guy learned U-turn. :|)

Zoroark, @Choice Specs

Modest, Illusion

Focus Blast

Night Daze

Flamethrower

U-Turn

Haxorus, @Choice Scarf

Jolly, Mold Breaker

Outrage

Earthquake

Rock Slide

X-Scissor

Reuniclus, @Life Orb

Modest, Life Orb

Substitute

Recover

Psyshock

Focus Blast

Mienshao, @Salac Berry

Jolly, Regenerator

Endure

Reversal

Stone Edge

U-Turn

Chandelure, @Binding Band

Bold, Flame Body

Fire Spin

Confuse Ray

Haze

Pain Split

Yeah, I know those last four are really bad. x_x But that's why I'm asking for help. I'm sure that EndRevving is a horrible strategy, Hax supposedly isn't a good Scarfer, Reuniclus is pretty weak in anything not built around Trick Room I understand, and Chandelure... Yeah, I'm aware Chandelure is a mess, I'm just... Not sure what to do with it, so pseudo-trapping hazing annoyer seemed like a good placeholder.

Help?

I can't really call this asking for a rating, because I'm horrible at this and mostly just asking for help.

Scolipede, @Air Balloon

Jolly, Poison Point

Spikes

Baton Pass

Sunny Day

Megahorn

(I wish this guy learned U-turn. :|)

Zoroark, @Choice Specs

Modest, Illusion

Focus Blast

Night Daze

Flamethrower

U-Turn

Haxorus, @Choice Scarf

Jolly, Mold Breaker

Outrage

Earthquake

Rock Slide

X-Scissor

Reuniclus, @Life Orb

Modest, Life Orb

Substitute

Recover

Psyshock

Focus Blast

Mienshao, @Salac Berry

Jolly, Regenerator

Endure

Reversal

Stone Edge

U-Turn

Chandelure, @Binding Band

Bold, Flame Body

Fire Spin

Confuse Ray

Haze

Pain Split

Yeah, I know those last four are really bad. x_x But that's why I'm asking for help. I'm sure that EndRevving is a horrible strategy, Hax supposedly isn't a good Scarfer, Reuniclus is pretty weak in anything not built around Trick Room I understand, and Chandelure... Yeah, I'm aware Chandelure is a mess, I'm just... Not sure what to do with it, so pseudo-trapping hazing annoyer seemed like a good placeholder.

Help?

Quick question before I offer my opinions are these for the VGC 2011? Or more to the point are they for doubles or singles?

------------------------------------------------------

Water Type Gym leader at http://unofficialpokemonleague.webs.com/

Pokemon White Friend Code: David 0690 4554 0126

Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: David 4727 0806 7262

Pokemon Gold Friend Code: David 0646 8433 6247

Reniclus @ Lifeorb is super super common. So lets see if we can squeeze something a little different out. You almost expect him to be carrying one, so when they see you attack and dont see the recoil they start to wonder what you are carrying!

Reuniclus @ Choice Specs

Magic Guard (obviously!)

Modest

Trick

Shadow Ball

Focus Blast

Psyshock/Psychic

The choice between Psychic and Psyshock largely depends on what type of coverage you got on your team already. Trick is to cause some chaos stick that on a sweeper or a beefy wall and you can ruin there day and nab maybe leftovers in return! For evs id say max Health and Max Special Attack.

However if you do want to run Trick room (which is tough in a singles environment) the moveset you got is probably as good as it gets, maybe since you got Recover consider using Calm Mind it'll pay more dividends rather than Subsitute.

As for Chandelure you has to use Shadow Tag for his ability. If you swap into something that doest threaten you you can start boosting sats while you opponent tries to chip away at you health.

So abusing Shadow Tag I'd say:

Chandelure @Leftovers

Shadow Tag

Timid or Bold

Shadow Ball

Flamethrower

Substitue/Pain Split

Calm Mind

You are going to want to switch into a Pokemon using a special attack, whos not a major threat to you. Then ge to to work with Calm Mind. Your Shadow tag prevents them from swapping out. After enough Calm minds, Special attacks will do almost nothing to your Subsitute. Pain Split could be used if your more concerned over keeping health or sapping walls.

Mienshao @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Band

Regenerator

Naive

U-turn

Hi Jump Kick

Fake Out

Stone Edge

Is obvious what you are going to abuse U-turn for. Yup that little extra damage and 33% healing! Stone Edge is going to hit a lot of things hard. Espeically pesky fliers! As where High Jump Kick will ruin anything not resistant to it. This guy is pretty straight forward, beat on everything it can, as quickly as it can, because this guy cannot take a hit. If you are careful you might be able to swap out Fake Out for Swords Dance if you can time it right and really get to work!

Sorry for the Triple posts but it makes things easier to read. Also the set you are running is pretty solid as is. Theres nothing terribly wrong with it. My advice is just that, advice and what I might use if I were to use those Pokemon. If you ever want a practice battle let me know.

Quick question before I offer my opinions are these for the VGC 2011? Or more to the point are they for doubles or singles?

They aren't for the VGC, I don't even know where that is. XD And singles. This is just the team I want for futzing around with.

Reniclus @ Lifeorb is super super common. So lets see if we can squeeze something a little different out. You almost expect him to be carrying one, so when they see you attack and dont see the recoil they start to wonder what you are carrying!

Reuniclus @ Choice Specs

Magic Guard (obviously!)

Modest

Trick

Shadow Ball

Focus Blast

Psyshock/Psychic

The choice between Psychic and Psyshock largely depends on what type of coverage you got on your team already. Trick is to cause some chaos stick that on a sweeper or a beefy wall and you can ruin there day and nab maybe leftovers in return! For evs id say max Health and Max Special Attack.

However if you do want to run Trick room (which is tough in a singles environment) the moveset you got is probably as good as it gets, maybe since you got Recover consider using Calm Mind it'll pay more dividends rather than Subsitute.

Don't I get stuck with their item too with Trick, or is that Switcheroo? I don't want to give up my Choice Specs and get Choice Banded in return. That seems like it's pretty risky - but then again so is having such a slow Pokemon with Reuniclus' defenses... I may not use Reuniclus, the more I think about it, the more I realize he's just a liability without Trick Room behind him, and I don't wanna turn it into a Trick Room team.

As for Chandelure you has to use Shadow Tag for his ability. If you swap into something that doest threaten you you can start boosting sats while you opponent tries to chip away at you health.

So abusing Shadow Tag I'd say:

Chandelure @Leftovers

Shadow Tag

Timid or Bold

Shadow Ball

Flamethrower

Substitue/Pain Split

Calm Mind

You are going to want to switch into a Pokemon using a special attack, whos not a major threat to you. Then ge to to work with Calm Mind. Your Shadow tag prevents them from swapping out. After enough Calm minds, Special attacks will do almost nothing to your Subsitute. Pain Split could be used if your more concerned over keeping health or sapping walls.

XD I'd take Shadow Tag in a heartbeat, if it was legal. Unfortunately Shadow Tag is Chandelure's Dream World ability, and since Gen 5 Pokemon aren't available anywhere as Dream World Pokemon yet, Shadow Tag is illegal last I heard.

Mienshao @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Band

Regenerator

Naive

U-turn

Hi Jump Kick

Fake Out

Stone Edge

Is obvious what you are going to abuse U-turn for. Yup that little extra damage and 33% healing! Stone Edge is going to hit a lot of things hard. Espeically pesky fliers! As where High Jump Kick will ruin anything not resistant to it. This guy is pretty straight forward, beat on everything it can, as quickly as it can, because this guy cannot take a hit. If you are careful you might be able to swap out Fake Out for Swords Dance if you can time it right and really get to work!

Actually I was gonna abuse U-turn because I'm a dirty coward and Mienshao is too fragile to leave out against, well, anything. But I absolutely despise Conkeldurr and I'm a little strapped for decent physical hitters.

I didnt even notice that Shadow Tag was a hidden move when I was looking up his stuff on Bublbapedia! That sorta ruins his whole deal. :( The move set might still work, as lots of guys use Calm Mind without the Shadow Tag deal.

In that case I would say Flash Fire is more useful, especially if you can switch into a fire attack and start going to town! Flame body is good, but physcial moves against ghosts are not to common.

Seriously you know what youre doing when it comes to movesets. My biggest problem is Team cohesion. I analyze each pokemon by themselves, but when you come against a team of 6 pokemon who all help each other like a rain dance team, its scary efficient!

Yeah, making a team with any kind of synergy can be difficult. Unless you're just spamming Drizzle/Drought/Sand Stream and Swift Swim/Chlorophyll/Sand Veil|Rush. Which is REALLY ANNOYING from what I've seen on other forums/battle videos. It's why I gave Scolipede Sunny Day. If they open with auto-weather that isn't Sunny Day, I can Sunny Day and U-turn out of the probable incoming fire-attack to try to keep them from getting their weather boost for a few turns.

Yeah, making a team with any kind of synergy can be difficult. Unless you're just spamming Drizzle/Drought/Sand Stream and Swift Swim/Chlorophyll/Sand Veil|Rush. Which is REALLY ANNOYING from what I've seen on other forums/battle videos. It's why I gave Scolipede Sunny Day. If they open with auto-weather that isn't Sunny Day, I can Sunny Day and U-turn out of the probable incoming fire-attack to try to keep them from getting their weather boost for a few turns.

Yeah Weather teams are pretty strong, and over used. I avoid them like the plague and try to come up with something they won't expect! cool to see someone else who does the same! Once my VGC team is up we should have some practice runs and gather some feedback!

I haven't even started breeding for them yet. XD Right now my team is purely an on-paper and theoretical thing.

And I'm still trying to think of something that hits hard on the special side to replace Reuniclus with. Decided as adorable as he is, he's just too slow to be useful outside Trick Room.

I'm thinking Lilligant or Sheer Force Nidoking. Lilligant's Quiver Petal Dance with no drawbacks is just awesome now, but SF Nidoking is gonna hit like a truck too with a lot more coverage than grass.

I haven't even started breeding for them yet. XD Right now my team is purely an on-paper and theoretical thing.

And I'm still trying to think of something that hits hard on the special side to replace Reuniclus with. Decided as adorable as he is, he's just too slow to be useful outside Trick Room.

I'm thinking Lilligant or Sheer Force Nidoking. Lilligant's Quiver Petal Dance with no drawbacks is just awesome now, but SF Nidoking is gonna hit like a truck too with a lot more coverage than grass.

I know I was eyeballing him. One Major problem is going to be that you can't use Nidoking in the VGC its only gen 5 Pokemon!

Chandelure is a good special attacker, but hes going to be all over the face, I've made a Ferrothorn and a Jellicent so far and I'm almost done with my Whimmy!

SF Nidoking is pretty darned cool, it just took a V8 Slap from Ludwig to make me realize it. :P

But I'm not doing the VGC, it's a team for futzing around on random wifi and with friends (Even though Random Wifi is full of DCers who bail out of the match the second you take out their WTFPwnsome awesome leet unstoppable Garchomp lead. Or whatever else they lead with. :|

Seriously not happy about what I hear about random wifi. Why Nintendo didn't do the common-sense thing and make DCs count as a loss is beyond me. It's just not funny to go through the trouble of finding a battle only to have them DC if they don't get a KO with their opening attack.

I considered Whimsicott, but I'm seriously enamored with the idea of using Chandy as a defensive ptrapping annoyer, and Whimsicott would be another defensive Pokemon. Not sure I need two of those.

SF Nidoking is pretty darned cool, it just took a V8 Slap from Ludwig to make me realize it. :P

But I'm not doing the VGC, it's a team for futzing around on random wifi and with friends (Even though Random Wifi is full of DCers who bail out of the match the second you take out their WTFPwnsome awesome leet unstoppable Garchomp lead. Or whatever else they lead with. :|

Seriously not happy about what I hear about random wifi. Why Nintendo didn't do the common-sense thing and make DCs count as a loss is beyond me. It's just not funny to go through the trouble of finding a battle only to have them DC if they don't get a KO with their opening attack.

I considered Whimsicott, but I'm seriously enamored with the idea of using Chandy as a defensive ptrapping annoyer, and Whimsicott would be another defensive Pokemon. Not sure I need two of those.

Yeah I hear you on that. Well if you are not doing VGC then Nidoking would be a mean addition! Id like to bounce my team off yours even more, see where my weaknesses are!

I'll Choice Scarf my Latias and trololol at all of the Garchomp/Hydregion/whatever.

I've been wanting to see some DCs recently. xD

Archived