Are there any plans on making the game not entirely online based?

GamerBRA

I think it's just not me in the world with a slow internet connection (1Mb), the loadings are too slow for stuff that would just load up almost instantly if it was a game installed in my computer, like loading my collection, takes almost 10 minutes.

Also whenever I wanna change my deck for the first time of the session, it takes about 5 minutes to load the decks, and that's on single player mode, which could even not require an internet connection if it was installed in my computer (and later when online, upload the battle results and modifications made), but if decided internet was required on all times to avoid hacking/cheating, most of the loading would be from files already in my computer.

Loved the game, but with such slow loadings because I have to load the entire thing from an web based game, it will not take long before my patience is gone sad_smile.png

Greetings!

No there are no plans in the works as of right now to make it not 100% based online. But, we definately do have many plans in the works to help with the loading times, and improve performance. So hopefully once we push some fixes it will help alleviate the pain. Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition, giving up makes it permanent."

Do any of the plans involve having any kind of file inside the user computer?

If not, the scope of improvements possible in the loadings times will be pretty limited, the user will always have to load all the card images, game engine, etc, and he/she will have to download this every single session, wasting their time, and your bandwidth...

Do you happen to know the reason a 100% web based game was decided to be the best option?

Oh, just something worth saying. My router can monitor the connection and tell what's the current incoming/outcoming bandwidth, and the site is pretty much always on full speed (of my 1Mb connection)

So at least so far, the loadings are not slow because yours servers are slow.

Get a faster internet connection. I use a cable modem & everything loads fine. Sometimes it takes a bit the first time I go to collection but after that it goes pretty quick.

Archived