How competitive do you think this game is/will becomes?

vicencio

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Basically I am asking do you think that this online TCG is going to become competitive, with its audience aimed more towards a younger audience I doubt that Pokémon inc. will try to make this game competitive, but it already has things like ranked status in the works it also hopefully means that we will have tournaments. Whether they will be sponsored or community made is currently up in the air, and if they are sponsored will they be giving away money or virtual booster pack. I just made this thread to see what other people options are on the subject/ what they think will happen, and with a little luck we can get a Pro. to answer some of the question.<o:p></o:p>

If any of the mods answer the question, it's going to be the same way they answer every question about stuff outside of beta. They don't know much more than we do, and they can't tell us what they know, even if they actually do know about tournaments that might happen in the future.

I could speculate, but I honestly have no idea; I guess we will have to wait and see.

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Basically I am asking do you think that this online TCG is going to become competitive, with its audience aimed more towards a younger audience I doubt that Pokémon inc. will try to make this game competitive, but it already has things like ranked status in the works it also hopefully means that we will have tournaments. Whether they will be sponsored or community made is currently up in the air, and if they are sponsored will they be giving away money or virtual booster pack. I just made this thread to see what other people options are on the subject/ what they think will happen, and with a little luck we can get a Pro. to answer some of the question.<o:p></o:p>

thx you for your input lol

There's going to be rankings, trading, and deck construction. A lot of players already on this board seem to be older too so I'm guessing there will be a fair number of serious players.

However keep in mind that the devs probably aren't going to release all the old sets at once so the online metagame will be very different from the paper metagame. They might have separate rooms/lists for casual and competitive play too.

If there will be rankings and leaderboards, I'm afraid it will be pretty competative. I do hope they'll make some kind of lobby for "player" or public matches.

Archived