Sign in to follow this  
Mod_Maven

10.19.2011 Our policy on selling digital cards

Vatenkeist

that's what WOTC does, but it seems counter intuitive to do that when they have codes in the pack already and they would compete each other in value.

JasonKlaczynski

If your online Pokemon cards can never be turned into something of real value, PTCGO will fail to grow the game as we hoped. We all know there are third-party programs that people play Pokemon for free on. In order to play PTCGO instead, you need to spend some money. In order to get those people to spend money, there needs to be some incentive. If you think that incentive is going to be the fact that you can have your own avatar that you decorate with hats, you're out of your mind.

The suggested solutions? Gems! People can buy gems and then trade gems for cards, right? Oh, but wait, gems only buy nonsense avatar items. So no one wants gems. But wait! Let's assume there's more to gems. Let's say gems can be used to enter tournaments! Ah, finally, it makes sense! If you can enter online tournaments with gems, then people will want gems, right? But wait...what do we win in tournaments? More gems? More virtual cards? You start to realize, Wait, no matter what I do on PTCGO, there is no way to earn anything valuable! And just like that, you realize Wow, this is a waste of money!

So with that, I'll close with the same sentence I opened with: If your online Pokemon cards can never be turned into something of real value, PTCGO will fail to grow the game.

jenbamo

If your online Pokemon cards can never be turned into something of real value, PTCGO will fail to grow the game as we hoped. We all know there are third-party programs that people play Pokemon for free on. In order to play PTCGO instead, you need to spend some money. In order to get those people to spend money, there needs to be some incentive. If you think that incentive is going to be the fact that you can have your own avatar that you decorate with hats, you're out of your mind.

The suggested solutions? Gems! People can buy gems and then trade gems for cards, right? Oh, but wait, gems only buy nonsense avatar items. So no one wants gems. But wait! Let's assume there's more to gems. Let's say gems can be used to enter tournaments! Ah, finally, it makes sense! If you can enter online tournaments with gems, then people will want gems, right? But wait...what do we win in tournaments? More gems? More virtual cards? You start to realize, Wait, no matter what I do on PTCGO, there is no way to earn anything valuable! And just like that, you realize Wow, this is a waste of money!

So with that, I'll close with the same sentence I opened with: If your online Pokemon cards can never be turned into something of real value, PTCGO will fail to grow the game.

Seems to me that the initial idea behind the online game was so people can play against others that they wouldn't normally have a chance to play against, not so players can make money by selling cards. Yes there are other programs that you can use to play against people but there are a few drawbacks:

1- you have to be in touch with other people to be able to find others to play against

2- you have to trust other people to play by the rules

The PTCGO gives all players the option to build decks and play against people around the world knowing that the program will make sure all the rules are followed. It is a great option for players who don't have others to playtest against or don't have alot of players at their local league (or who have no local league).

Its a joke to me that people keep saying "there needs to be incentive". You pay for the packs to get the actual physical cards. Do you people all only play the card game to make money?

truKeffect

There needs to be a secondary market somehow. I know of some other "avatar" sites that also don't allow selling of there digital items on ebay etc. But they do have a marketplace of there own on there site with there own currency system. Thats the only solution to this problem.

Blarger

Well, I’d like to start by saying that I’m nowhere near as good of a player as some of the names that have posted before me. Fulop, Ness, even Mr. Silver are all better players than I. But if nothing else, I still want to have my opinion heard.

My name on most other pokemon sites is Cabd, if you go on 6P or the Gym, you’ll probably recognize me. I’ve been playing TCGO since the closed beta period, quite enjoying myself, and doing my best to encourage people I knew to join too, even going as far as giving out extra beta codes to younger players that I knew had no way to get one. (There’s no game stores here, only target and wal-mart) Seeing the efforts of Pooka and several others, I began recording matches I played online, saving each match, including my commentary, and uploading them to youtube, while also live streaming each match. Already, having a visual record of matches has helped to identify misplays and to show players who are still “learning the ropes” about a deck observe how to use it.

As of most recent count, I’ve redeemed about 350 to 375 codes. Some of those are from boosters I bought physically, others are from buying codes online, and some were gifts from other people, such as Rogue_Archetype’s Pokegym guru contest.

To be entirely honest, I figured this would happen. Pokemon USA has to serve their masters in Japan. Japan does not like the idea of selling codes and singles via a secondary market like this. I note that most of the above examples other players of posted about are US or European companies. The problem we are currently facing is that Japanese mentality about digital single sales and the player base mentality about digital single sales are at odds.

We can protest all we’d like, in fact, every single person who has even read this thread could leave right now, and Japan would probably still be okay with it. To them, it’s “kids kids kids” and “forget the adults, get more kids in their place.”

Sadly, there’s not much we can do. Our best bet is to continue to argue with logic, class, and skill for our side of the argument. After all, if recent examples in the physical TCG world are any indication, TPCI does listen when they can.

In a world where I was in charge of figuring out the solution to this problem, here’s what I’d implement:

• Gems cost $1 USD (or equivalent currency)

• A single booster credit costs 3 Gems (so $3)

• Gem rewards for winning tournaments

• A “Gem Store” (more on this below)

A Gem store would allow people to order physical rewards, just like the My Nintendo Rewards program, which rewards players for registering games and consoles. The gem cost of the items would be placed above market value, so an item that would cost 5 dollars in real life might cost 8 Gems. That way, if one really wants the item, they can buy it with gems at above market value. Or, they can try to win it via tournament wins. Make items costing a lot of gems, maybe things such as Fancy Deck Sleeves, Playmats, or even Game Cartridges for lots and lots of gems. This provides your “Way out of the closed loop” while also rewarding players for playing and not just selling.

But of course, I’m not in charge, and that’s purely a suggestion. But tying the TCGO to the Player Rewards system would be a win-win in my opinion.

~Zackary “Cabd” Ayello

<div id="swiffout"> </div>

Vibrato

<strike>There is no end! </strike>Well actually there sadly is. I'm under the impression the gems will cause the tcgo's death. Let freedom ring!

bigghaz01

I paid money for these codes and PTCGO is going to tell me how I'm allowed to trade my cards? That's very upsetting. What's even more disappointing is that allowing money to change hands between players is what helps grow and promote the game. It sparks interest in games when cards are actually worth something. If cards can't be sold for money, how long do you think people are going to want to play PTCGO? It will just became a stale, boring game that people lose interest in.

dec0y

If cards can't be sold for money, how long do you think people are going to want to play PTCGO?

While I understand the frustration here I just feel like I need to be a voice of reason here...

There is no reason to make a digital card worth anything more than a fun time. Unlike your real cards, which you can protect in sleeves and cases, digital cards are bound to be erased. What happens in a few years when there becomes a new incentive to trading the real deal rather than the online stuff? Then this game will fade away and all that money you invested into those fake cards will be gone.

There's really no reason to put so much of your money and emotions into this online game. I understand the frustration of thinking, "Cool! I can finally play this game with other people!" and then you find that it's not that easy. But sometimes in life you have to let the man in charge (Nintendo) have the final say.

If you don't like it, just move on with your life and learn from the experience.

I still believe this game will be fun with the gems because there's also no good reason to believe that all gems will be good for is avatar items (especially considering nobody can see more of your avatar than from the belly button up). If gems aren't for more than that then you should probably take that as a sign that Pokemon isn't taking this game seriously, and you shouldn't either...

Flavor

I came to the party late, and I only meant to read people's reactions. I have mostly stayed away from the online game, because I have no interest in spending my time trading to build a deck. Even the proposed gem system seems like an unnecessary level of abstraction to me. I could pay money for gems which I could trade for cards? No, I don't want to trade.

I want to play. In real life, when I want to play, I need to build a competitive deck. To do that, I do not buy packs and hope that the random cards I receive will fit into my desired deck. I buy singles from people who already opened the random packs. Why can I not do this with the online game? As it stands now, the online game is a waste of my time.

<sub>.</sub>

My main reason for posting, though, is to address this piece of Prof_Snow's initial post here.

Is this really contained in the same post that's explaining why Pokemon is disallowing outside sales? If it's all at the user's own risk, then why are you stopping them? If I, as a user, want to take the risk of buying cards, then let me take the risk. If I, as a user, want to take the risk of selling cards, then let me take the risk.

What if I had bought pack for the sole purpose of obtaining online codes. Then, I traded my virtual packs for the cards I needed to build my virtual deck. Then, there was a DB wipe. How is that better than if I had saved my time and effort and just bought virtual singles?

I'll tell you how it's better. It's better for Pokemon to cover their a__. In the case of using codes, they can always revert to giving me my initial investment (codes) back and claim that they provided the user with what the user paid for. Forget about all the time spent trading for singles. They never claimed that your time was worth anything to them. They only claimed your money was worth something.

They aren't protecting the users, as they claim. They are protecting themselves. It's not a bad move to protect themselves, but they shouldn't hide behind the veil of protecting users.

Prof_Snow's claim is that, since it's a beta, people should be wary about investing their money and time into obtaining and selling singles. That makes sense. So, why not advertise that as the reason for prohibiting online sales? If this is a valid point, then after the beta version is done, then the stable version of the game would allow for outside sales/purchases of virtual cards, right? Well, sadly, that seems to not be the case.

Please don't hide behind the idea of protecting the users when the company is what is being protected. Please don't hide behind the idea of protecting the users while also saying that these things are at the user's own risk.

Nessie123

I think some people are missing the big picture here. Pokemon's goal should not be to let eBay sellers make a quick buck. I fail to see how that would grow the game. Yes, I agree that using gems to purchase avatar accessories isn't a good idea unless this game is being geared towards kids 7 and under. However, accessories weren't the only thing mentioned in the original post which you can purchase with gems. Cards were also mentioned. Ultimately, Pokemon's goal should be

• to allow gems to purchase cards and entry into tournaments. The tournaments should have real-life prizes that can either be shipped to players, or maybe boost your rating for a Worlds invite. That would ensure gems have real value.

The incentives so far for playing PTCGO rather than the other third party programs are:

• it's prettier - You can actually zoom in on a card to see its stats.
  • It's impossible to break the rules - No arguing about stuff like "You already retreated this turn!" or "Defender doesn't prevent Zekrom's self-damage like that!"
  • Eventually you'll be able to play against people any time you want if we can get enough demand for this game. The ranking system should ensure you play someone who's similarly skilled to you.

Blarger, I like your idea of a Gem store.

ChaosJim

What started out as a few things quickly became many...

When making a post, if you believe you're the sole voice of reason in the entire thread, recognize that is an off base starting point.

If you want to talk about your opinion of the Japanese business attitude toward Pokémon, please cite a source. You could be absolutely right, but you come off as extreme and making assumptions.

I think it is really important that people have been expressing their concerns and hopes for Gems. The ability to monetize them seems key, and that can happen in one of two ways: being able to turn them into actual cash, or being able to trade them in for product. Being able to trade in Gems or Tokens for high demand items (meaning, very liquid assets) would be great, something many players would welcome. I want to caution people about making assumptions with the Gem system. I don't think it will be perfect, but I also don't think they're looking to put it to us. Gems should only exist however, if they solve a problem with the game that exists right now.

I bought more Emerging Powers than I otherwise would have because it was my chance to get codes. I chose to give Pokémon my money for boosters instead of trying to buy the codes from other sources. Just because that was the choice I made, doesn't mean I believe it is the choice that everyone should be corralled into making.

For some players, they can only really enjoy the Pokémon Trading Card Game via the internet due to geographic concerns. For these players having some kind of secondary market is so important. The trading card game doesn't have distributors everywhere (like the Caribbean), which would mean players there would need to get cards shipped to them, and then they would have nearly no one to play against. With the selling of digital cards unprohibited, these players would be able to join the globalized PTCGO community without getting mired in shipping and handling charges.

We've heard them speaking to the idea of letting you choose your opponents soon. Right now, only top players who have ALREADY invested in the game will probably continue to use PTCGO once that happens. Ness, Pooka, Truk, Seena, and myself, to name a few, could get in more enjoyable games against people we know at a more relevant skill level right now than playing on PTCGO. We have years' worth of social ties to other top players. New players get the chance to play against some of the ALL TIME GREATS as it stands right now. Given that these same great players are getting the short end of the stick in terms of return on their time, they're making an investment that really helps Pokémon, and they don't mind. Those of us who have been playing for years really love this game. The idea that wanting a return on our time or monetary investment means we're selfish or disinterested in the game's best interest is incredibly narrow.

If the only motivation that exists is a selfish one to have people be able to sell online cards for real world things (like trading for physical cards or cash), try to consider what that ACTUALLY means for Pokémon. Retailers like Troll & Toad or ProfessorOak.com are motivated to open more packs. This could mean more packs sold. Maybe they're just opening the packs they would later end up liquidating though. They still will have more physical cards to sell, bringing down prices of real world cards. The lowered price of real world cards will attract more players. If you're incredulous, I got someone to start playing the TCG this weekend when they found out that a competitive deck could cost them under $200, and they weren't used to that given the game they used to play. More players is good for business. Even if the amount of money earned stays the same in the short term, these people having a positive interaction with Pokémon and relaying that word of mouth is advertising. The positive experience that most players enjoy is better advertising than Pokémon could buy.

dalee78

I agree with most others here that there should be a secondary market. BUT I think that the fact that PTCGO is still in Beta is a legitimate reason not to have one yet. The Profs have stated that there is no plan to do a full wipe, but they are always careful to say that it is a possibility. If they have to do a wipe, it will be a major inconvenience for all of us, BUT at least they will be able to credit everyone's accounts fairly, based on how many booster codes have been redeemed, because PTCGO is a closed system. If people trade virtual cards for cash in the outside world, then PTCGO has no way to account for that in the event of a wipe.

On the other hand, I completely agree with aatwotson about the gems: There is no way that people will start using gems as a currency unless they can be used to buy things that people actually WANT. And in case it isn't painfully obvious by now, there isn't much that players want besides cards. As for why PTCGO doesn't seem to want to allow the purchase of booster packs, that is the burning question. I can only speculate that they are afraid (incorrectly, I think) that it might cannibalize the sales of actual cards.

SYFSEKKOUM

I've played this game for what i consider to be the majority of my adult life now, and have seen the implementation of many different policy/rule changes. I think I can safely say this seems like its gonna be a bad one. Its sad too, because there was such promise with the PTCGO, and I feel this will really hinder its success.

Having read the majority of this thread, i'm pretty bemused that anyone can effectively argue from an 'agreement with this policy' standpoint. Those who think they can, have probably invested very little time and money, in which case this effects them in no way at all. Fulop/Inch both raised numerous issues, that validate the necessity of being able to sell/trade digital cards (which I won't bother repeating), which far out way the pretty irrelevant points highlighted to offer its validation.

I pretty much only use the PTCGO to play and keep in contact with international players, my younger brother spent a lot of time helping me trade for the cards i needed, so I know very little about how the acquisition of cards works. I do know that it is VERY time consuming. I know many people that have invested a lot of time, money and effort into this, in hopes that it would thrive as the TCG itself has. This isn't fair to them, please do something about it.

Sami

[Edited by: Prof. Snow] Please do not give out your personal information in forums or chat, thank you!

umbreon_espeon99

That fact that I could get BANNED for trading virtual trading cards is absolutely ridiculous. As most everyone has already stated, in no way is the act of trading damaging the Pokemon company or their profits. Has a point really been reached where an innocent act such as trading a virtual Zekrom for a friend's actual VIleplume can yield a banning from the PTCGO? A banning, for TRADING Pokemon TRADING cards. Why should it matter if they are virtual or not? If I am not allowed to do this, it is possible that I will not be able to finish the deck I want to use. Thus, my motivation for constantly playing online decreases.

As far as gems go, give me a break. It's not even a legitimate concept. Just because this is a children's card game doesn't mean we're all children.

dec0y

lol the, "this is a kid's game but I'm not a kid so change your rules" argument doesn't just seem absurd to me does it? just because you treat a children's game like a grown up's game doesn't mean it is one.

that's really not even a reason to be for or against gems anyways, so I'll leave that topic where it is.

I really wanted to address the concerns about getting a return on your investment. I believe that is expected to come with tournaments. from what I understand, they will cost gems and rewards for winning will be pretty nice. unfortunately, I don't know if that really fixes the problem. many people are looking for a way for PTCGO cards to be worth tangible money, but is that necessary for the game to be fun?

I've collected comic books for roughly 20 years now and I recently got into digital comics. collecting digital comics is much like PTCGO. you buy the comic and read it. you can keep it to read whenever you want. the only thing is that you can't trade it will NEVER be worth what the physical copies are worth because you can't hold it. they're just as much fun to read as the real thing but you can't go to a convention and expect to sell your digital copy of action comics #1. it has no value because there is no condition to measure among many other reasons.

while one digital card may be more rare than another there's an endless supply of them meaning there is no actual rarity attached to any of these cards. because of this they really don't have any value. unlike a 1st edition Charizard, which was printed a set number of times, there's not a similar stat to add value to your Yanmega or FA Zekrom.

if the value of the card makes the game fun then stick to the real deal. if using the resources you have to make a good deck to play at anytime with anyone is what makes the game fun, then play the game the way it's designed. there's no need and no reason to create some sort of cash exchange for the PTCGO.

JasonKlaczynski

Wrong. Of course your comics have value. I'm sure you paid something for them.

Wrong. There are a set number of online booster packs just as there are boosters in real life: One online booster per real booster. The only way to obtain virtual boosters is from a code. The only way to obtain a code is by a booster first being opened by you or someone else.

Wrong. I count about 7 pages of reasons - and you don't have to create it, anyway. It's already there because there's supply and demand. PTCGO is simply telling us that they aren't allowing it.

Are you done trolling the thread yet?

TBurrows9730

Wrong. I count about 7 pages of reasons - and you don't have to create it, anyway. It's already there because there's supply and demand. PTCGO is simply telling us that they aren't allowing it.

Does it count if only a hand full of people are creating the 7 pages? No

How many people does this effect. 0.1% of the users at best.

How many people could be negativaly effected 10% or more by receiving bad deals

How much money could a single person make on the secondary market? a few thousand.

Will that make this game a success or failure? No

Can this policy be changed in the future? Yes - and going from No to Yes is better then going from Yes to No.

Why is a seondary market needed? Trading here is so much easier then real life.

Is the game finished? No this is the BETA. We have tons of feature and process that are to be finished. That may or may not address all of your issues.

In the end it is better to not let a genie out of the bottle until your are ready for your wishes.

shpanda

I don't really see how a secondary market isn't good for the game. If one wants to play something other than basic yellow, then they are going to need to have cards. Well there are three ways to get around this in the real world; trading. open packs, or buy singles. If you are new to the game or are a returning player but you don't have a ton of money to buy packs it is much cheaper for you to buy the singles you need for your deck. Atleast then you have something to play with while you amass enough cards to actually trade. Or what happens when a card is so highly in demand that it is litterally impossible to trade for? Should that person be forced to open 30 packs in the hopes of getting one with no guarantee. Even if that person did open one copy of it, well congrats, now you need 2-3 more so have fun getting 60-90 more packs with no guarantee of you getting what you want. A secondary market is needed for any player who wants to be competetive. Why disallow something that enables players the option to play the decks that they want to play?

ryancvergel

I was just curious about one thing...

Why is the physical equivalent of this, selling/trading aftermarket cards pulled from physical booster packs not treated with the same policy?

How is it that we have vendors at nationals, PTOs who sell after market singles/ product in stores they own, trading at league, while anyone else is not allowed to do the digital equivalent? We can trade a physical card for digital card, but the opposite cannot be done. We can sell a pack aftermarket, but not a digital pack. We can sell a card aftermarket, but not a digital one. This doesn't really make sense to me.

One can sell a physical card on eBay but not the digital card? (and I don't care about eBay's policy, this is used as an example)

If the reasoning is that someone is making money, etc. off of the licensed/copyrighted brand, then I ask again why individuals are <strike>allowed</strike> encouraged to sell aftermarket cards by allowing vendors to sell and buy at Nationals and the like.

---

Aside from my concern over this inconsistency in policy is my concern over possibly investing time and money into a system that is inherently designed to yield no physical results. Without the ability to redeem time and money invested into the system with physical counterparts, it becomes clear that this is a mere scheme or ploy to have dedicated TCG players dump money into something they can never really see a return on. Clever, I will grant, but fair to this loyal customer and fan base? Probably not. You can never sell your digital acquirings, and more, you have to use a poor system to trade and collect, instead of having a TRUE standard or backing. The mere fact is that the backing of the gem is in custom avatars- something entirely useless. No one will trade for gems, just as no one will buy magical beans outside of a clefairy tale.

It doesn't take an economics major to figure out what happens to a new currency that has a wildly unstable and absurd backing. This is doomed to failure. I just hope that more people don't have to lose money before this lesson is made clear.

A great point that has been brought up is that the lack of transparency will create a black market where people will be more easily ripped off. At least with the safety of transparent selling on a market like eBay (but not necessarily eBay; even the Pokegym allows certain users to sell cards amongst themselves in a secure arena), the risk of a black market is mitigated. The players will have no alternative to a poor currency though, so they will use cash in a black market.

--

To summarize my view:

1. The policy is inconsistent with Pokemon's actual practices.

2. The system proposes to create a new currency, but this will definitely fail as it is based flawed reasoning.

3. The system is therefore left with nothing but a doomed venture and a black market alternative where people will seek to go around the system and have a more reliable and direct way to acquire what they want but with higher risks involved.

4. There is no incentive for me to invest my time or money, as not only am I unable to have something physical to show for my adventure online, but my adventure online is now more annoying, unsafe, and tedious?

5. The policy is flawed and needs to be changed if you want success in this online game.

May as well put my name on this, as I hate to hide behind a mask of anonymity when it comes to a belief I hold.

-Ryan

[Edited by: Prof. Snow] Please do not give out your personal information in forums or chat, thank you!

PokeTraderOak

Hi,

Professor-Oak.com never sold codes. The site did sell online digital cards (actually, just the promise to make the trades) but has discontinued this when it learned of the prohibition.

Criminal

My biggest concern is that it's going to be nearly impossible for PTCGO to become a competitive platform for the Pokemon TCG. The number of players who will be able to build multiple competitive decks will be very limited because of the lack of a singles market outside of trading... and even trading has very strict limitations.

Make no mistake, PTCGO has the potential to help TPCI grow the game immensely, but the company needs to allow Pokemon TCG Online to grow just like any other trading card game. That means allowing singles to flow more easily. A player needs to be able to jump headfirst into the game, much like they'd be doing should this be any other trading card game, or even the non-digital version of PTCG.

Currently, if someone were to want to start playing good decks on PTCGO they would need to either buy many, many single code cards, or many, many booster boxes. They'd then redeem these codes and trade endlessly, hoping they have enough to complete one good deck, let alone multiple decks. Compare this to the ability to jump into the real life version of Pokemon TCG and there's no contest. One can easily purchase singles off of countless sources, or, if they'd like, trade away their Yugioh or Magic collection to someone else for Pokemon singles. It's really unfortunate that they don't even allow this on PTCGO, and quite honestly, it feels like a poor business decision. Hopefully it gets rectified.

JasonKlaczynski

These current terms will actually suspend your account if you traded one of your virtual cards for a PTCGO Code Card.

No, I'm not kidding.

inchy5000

These current terms would actualy suspend your account if you traded one of your virtual cards for a PTCGO Code Card.

No, I'm not kidding.

is this actually true??

TBurrows9730

It is way easier to get competitive decks here then in real life. The number of people on-line is world wide not just your local leagues. I have a collection on-line that is three times larger then my real life card set. I also support myself and three other players. My hope is that it will be easier for us to share here.

Also we will have some way to get booster here in the future. The Tournaments gave use boosters. Players did not want to work with the system so it got broken due to people disconnecting and had to be taken down.

Give the site a change to at least get out of BETA before declaring the end of the is good and right in the world.

JAnnichiarico

Haven't gotten around to posting my opinion on this issue, but here I go.

It is completely asinine to tell players what they can and cannot do with their property. If you buy a booster pack, then anything that comes in that booster pack is yours to do with as you please. That includes the code card and whatever comes with said code card. When you enter that code in, that booster credit is your property. When you get a virtual pack with that booster credit, that booster pack is yours. If you decide to open that pack, whatever comes in that virtual pack is your property. It can be argued that it is all PTCGO's property, but in my opinion, if you pay to buy and own something, it is your property. You aren't renting from PTCGO, it says specifically on each code card "log on and use this code to GET an aditional booster pack with 10 additional cards." Notice how it says "get". If it is still PTCGO's property, it should say "rent" instead of "get"

It is unconstitutional to restrict free enterprise. And that is what the people in charge of PTCGO are trying to do. If a guy wants to take the risk of buying tons of codes to acquire large amounts of cards on PTCGO, he should be allowed to follow through and try to profit from it. Whether or not he fails, pokemon still made money off of every code he acquired, because they all came from Booster packs.

Also, if they think they will be able to successfully control what transactions go on with this game, they are out of their mind. I already know of several ways that this system can be broken, by making these restrictions you are just making it harder for the paying customers that are trying to get their money's worth.