looking for tips @ public offer trading

Govnah

I really suck at the trading aspect of this game, and every time i need a card i feel like i have to get swindled for it. I would love to get some good trading tips from the community!! <3

Tbh, usually if you are fair you'll get what you want with time. Unless you want something imediatly, someone will give you what you want for a fair price.

Then again, there are a FEW cards that are valued over others such as most primes, legends.

Of course all commons are in the same class

Uncommons there are a few that are worth more.

Oh yea, and always try to trade people personally. Public trade everyones always trying to rip someone off.

I'd rather tell you "Don't ever trade with people's whos names begin with L that arn't Lilen" but yea. Just watch out in Public, it's a big rip off fest.

Pretty much just be paitent and know what your cards are worth.

how do I know what the trade value of my cards are? I've been going by ebay prices to determine that, is there a better way?

This is personal, they mean public offers in the game client which are always rip offs, just ask gotaway who always offers more in this forum than they do for their cards in public trades.

Outside sites don't really dictate our economy here, since our currency for the time being is packs. If someone is asking for a bunch of packs it may be becuase that card if worth a lot (like Yanmega), or it may be becuase they are trying to take advantage of you. Hang around the trading boards and the trading topic (in the gameroom chat) for a few days and you'll start to see how things are valued here. Once you know that Reshiram is worth 2-3 packs, you'll know to turn down the offer from the guy who's trying to get 5 for his.

Again, check out the trading corner (or whatever it's called) in the game chat, even if you're just lurking for awhile. You'll be able to see how things are valued, who will make reasonable offers, and who won't. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

To be a success in Public Trading, you should make your own trades and look for others. Stock up on popular cards that are fairly availible - like Energy Search, Junk Arm, or Professor Elm's Training Method. Also, you can trade slowly, by trading up - here's an example:

-

Have: Oshawott Want: Samurott (people probably won't accept the trade directly)

1. Oshawott traded for Energy Search (A useful but common card)

2. Energy Search traded for Dewott (Dewott's fairly easy to get and Energy Search is pretty effective in a Deck)

3. Dewott for Junk Arm (Junk Arm is an uncommon, so it's not too hard to obtain)

4. Junk Arm for Samurott (Junk Arm is a good playble, and the theme deck Samurott is guaranteed in a... theme deck)

-

Also, use messages. Advertise your offered card and mention things like Foil or a notable move.

do more researches, look at more threads

go to accept the public trade after you really know the price

If deal is really too good, maybe it's complete rip off to you. (yanmega p for lanturn p) - clearly it's ur yanmega p for people's lanturn p

Archived