Help... I restarted again!!!

Larxa

Okay, I've restarted my Soul Silver for the bazillionth time and I'm having trouble coming up with a team. I have no idea of who to add now... here is who I have:

Chikorita

Ponyta

I'm thinking about having Lugia, becasue the only legendary I've ever used was Mewtwo in Fire Red. Is Lugia a good Pokemon? And what other members should be on my team?

Okay, I've restarted my Soul Silver for the bazillionth time and I'm having trouble coming up with a team. I have no idea of who to add now... here is who I have:

Chikorita

Ponyta what ever butt hole

I'm thinking about having Lugia, becasue the only legendary I've ever used was Mewtwo in Fire Red. Is Lugia a good Pokemon? And what other members should be on my team?

ok first of all i'll answer your question about lugia:

ok it is good, i only used a Typlosion and a lugia to complete thewhole game so yes lugia is a good pokemon.

ok so far we have chikorita, ponyta and lugia, three more spots left.

first i'll just say that i think you shouuld replace ponyta with vulpix but thats your choice.

i recomend a noctowl for fly and it's a decent flying type

the red gyarados would be a good pokemon to keep in your party and i'd also sugest a ground tyoe to cover electric weakness.

Hope I helped!

• 3 weeks later...

I think that you should consider short-term and long-term goals when selecting Pokémon for your team. If you have not finalized your team yet, you may want to consider these questions:

How many legendary Pokémon would you like to see on your team?

Will you create a specific theme for your team or will it be more ecletic?

How important is it to have Pokémon that know a variety of HM techniques (ideally, how often do you want to use the PC storage system to rotate Pokémon into your team that know HM moves)?

Are you planning to become competitive for tournaments or do you just want a fun in-game team?

How much time will you be willing to spend in raising the members on your team (the higher the desired level, the more time you will need to invest training)?

Do you plan on using the Day Care Center's services to raise your Pokémon (this will require varying amounts of time and Poké Dollars depending on the level you desire)?

Do you have a favorite move (if so, will you be able to find a Pokémon that can learn it)?

For double battles, what types of combos do you want to achieve?

I hope this helps! Let us know how your team ends up. I'm sure you'll have a great team. :)

Really, almost any Pokemon can be fun to use in-game. Just use your favorites to plow through the game. My last playthrough, I decided to use Shuckle and Dunsparce just because they're awesome. Granted, playing a stall game with Shuckle became tedious at times (stalling gyms until they were out of PP and making them stuggle themselves to death xd), but hey, it's all good since Shuckle's a boss.

Make sure to take advantage of trading in Pokemon from prievious games and trading Pokemon with other people!

One trick is to have great Pokemon in older games and to trade up generation to generation.

Archived