Favorite card generation!

JaaTech

Hello, i prefer the pokemon cards from the first generation cause they just are cool, the feelings they have with them are amazing, just thinking about it was around the time pokemon came out =).

The newest generations are cool and strong cards but i still prefer the oldest cards, generation one! =))

What's your choice and why? =))

JaaTech

basically i prefer the older cards and as such i will list my favourite sets in order of appearence...

Classic sets (which includes Base, Jungle, fossil and Team Rocket)

Neo sets (Genesis, Discovery, Revolations and destiny)

Ex legend Maker

Ex Crystal Guardians

Platinum Supreme victors

Triumpant

and call of legends

i can still remember back in 1999 stopping buy my local convience store before school to find out some yobs had broken into the shop to steal only Pokemon Cards.

they didn't even rob the tills. :?

and that card shops where selling Charizard for £50-£100

then i get it in £2.50 booster pack in the store itself and i'm like "HAAA!!!!"

=D m8, when i see to the first cards it brings up memories, don't you think?

Remember those first series of pokémon? Back then it was just a serie but now it evolved all over the world lol, when you put on yer radio with the johto song and one from the first videos you allmost cry lol, it's just so beautifull! =P

Yeah, I like the original set and jungle set too, maybe a bit later too, it was fun back then because there were a lot of pokemon that were unbalanced, but not so unbalanced that it was unfair, but the cards had more character back then. As far as I've seen now with the trainer's challenge, most basic pokemon are identical with a few variations.

• There are the 60 hp pokemon with a 1 energy 10 hp attack, and a 2 energy 20 hp attack, like Chikorita and Cyndaquil
  • There are the 40 and 30 hp pokemon with a 1 energy 20 hp or effect attack, Like Rattata and Caterpie
  • There are the 50-60 hp pokemon with a 2 energy 20 damage and/or special condition attack like Jigglypuff
  • There are the pokemon like Squirtle and Growlithe with a 1 energy 10 damage attack, then a 3 energy 40 damage attack.

There are also the pokemon that have more hp than the norm, like Magmar. And there's also Onix, that takes a beating, and can devestate without evolving, but other than that, they all seem to fall into those categories. The evolve forms are when the cards actually have moves and builds that give them some personality, and that is where the game gets fun, but it's kind of boring before any of your pokemon evolve. It's like two random 60 hp pokemon fighting eachother with identical attacks; the player that won the coin flip or has the type advantage is going to win the battle, unless you have something you can do about it, like a trainer card or an evolution.

In the original release the pokemon had much more personality, it seemed, and the evolutions were just as fun as ever. I think pokemon went too far out of it's way to make sure the pokemon were balanced, and forgot a little about the fun factor.

I would have to say, as far as the cards go forst generation is the best, as far as the actual pokemon and games, its third gen all the way

I would have to say, as far as the cards go forst generation is the best, as far as the actual pokemon and games, its third gen all the way

angry_smile.png

I see here that lot of people here like base set. I too also like base set the best since it's the original and first. Oh but my next fav. set has to be fossil witch is a close second because my second fav. pokemon (though my first back then :D ) gengar came out.

I see here that lot of people here like base set. I too also like base set the best since it's the original and first. Oh but my next fav. set has to be fossil witch is a close second because my second fat. pokemon (though my first back then :D ) gengar came out.

Your favorite Pokémon is Gengar or am i wrong? =P

Mine is too lol! =)

JaaTech

angry_smile.png

Indeed lol!

Base set the best! =D

But this is a thread for everyone to say its oppinion, so... =)

JaaTech

I see here that lot of people here like base set. I too also like base set the best since it's the original and first. Oh but my next fav. set has to be fossil witch is a close second because my second fav. pokemon (though my first back then :D ) gengar came out.

Mine is too lol! =)

JaaTech

What I was saying that gengar is my second fav. pokemon now, but it was my first favorite pokemon back in base set since umbreon did not exsisit then.

angry_smile.png

Indeed lol!

Base set the best! =D

But this is a thread for everyone to say its oppinion, so... =)

JaaTech

I know, that's why I was disagreeing. The third generation was when I stopped paying attention to pokemon because I didn't like ths show as much, or the pokemon as much. If you've seen me talk about the show before, you know that I think that the transition from Johto to Hoenn was stupid. I liked the pokemon Ash had, but they had to hurry them out of the spotlight so they could usher in a new generation of worse, more uninspired pokemon.

Mine is too lol! =)

JaaTech

What I was saying that gengar is my second fav. pokemon now, but it was my first favorite pokemon back in base set since umbreon did not exsisit then.

I always found it hard to choose a favorite pokemon. I don't know why. I like some more than others, and I like some less than others, but it's hard to rank them. Most of the Eeveelutions would probably be up there somewhere, I like them. At least until Leafeon and Glaceon, because Leafeon is such a stretch; I can't help but think that they are going to make Steeleon Ghosteon and Dragoneon when they run out of ideas again.

But yeah, there are so many awesome pokemon, that it's hard to just choose a handful to latch on. I want them all! (Perhaps I was too easy to market to as a kid.)

Archived