[GAMEPLAY] GRI Garbodor and CIN Regigigas not being legal in tournaments

Tgurneu

Any of these two cards being added to a deck make it unable to be used in Standard Tournaments... It talks about cards becoming legal 3 weeks after release, which is weird since these cards have been around for almost 12 and 6 months, respectively.

I notice they are the two cards getting reprints as alternate type promos, being given with Forbidden Light blisters... Maybe those new cards got mistakenly marked as non-legal-yet, and due to having similar set numbers also caught the old cards?

Both of these cards are Standard Legal, and should work just fine in all decks.

I think your problem may be elsewhere.  In Deck Manager, in the upper right corner, there's an "info symbol."  If you check there, it will tell you (in each format) where the problem cards are.

EDIT:  I posted this in the groggy early morning hours, before coffee, and before taking time to actually test it myself.  Even though they show fine in Deck Manager, @OP is right about them not working in Standard Events.

Edited by RobRatt

Above poster may be wrong in the event the prints you tried to use are their Forbidden Light blister promos. Are they?

If yes, then your answer is: For now, those alt-art prints are not tourney-legal, but they will be tourney-legal come the time when Forbidden Light is released officially on May 4th, or the 3rd in case of the european/asian/eastern Atlantic ocean time zone factor, as May 4th for them comes earlier than May 4th for those on the west side of the atlantic ocean, as those prints are classified as alt-art reprints of a card that's already tourney-legal... 

^ If they were totally new, then they would be tourney-legal two Fridays after set release... But I doubt that's the case, as their initial print came 2-4 main sets ago, with Crimson Invasion being the main set released before the previous main set to Forbidden Light: Ultra Prism, while Guardians Rising was the main set released as the fourth main set before Forbidden Light... And since the gap between one set release to another is three months, those cards are not totally new. I hope that's your answer!

Edited by Jammer87

Above poster may be wrong in the event the prints you tried to use are their Forbidden Light blister promos. Are they?

Things may be different after the set release on May 4th, but there are NOT any alternate blister promos in the game yet.  You can verify by checking "Show Not Owned."  He cannot have those in a deck ATM.

But he is right, that you cannot enter a Standard Event with the Set Versions of these cards in your deck.  I tried both of them separately, and even though they show fine in Deck Manager, they have the red "not allowed" symbol in Events.

Edited by RobRatt