Rika (trainer challenge) has a Reshiram and a Charizard.

Jonaman

Hey,

A couple of minutes ago i played against Rika in the Trainer Challenge with my Toxic Tricks Deck in the City Championship (i think it was round 4) (i play on hard, because i wanna become a "pokémon-master" lol) first card she plays is a Reshiram i was quite suprised she had that one at the same time she plays charmander and before I relized couple of cards later she evolve her charmeleon in to charizard and on that moment i was like "You've gotta to be kinding me" because i didn't really had luck with my cards so basically i got my ass kicked (lol).

• Question 1: is she the only one that has a Reshiram in Trainer Challenge or do other trainers have one too?
  • Question 2: How come she can have a Charizard and we (i) can't (Charizard is one of my favorite pokémons of all-time)?

-Jona

Yeah, Rika and Daniel use vastly overpowered decks. Reshiram/Zekrom, Primes (Daniel even used 2x Donphan Prime (in additional to 2x normal Donphan), good luck beating those without too much losses using the decks available!), Pokemon Collectors (to ensure you'll see Resh/Zek), etcetera. Fortunately, Otis isn't that bad (fewer Primes and no Resh/Zek for instance), but he also has things that set him apart.

I've never seen Rika use the Charmander line though, you're sure you're not talking about users of the Fire/Lightning deck? And I can't believe you've never seen any other cards we can't use. Never, for instance, saw the Machop line used in the Trainer Challenge? But it doesn't matter anyway, as we don't have full access to our cardpool, so even cards in the regular cardpool (like Lucario) are "cards we can't use".

Thanks for your reply and the info I really appriciate it.

I think because i am a Charizard fan it's the first time i really noticed does cards that the AI only uses and we can't. And for the other part of your reply if it's Rika or Grayson (Fire/Electric) doesn't really matter (I could be wrong who it was) but still i was quite suprised with the cards the AI played.

-Jona

lol I laughed pretty hard when I first fought them, the guy whipped out multiple Zekroms and my first time playing was just "OH COME ON WHAT ARE THOSE BROKEN THINGS!?"

Then yeah I saw the Charizard and that we can't use it and was sad. I wish they'd bring back older generations later, not that much of a fan of the newer cards and generations but bring back the old ones and my wallet is yours.

Archived