[GENERAL] Other - Made a Mistake in a Trade

DaBadBoss

I accidentally posted wrong things in give and get categories. Please help me get my cards back! Trade was taken immediately and I was gonna undo! Literally under 10 seconds I get error saying I can't rescind trade! I know I can't post their username here, so I need support to message me for their username or look at my recent trades involving Dowsing Machine and Tapu Lele Gx. They refuse to trade back!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I hate when that happens! I think it's called "trade sniping"? But there should be an double check feature implemented if you just posted the trade and are still online to prevent this from happening. Any thoughts Mods?

• Upvote 2

I really wish there was :/ Now my cards are basically stolen because someone has a faster pc and was scrolling through trades at the exact moment I posted it. I was trying to remove my trade before they stole from me. I just want my cards back, the trade reversed. 

• Upvote 1

I accidentally posted wrong things in give and get categories. Please help me get my cards back! Trade was taken immediately and I was gonna undo! Literally under 10 seconds I get error saying I can't rescind trade! I know I can't post their username here, so I need support to message me for their username or look at my recent trades involving Dowsing Machine and Tapu Lele Gx. They refuse to trade back!

Hey there!

Sorry to hear that trade didn't go as planned. There is no way for to force a player to trade cards back. I understand the trade was created by mistake, but the best thing to do in the future is to thoroughly check your trades to make sure you understand what you are getting and losing. 

This is unfortunate but no one scammed, there is only yourself to blame here. There is absolutely no reason to rush through adding a trade onto the market. Use this as a learning experience and take an extra 45 seconds to check over your trades before you post them.

Hopefully that will help you avoid making any more big mistakes in the future.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Like Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Learn from the mistakes of others.  You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

It's not a great consolation, but you may have helped someone else avoid the same mistake.  Those extra seconds, looking at the Expanded View (the eyeball button) before you hit the Done button can make a great difference. 

• Upvote 2

Did you know that if I added 45 seconds to my trades on public trades alone, it would average to approximately 1125 seconds per day, or 18.75  extra minutes every single day? I have a full time job, a family, basic necessities to take care of. You'll understand when you get older, but that time adds up quick. There's a simple solution: TPCI can send me the cards i traded for the card i traded for as easily as the can untag glitched cards in my binder. Scammer gets away with taking my cards but in the end I don't lose my cards. TPCI can then utilize my suggestion to improve how public trades work. If anyone posts anything and it's immediately taken (within lets say 30 seconds) and the user who posted the card is still online, they can reject the trade. Or even 30 seconds after creating a trade, it sits to be posted for the next 30 seconds for the user to review the post, and eventually confirm, deny or let it pass through after 30 seconds. You can review private trades in this manner, why not public trades?

Like Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Learn from the mistakes of others.  You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

It's not a great consolation, but you may have helped someone else avoid the same mistake.  Those extra seconds, looking at the Expanded View (the eyeball button) before you hit the Done button can make a great difference. 

Not good enough if I'm punished for it

You'll understand when you get older...

You're obviously very hurt and angry.  This must have been a really bad trade.

So, while trying to cheap shot someone in Public trading, it backfired?  And you want a do-over?

• Upvote 1

You're obviously very hurt and angry.  This must have been a really bad trade.

So, while trying to cheap shot someone in Public trading, it backfired?  And you want a do-over?

it was twice the value of what I got, maybe more. 20+ packs worth of gri in their favor. and i want to be able to review my trades when I post them like you do in private trades. not my fault some kid's parents got them a $1500 + pc and bots and scripts to scroll to 8 min mark before i can rescind trade that i immediately recognized wasnt what i meant to put

• Downvote 1

it was twice the value of what I got, maybe more. 20+ packs worth of gri in their favor. and i want to be able to review my trades when I post them like you do in private trades. not my fault some kid's parents got them a $1500 + pc and bots and scripts to scroll to 8 min mark before i can rescind trade that i immediately recognized wasnt what i meant to put

Incredible self-own! Sounds like you were hoping to scam some poor inattentive or uninformed soul out of their Lele in exchange for a Dowsing Machine, but your greed backfired on you. You can cry foul all you want but imo you got your just deserts! 

• Upvote 2

Incredible self-own! Sounds like you were hoping to scam some poor inattentive or uninformed soul out of their Lele in exchange for a Dowsing Machine, but your greed backfired on you. You can cry foul all you want but imo you got your just deserts! 

I was posting 2 dowsing for 1 lele gx ra or 5 dowsing for 2 lele gx ra. theyre close in value and or favorable for whoevers getting dowsing machine according to forum prices

• Downvote 1