Mew EX

Bluefgs85

Hi guys.

So I was playing a Mew EX vs Emploeon.....which has the first attack x20 all benched Pokémon for 1W and 1C. However, my Mew EX with two fighting energy on would not activate the attack but would activate all the other attacks. Is there something wrong or am I missing something?

Many thanks

Blue

Mew EX requires that you still need the required energy to attack. Total Command costs 1 water and 1 colorless, but your Mew EX only has fighting energy. Thus, it can't use Total Command.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To copy an opponent's attacks, without having his Energy requirements, you'll need to look at cards like Mega Gengar EX, Mimikyu (situationally), Foul Play Zoroark (active), Zoroark Break (active), or the GX attack of Zoroark GX.  There might be others too, but those come to mind.

Edited by RobRatt

Ok, thanks. So if I play Mew EX, and my opponent has Solgaleo EX, plays Sunsteel Strike for 230 and 2M1C, knocks out my PKM my Mew EX comes in with 3 (F) energy attached and all of a sudden I can't hit back for Sunsteel Strike but I can hit for Knuckle Impact?

So the card text on Mew EX is literally the exact ("necessary") energy type and number. NOT just the number of energy?

Ok, thanks. So if I play Mew EX, and my opponent has Solgaleo EX, plays Sunsteel Strike for 230 and 2M1C, knocks out my PKM my Mew EX comes in with 3 (F) energy attached and all of a sudden I can't hit back for Sunsteel Strike but I can hit for Knuckle Impact?

So the card text on Mew EX is literally the exact ("necessary") energy type and number. NOT just the number of energy?

Yes and yes. It has to be EXACTLY the energy cost (type and number)

If you want your mew ex to copy sunsteel strike without metal energy then you need to do as RobRatt suggested by copying Zoroark BREAK/Mimikyu/Sudowoodo/etc's attack, then use that to copy sunsteel strike. 

E.g. Mew EX has one dark energy and copies Zoroark BREAK's foul play to copy the enemy solgaleo's sunsteel strike.

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful replies! For reference, here is the card in question: 

EX12_EN_88.png

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/ex-series/ex12/88/

It wil for sure be the Dragons Exalted's or any of its reprints. EX Legend maker is not a set in the Online.

https://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/img/cards/web/BW6/BW6_EN_46.png

But as per ability effects, Versatile is the same :lol:

• Upvote 3

Ability is Versatile. I’ll recommend using Prism Energy with Mew-EX, attach a few of these and you can copy just about any attack on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

When you build your deck with this card it's also a good idea to include a few Prism/Rainbow Energy cards into your deck as well, to double as the energy types for any enemies you might be facing.