Inactive Players: A Blessing in Disguise or a Curse on the Game?

grriffinn

After playing a few matches in Legacy VS after the loss of tournaments I've noticed that some players just let the game run without making ANY sort of move, giving their opponent the win in a short amount of time (either via knockout or via the "Your opponent was inactive for too long" rule). As someone who want to actually PLAY the game this is very worrying. Is there any way for the TCGO staff combat this issue?

Note: This is is not about people who practice "intentional stalling" during matches to gain the upper hand, that's a different problem and is just bad sportsmanship.

Maybe they just have a very slow computer or bad internet connection, or their firewall isn't properly adjusted.

Or they got a disconnection. It's happening often to me. Happily not a lot of them happened while in play but just when I leave it open in Collection for example and have to go to do something. Then when I come back 20 minutes, sometimes game closed. Or sometimes 1h later it's still open.

Sometimes I feel it's a bit related with peak times but I can't say of course.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful replies! Unfortunately, some players do experience connection issues, which may result in the situation described. If they write in or ask for help on the forums, we can usually offer some tips for troubleshooting the connection.

The reality is there may be many reasons as to why a player may be inactive during a match, including something as simple as being unexpectedly called away from their device.