Dealing With Garchomp/Lucario/Cynthia

Americalover55

Sorry if I sound harsh, but Garchomp/Lucario is an “auto win” deck by your standards? You’ll have a hard time when you see GX everywhere. Nevermind the Tag Team GX cards.

Worse case scenarios, you can always play a Garchomp/Lucario deck yourself, it’s relatively cheap to cobble up using 1000 Tokens and a few UC Chests.

i can handle gx decks decently. To be fait for gx decks my hoppa with its ability help a lot. Also just found out that they made like half my main deck illegal for standard to i have not very good cards to use in it.

I play Garchomp a lot, and I was one of the earliest who developed the modified Mach strike deck. I don't even have Lele in my deck and I still beat mirrors with Lele's. the reason is simple. having played with the deck so much, I know its weaknesses.

let me tell you two:

1. the deck loses its fuel when you kill Lucario. the strength of the deck comes not from Garchomp, but from Lucario having the ability to comb through the deck. your primary goal when fighting a Garchomp/Lucario deck is to kill the Lucarios before Garchomp hits the field.

2. if you can't do that, try to kill the Gible evolution before it turns into Garchomp. Lucario is useless without a Garchomp.

I know it's easier saying it than doing it, but it can be done.

• Upvote 1

I play Garchomp a lot, and I was one of the earliest who developed the modified Mach strike deck. I don't even have Lele in my deck and I still beat mirrors with Lele's. the reason is simple. having played with the deck so much, I know its weaknesses.

let me tell you two:

1. the deck loses its fuel when you kill Lucario. the strength of the deck comes not from Garchomp, but from Lucario having the ability to comb through the deck. your primary goal when fighting a Garchomp/Lucario deck is to kill the Lucarios before Garchomp hits the field.

2. if you can't do that, try to kill the Gible evolution before it turns into Garchomp. Lucario is useless without a Garchomp.

I know it's easier saying it than doing it, but it can be done.

my trouble with the first option is that they are always on the bench so i cant really take them out. The issue i have with the second on is that i do not really have pokemon that can do very much damage in the first 2 or 3 turns unless i get really lucky.

dont have it

If you don't have him, then try to get him. No point complaining that a dragon beat you up when you don't have a sword.

Guzma is useful in any deck. Add 3-4 copies of him in almost every deck.

If you don't have him, then try to get him. No point complaining that a dragon beat you up when you don't have a sword.

Guzma is useful in any deck. Add 3-4 copies of him in almost every deck.

what pack is it in?

Who needs a sword vs dragons when you have a bunch of Gardevoir GX ??  :D  :D

• Upvote 1

Soft targets won’t come off the bench by themselves. There’s a creepy guy named Guzma that’ll get that fixed.

There's another creepy guy named Lysandre with a similar ability, AND you don't have to switch out your active Pokemon like you potentially could with Guzma.

There's another creepy guy named Lysandre with a similar ability, AND you don't have to switch out your active Pokemon like you potentially could with Guzma.

I know, I personally prefer using him. But the guy sounded like he was living in the Standard world, so I recommended Guzma.

Edited by Princess_Aurora
  • Upvote 1

that gardevior deck is another deck i cant beat

Well, you can’t really expect to beat them all. Even decks that are specially created to counter anything have weaknesses: you can only fit 60 cards in your deck, after all.

Sorry bro. What deck did you use? You need to target the Lucario's not the Garchomps. The Lucario let's you search your deck for that 1 cards which will usually be Cynthia. If you didn't know this already. I suggest using a fast set up deck against it(again if that's something you were doing already) If you can stop the Lucario you can win. You could also try something like Seismitoad EX which stops their items which stops their VS Seeker's which stops their Cynthia's. It.really isn't that hard to beat, the deck relies on.Cynthia and Lucario and if you can stop those, you will probably win. Don't know what else to say. I apologize if anybody has told you this already, I am not going to bother to read the other posts on this thread. Good luck out there and have fun!

Edited by WingsofFire1014

So your whole point is that every deck you can’t beat is too overpowered? Is that what you’re saying?

nope. It is only when it is a deck that i can not beat after using multible different decks under multible games per deck and the only advice i get is that i need very specific cards that i have to get really lucky to draw from a pack after grinding enough coins.

Sorry bro. What deck did you use? You need to target the Lucario's not the Garchomps. The Lucario let's you search your deck for that 1 cards which will usually be Cynthia. If you didn't know this already. I suggest using a fast set up deck against it(again if that's something you were doing already) If you can stop the Lucario you can win. You could also try something like Seismitoad EX which stops their items which stops their VS Seeker's which stops their Cynthia's. It.really isn't that hard to beat, the deck relies on.Cynthia and Lucario and if you can stop those, you will probably win. Don't know what else to say. I apologize if anybody has told you this already, I am not going to bother to read the other posts on this thread. Good luck out there and have fun!

i do not have any of these cards. Most of my good cards are now illegal in standard. Right now i am trying out a fair deck but i do not have enough cards to reliably get set up

i do not have any of these cards. Most of my good cards are now illegal in standard. Right now i am trying out a fair deck but i do not have enough cards to reliably get set up

Hey, why not try picking up a Mach Strike deck yourself? "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" principle. Play a few Trainer Challenge matches or some Theme Deck format against other players, see how it works.

Hate my luck. Never really get any good cards out of packs while everyone else has like all gx or just really good cards in general.

Most people don't even get most of their good cards from packs. Cuz drops from packs are horrible 9 times out of 10. Instead, they trade for them.

Or do some... marketing

Most people don't even get most of their good cards from packs. Cuz drops from packs are horrible 9 times out of 10. Instead, they trade for them.

Or do some... marketing

wait you can trade cards? My friend told me you could only trade with packs.

wait you can trade cards? My friend told me you could only trade with packs.

You can trade away your (tradable) packs to get the cards you want. That's what most people do.

You can win tradable packs from winning tourneys or redeeming codes from real-life packs.

Why must all of my decks suck so much. How many of each type should you use?

If you can post one of your decklists, I'm sure we can point out some issues with your deck.