OU7C4ST

Bring Vivid Sleeves/Deck Boxes Back Please!

abinhathbour456

They're currently doing a great job for updates so far, compared to some of the other companies such as Pixonic or Supercell. I admit that getting the cards that you want may be hard in certain cases, but what would be the point of the whole game if there wasn't any challenge?

Here's an example. Have you ever played Minecraft? If you give yourself a big bunch of Diamond Blocks (I've always wondered how these fit in a pocket) and switch into survival mode, you won't have a lot of fun using the Diamond equipment against mobs. But if you played it for a looooong time, and finally find two Diamonds... Even a single Diamond Sword can be pleasant to wield.

Or another example: if the most useful items in an entire game can be obtained within 15 minutes of registration, everyone will be using them and there's going to be a royal pain in the neck meta going on. What happens if everyone gets Zoroark-GX or Gardevoir-GX? You'll see them everywhere, and people will have nightmares about them.

My point is, if people want to enjoy the equipment they use, they need to earn it. The harder, the better. But when it's too hard, the whole thing loses it's point.

But that doesn't justify some fluffheads who hog 45 Computer Searches. That's right, the guy had FOURTY-FIVE Computer Searches. That's enough computers to effectuate a corporate-sized DDoS attack on something. What in the world was he doing with 45 CS, you may ask? Simple. He was having fun playing Wall Street man. And when it crashed, he got what he had coming for him.

And for the chat canning, I understand why they made it. I'm a moderator on a wikia for a game called "War Robots", and believe me, even in casual wiki discussions, there are ***** who just spam useless stuff or straight-out ask new users inappropriate things. I can't say that I appreciate them canning the chat, but I understand it. Moderators are mostly volunteers that have lives of their own, and they don't always have the time to deal with chat messes or floods. Plus, some of it's users are not fully ready yet to see the whole of internet chatting. There can be some... Ugly stuff.

EDIT: the word that was censored was jerky without the y and in plurial form.

wow you made your account days ago and your everywhere and have a lot of things to say about everything it seems like someone made an alternate account so nothing will back fire at him or her.

Edited by abinhathbour456
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

picsupes

wow you made your account days ago and your everywhere and have a lot of things to say about everything it seems like someone made an alternate account so nothing will back fire at him or her.

wow you sure are catty aren't you?

grriffinn

Gonna throw in my two cents and say yes to either putting these in tradelocked form back into the shop for coins or  for expanding Gems worldwide (with MUCH fairer Gem prices, of course) and putting them in a a sort of "day one" celebration for their international release.

And for the chat canning, I understand why they made it. I'm a moderator on a wikia for a game called "War Robots", and believe me, even in casual wiki discussions, there are ***** who just spam useless stuff or straight-out ask new users inappropriate things. I can't say that I appreciate them canning the chat, but I understand it. Moderators are mostly volunteers that have lives of their own, and they don't always have the time to deal with chat messes or floods. Plus, some of it's users are not fully ready yet to see the whole of internet chatting. There can be some... Ugly stuff.

Eh... There were (and still are, I know I'm one) a few of us out there that don't believe what the TCGO staff said in regards to canning the chat and assume that something else was going on at the time. The incredibly simple explanation of "the trolls won" without actually going into more thorough detail sounds like something damaging happened and TPCi's (and by extension the staff's) reaction to it was canning the feature in its entirety.

And the "Some of its users are not fully ready to see the whole of internet chatting" part is a bit funky. While that feature should've been turned off of for those kinds of players at the start (there's even a option to turn off the in-game chat on the main site's user settings), the part of teaching your kids the do's and do not's of internet communications and how to deal with its negative side should be on the parents instead of the company itself.

The TCGO is game, not a babysitter that can keep your rugrats busy while you do other things.

Princess_Aurora

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

TRADING

Exactly. TRADING.

not PIGGING out on a certain cards and try to inflate it's price like a balloon.

• Upvote 1

Princess_Aurora

I guess that I'm just a fast learner. Forums are all the same, so my past experiences could have helped. And so far, I don't have any alternate accounts, so you can be sure that we haven't met before.

Actually, it's my first time on the PTCGO forums. The grammar is of much better quality than the other ones that I've seen.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Princess_Aurora

Gonna throw in my two cents and say yes to either putting these in tradelocked form back into the shop for coins or  for expanding Gems worldwide (with MUCH fairer Gem prices, of course) and putting them in a a sort of "day one" celebration for their international release.

Eh... There were (and still are, I know I'm one) a few of us out there that don't believe what the TCGO staff said in regards to canning the chat and assume that something else was going on at the time. The incredibly simple explanation of "the trolls won" without actually going into more thorough detail sounds like something damaging happened and TPCi's (and by extension the staff's) reaction to it was canning the feature in its entirety.

And the "Some of its users are not fully ready to see the whole of internet chatting" part is a bit funky. While that feature should've been turned off of for those kinds of players at the start (there's even a option to turn off the in-game chat on the main site's user settings), the part of teaching your kids the do's and do not's of internet communications and how to deal with its negative side should be on the parents instead of the company itself.

The TCGO is game, not a babysitter that can keep your rugrats busy while you do other things.

Hmm.... Good point. To be honest, I haven't looked at the reasons they gave for the canning, I just assumed. You're right about kids having to see the dark side of the internet, but one of the biggest problems in unrestrained chat is salt. Quite frankly, some forums and game chats beat Salar de Uyuni in terms of saltiness.

I'm not sure if there was a lot of salt when they canned it, but it could be a valid reason. Although that I kinda miss the uncanned chat, saying "Good luck, have fun!" to someone and getting a reply along the lines of "幸運は楽しいです" was pretty hilarious. We resorted to using the smiley emojis to communicate since that there was a language barrier.

Emojis are language barrier breakers.

The_Real_Bug

Exactly. TRADING.

not PIGGING out on a certain cards and try to inflate it's price like a balloon.

This is capitalism, deal with it.

Princess_Aurora

This is capitalism, deal with it.

That isn't capitalism, it's capitalism at it's worst. And you make it sound like it's great to hog things, but it's not. The guy that we're speaking had a skydrop of about 1300 packs in value down.

And since that you want to play community hero so much, why are you supporting players that are depriving their peers of valuable tactical assets?

Edited by Princess_Aurora
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The_Real_Bug

That isn't capitalism, it's capitalism at it's worst. And you make it sound like it's great to hog things, but it's not. The guy that we're speaking had a skydrop of about 1300 packs in value down.

And since that you want to play community hero so much, why are you supporting players that are depriving their peers of valuable tactical assets?

Listen kiddo:

I.

Am.

Nobody's.

Hero.

If i have to pick a side, i'm siding with the traders but if there was a way in which casuals could get some valuable cards with a fair grinding effort then i'm totally rooting for it as long as it doesn't destroy the rarity of those cards.

Simply giving away valuable cards on the Versus Ladder is simply not the case.

Weekly in-game shop bundles were an actual fair way to get some valuable promo cards and they decided to stop it.

Get your facts straight and know your role.

I'm not your hero neither your enemy.

Great power comes with great responsibility, so with that being said if the plan is for everyone to possess every single card at least it should be done in a fashionable way in which it doens't destroy the trading aspect.

Edited by The_Real_Bug

Princess_Aurora

Great power comes with great responsibility, so with that being said if the plan is for everyone to possess every single card at least it should be done in a fashionable way in which it doens't destroy the trading aspect.

Wrong! With great power comes great electric bills. Or great Pokepuff bills if you're using a Pikachu. 

Anyways, they aren't "simply giving away" valuable cards on the versus ladder, they're actually rewarding active players. It's not their fault that some fluffhead decided to hog 45 Computer Searches, it's as dumb as stocking up on 45 Lunala-Prism. 

They aren't destroying the trading aspect, as 45 CS can't really be called trading. It sounds more like stock investment to me. However, if they started adding Gardie GX, Zoroark GX or Lele GX, then​ they would be destroying the trading aspect. Which is not currently the case.

And I agree that they shouldn't destroy the rarity of cards, because that if they added 2011 Tropical Beaches to ladder it would take away the entire meaning of being at the WCs. But when a card's rarity is artificially controlled by doofbags who stockpile 45 of them, they deserve the slap of economy when it comes to ladder.

Does the casual player have more than 4 copies of a card? Yes, but only because that they're extras from pack openings. Does the casual player do massive trade networks to get 40 copies of the same card? No, they'll think that you're crazy if they see you doing that. So the addition of Ace Spec Computer Search will greatly benefit the mass of players who doesn't have access to it, because of so-called "traders". They're Snorlaxes in term of trading cards, nothing more.

And just to make things clear, I do not defend the implementation of CS in ladder because that I needed it, but because that I truly believe will be a valuable asset to casuals. As a matter of fact, I find Scramble Switch more useful than a Computer Search, but that's just personal taste.

Edited by Princess_Aurora

Felidae_

Can you please stop taking the thread of a well known troll and scammer so serious ?

Princess_Aurora

Can you please stop taking the thread of a well known troll and scammer so serious ?

Oh, he is a troll? I guess that it explains quite a lot of things. Thanks for letting me know.

kaixx77

Now I know this will be a very.. very unpopular post with some of the major traders out there, but that's only because it's one of the major reasons I'm advocating for the return of Vivid sets.

- Brief history on what Vivid Sets are: Back in the early years of Pokemon TCG Online there were gameplay sets of Sleeves/Deckboxes you could purchase with Gems when the currency was in the early stages of first being introduced. These were the Vivid sets that you see of Thundurus, Mewtwo, & Victini. (We don't include the Vivid Gengar set as that came later, and has been widely available on more than one occasion to obtain both in-shop, & freely through special challenges).

- Why are they so expensive? Well as time went on, these rotated out of the shop, and the players who obtained them have either quit, gotten banned somehow, or stockpiled them over the years without letting them heavily circulate out into the community.

- Why should we care about reintroducing them back into the shop? We must first acknowledge the fact there is a rampant black market regarding this game, meaning people illegally sell digital cards or gameplay items even though it's against the game's Terms of Service. These sets in the underground market are worth virtually THOUSANDS of dollars to obtain via illegal tactics, or purchasing THOUSANDS of dollars worth of code cards, etc. to even trade for 1 of these sets.

It is ridiculous that something within the game has even gotten to this point of value. Let's collectively put an end to this type of underground market, by starting with these. It'll be a HUGE win for the company, & us the players as there are alot of us out there who want to enjoy these sets.. without having to sell our kidneys lol.

Thank you.

I just know that your idea of the game affects my collection. I've been playing for years and I've never seen my collection so much lower.

bateloche

It just died? That was an awesome suggestion by Ou74s7 and we should not let it just fade away....

• Upvote 1

OU7C4ST

I just know that your idea of the game affects my collection. I've been playing for years and I've never seen my collection so much lower.

I completely understand your concerns of thinking rarity should still be a thing, and you would like to have a collection to be proud of that includes very rare items.

I have quite the collection myself, but the extreme rarity of things should not be at the point where "underground markets" are making thousands off these sets. It's quite ridiculous. The developers need to address this issue.

Overall, this is suppose to be a game where your account should only have sentimental value, & not actual IRL value to begin with.

Pikalover5769

I completely understand your concerns of thinking rarity should still be a thing, and you would like to have a collection to be proud of that includes very rare items.

I have quite the collection myself, but the extreme rarity of things should not be at the point where "underground markets" are making thousands off these sets. It's quite ridiculous. The developers need to address this issue.

Overall, this is suppose to be a game where your account should only have sentimental value, & not actual IRL value to begin with.

This suggestion is gold and you are absolutely correct! Everything should be (reasonably) accessible to all and we are lucky because the game is going in that direction. I'm sure they will bring back these and every other gameplay along with gem promos and tropical beaches. We just need to keep suggesting and when they have the time they will grant it :)

Player_Jay

It just died? That was an awesome suggestion by Ou74s7 and we should not let it just fade away....

It’s a crying shame to be honest.

I’m still looking for the boxes.

Everyone wants a mini-fortune for them.

We can buy 100’s of different Pokémon Boxes & Sleeves in real life.

We can’t even get a single Pokémon Box or Sleeve in the online game.

I don’t understand; why can’t they put the Boxes & Sleeves in the shop next to the Bulbasaur, Squirtle, & Chamander Boxes/Sleeves.

Edited by Player_Jay
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

bateloche

Just nailed it... And after that last line I think there's nothing else to be said.

It should not be worth a thousand dollars.

Mod_Jynthu

Hey everyone!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on this. I've passed this along to the development team for further review.

Thanks!

OU7C4ST

Hey everyone!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on this. I've passed this along to the development team for further review.

Thanks!

I really do hope so. Former TPCi Dev. Samhayne showed interest in this subject a few months back.

I understand that you guys can probably catch people trading these items, or even monitor trades that include key items, etc., but as soon as a deal is made IRL, and someone has received the cash, that is a done deal. Even if you punish both users, the cash has already been transferred from one hand to the other.

VictorColacios
They will do nothing about this topic, it was created february, but the automatic answer only happened 4 months later, so yeah...

I think the kanto starters deck boxes will stay forever, i think they are available almost 2 years, ridiculous...

I know they have a lot work to do, but seems like a very easy 2-3 buttons to press, like what they did with the booster packs.

• Upvote 1

IzzyRob

So i have been personally playing since 2015 and while i see these deck boxes and sleeves going for insane prices, i do have to ask when is it just greed? someone had said that these offers never get taken and let's be honest some of us don't have the dollar or time to spend trying for these FAs and Srs and it would be so simpler for us to take one of these trades over some deck box and sleeves. So i see why people who have them wouldn't want them coming back. However as a collector, i would like to see new vivids come out. Just the thoughts of an average player.