TPCi_Samhayne

danieljf1989

Give us back legacy tournaments!!!

• Like 1

Pikalover5769

Dear PTCGO staff,

Thank you for all that you do and for the amazing update that brought back the majority of boosters and theme decks to the coin shop.

Unfortunately, some theme decks are still unavailable to purchase using coins. They are:

1. Power Relay
  2. Basic Orange
  3. Basic Yellow
  4. Basic Red Fire
  5. Basic Green
  6. Basic Blue
  7. Black & White - Basic Red
  8. Black & White - Basic Green
  9. Black & White - Basic Blue
  10. X & Y - Basic Red (not available as of build 2.39)
  11. X & Y - Basic Green (not available as of build 2.39)
  12. X & Y - Basic Blue (not available as of build 2.39)
  13. X & Y - Basic Yellow (not available as of build 2.39)

Could you please kindly bring these theme decks to the token shop as well. Many players are unable to complete their collection without access to these so it would be following the new and awesome slogan of: "Making it Easier To Get the Cards You Want"

Thank you so very much for creating this AMAZING game and I sincerely hope these can be brought back soon so newer players aren't disappointed at their ability to complete their collections.

You are the best,

Pika!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mod_Lyam

Dear PTCGO staff,

Thank you for all that you do and for the amazing update that brought back the majority of boosters and theme decks to the coin shop.

Unfortunately, some theme decks are still unavailable to purchase using coins. They are:

1. Power Relay
  2. Basic Orange
  3. Basic Yellow
  4. Basic Red Fire
  5. Basic Green
  6. Basic Blue
  7. Black & White - Basic Red
  8. Black & White - Basic Green
  9. Black & White - Basic Blue
  10. X & Y - Basic Red (not available as of build 2.39)
  11. X & Y - Basic Green (not available as of build 2.39)
  12. X & Y - Basic Blue (not available as of build 2.39)
  13. X & Y - Basic Yellow (not available as of build 2.39)

Could you please kindly bring these theme decks to the token shop as well. Many players are unable to complete their collection without access to these so it would be following the new and awesome slogan of: "Making it Easier To Get the Cards You Want"

Thank you so very much for creating this AMAZING game and I sincerely hope these can be brought back soon so newer players aren't disappointed at their ability to complete their collections.

You are the best,

Pika!

Hi Pikalover5769,

Thank you so much for sharing your suggestions!

Let's see what the future updates can bring  :)

Pikalover5769

Hi Pikalover5769,

Thank you so much for sharing your suggestions!

Let's see what the future updates can bring  :)

Awesome! I am super excited! I think that these currently unobtainable theme decks coming back along with new ways to get old gameplay items like Vivids and other sleeves/deck boxes in addition to creating a new way to attain legacy tradablet packs (hgss/bw era packs) will make the game perfect! Oh and also a new way to attain gem promo cards!

Those are literally the only things preventing people from finishing their collection and I think that making them available will reduce tensions that arise due to frustrations regarding collecting. I know it will also create a wider player base and in turn lead to more income for the Pokemon Company :)

I'll definitely continue sharing suggestions as I just want to make this game an open, happy, collaborative experience for all Pokemon Trainers! And of course I hope it supports the Pokemon Company and helps them create new and better Poke-experiences for us :)

Best,

Pika!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

danieljf1989

Any word on the legacy tournaments? I really miss those, and I'm sure a lot of people also do.

Edited by danieljf1989

Loof6

Yes, we do, but the devs does it matter.

Mod_Lyam

Hi Trainers,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Legacy Tournaments, I will pass it along to our dev team.

Enjoy the game!

Moo0000000000

Any word on the legacy tournaments? I really miss those, and I'm sure a lot of people also do.

Please bring back soon. I literally login to see if Legacy tournaments are back, they are not, so log back out and play Magic the Gathering Arena :P I feel Legacy and eternal formats in general are for the older crowds that don't have time or desire to keep up with rotating format. Cater to all your customers please or give me a way to sell my account since I purchased a few hundred dollars in online code cards. Thank you.

Mod_Jynthu

Hello Moo0000000000,

Thank you for adding your feedback on Legacy Tournaments. 

Please note that selling an account is against the Terms of Use (see 5-viii, 5-ix and 7-iv).

Thank you!

sterlingW

Hi Trainers,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Legacy Tournaments, I will pass it along to our dev team.

Enjoy the game!

Hello Moo0000000000,

Thank you for adding your feedback on Legacy Tournaments. 

Please note that selling an account is against the Terms of Use (see 5-viii, 5-ix and 7-iv).

Thank you!

Since the upcoming card banning of 2 unnecessary cards. Its going make it harder to progress the vs ladder to get card stewards too and challenges. It best to increase rewards or reduce time consume of completing the VS Ladder.

Edited by sterlingW

Pickupmagicarti

Bring legacy tournaments back! Add the Trainer kits (Theme decks) to the shop.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Loof6

Yes, bring legacy tournaments and the weekly shop bundles back!

• Like 1

shinygeodude

How is it making it "easier" to get the cards we want when there are no longer any shop promos, which was the only way to get many of the black star promo cards before they started including codes for them in their physical packages?

• Upvote 2

Otakutron
3 hours ago, shinygeodude said:

How is it making it "easier" to get the cards we want when there are no longer any shop promos, which was the only way to get many of the black star promo cards before they started including codes for them in their physical packages?

...because that's an "ongoing" change?  I remember when they had the package deals in the shop, and I used to have to grind and save up tokens (which I recall being more difficult, even with a comparable win/loss record) "just in case" one of those bundles went on sale.  I also had to do that for when "classic boosters" were made available.  Oh, and making sure to buy Theme Decks as soon as possible because it was so easy to forget about them (it used to be rare for a "good" theme deck to be released).

Now, any booster or Theme deck, except for atypical releases, are available in the Shop.  So, assuming you do not want to get the ones - which come with redemption cards - you can still focus your grind on getting the boosters you need to trade for them.  Which holds true for some of the older stuff as well.

The thing is yeah, I wish some of these old promos were easier to obtain.  So why am I disagreeing with ya?  Because it looks like you just read the thread title, and answered that.  Constructive criticism is a valuable tool; answering just the thread title is a good way to convince them to go back to the older, much worse system.  Bundles in the shop weren't the best option for older promos, either.  Personally, I would just like them to show up in Reward Chests.  Not with an amazingly high pull rate or anything, just enough to keep new cards trickling in for the dedicated collectors who wish to obtain them.

• Downvote 1

shinygeodude

Yeah, I guess I wasn't too clear, but my point was that you can't really say it's "easier" to get the cards you want when there are quite a few cards that used to be obtainable but now aren't.

XK920XK

you have to keep in mind when they make changes and post information about it, its to the general/majority player base, not the few. i promise you that most players in this game dont care about some gem promos given out years ago that are weak and useless and just for collection purposes. 

compared to before the changes its much easier now to get coins and way easier to get the older packs and decks. that change is what they are referencing to, not the small handful of cards you are referencing to.

• Upvote 2

Otakutron
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shinygeodude said:

Yeah, I guess I wasn't too clear, but my point was that you can't really say it's "easier" to get the cards you want when there are quite a few cards that used to be obtainable but now aren't.

It is easier to get the cards most folks want... just not all the cards we might want.  Go ahead and encourage them to make it easier to obtain promos, and I'll agree with ya.  Tell them to go back to having only the Standard Format booster packs available in the shop (less exclusive mini-sets), and I won't. ;)

On one hand, I don't want to nitpick, but on the other hand, I really do not want to go back to exactly how it used to be and that's how your comment read.  Plus... isn't the point you're doubling down on, that you think the title is misleading because some promos aren't as easy to obtain as they once were, also nitpicking?

Maybe I should have approached this better.  Anyway, contrary to popular opinion, the Dev Team does listen to us on this issue.

Edited by Otakutron
  • Upvote 1

shinygeodude

Fair enough. And I don't want to go back to only having the Standard packs available in the shop either. That never made sense to me.

• Like 1

TheBlackxRanger
Posted (edited)

What if all the cards were available to use? Like those yt accounts where they have all the cards unlocked, even secret rares?

I suppose at that point its no longer a trading card game, but rather a pokemon card game.

Edited by TheBlackxRanger
cant say the word *******?

DonZaloog95
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheBlackxRanger said:

What if all the cards were available to use? Like those yt accounts where they have all the cards unlocked, even secret rares?

I suppose at that point its no longer a trading card game, but rather a pokemon card game.

I think no-one in this thread has suggested that we should have all cards 😊

The discussion has mostly focused on legacy cards being quite hard to get due to there no longer being legacy tournaments that would give packs to circulation and shop promos, especially of which the gem promos are getting more and more difficult to get. Usually those cards go in hundreds of packs values and gem fossil set, the crown jewel of them all, going in thousands of packs of value. That is not all though. Due to the cards being distributed so long ago, most of the players who had the cards have already quit the game(reason why inflated prices) and to find someone who would be ready to trade their, even if you were to offer them the said value in cards(other gem promos, secret rares, beaches and so on),is extremely difficult. They are the definition of collecting them all, but due to the players who have them leaving, the chances to ever being able to get them are getting lower and lower before sooner or later it being literally impossible. On the other hand, I don't think there is much devs can do about it other than keeping the older players in as best as they can.

Edited by DonZaloog95

117Random117

Oh boy thing have changed a little around here...

Life got me elsewhere for a couple of years and it looks like there have been some new things going on in the PTCG world.

Anyway, while I'm not particularly happy with the increase in power the cards have gotten in general over the last two years (last time I played was a couple months into Sun and Moon), it's not something that is in the hands of the PTCGO team, so we'll put that aside and focus on the modifications done here, on PTCGO.

1) A couple more rewards on the ladder is great, I don't remember having daily rewards, last time I played, only the daily quests were available... And I have to say it's a wonderful upgrade, providing a clear incentive to win a decent amount of games every day... Just great.

2) Every packs in store : Well, on one hand it's cool to have the option to buy those non standard packs for tokens... But on the other hand they are not tradable, so it's useless for a large amount of players.... It makes the HGSS packs and cards a bit less sought after, but all in all I don't mind, and I don't think it had a huge impact, so probably a good improvement overall.

3) No more bundle in store : That's a bit sad, I'm not a frantic collector or anything, but I used to buy some every now and then. I thought they were cool, and it used to bring a bit of novelty every X weeks... I think the game would greatly benefit from a come back of those, maybe in another form, maybe as prizes of tournament, but anyhow, I think it would be great to reintroduce them.

4) Tournament changes : I don't really remember what the prize pool used to be, so I won't be able to comment on the matter, but I'll gladly believe it has been improved. That being said, it's not all that great and I think we lost more than we gained here (well, as I said I don't know how much we gained, but that's ok, the current rewards look good).

=> 4a) The randomization of packs is both a blessing and a curse, for instance, now that a new set is about to be available online, I would have loved all the pack prizes to be from Unified Minds, in order to quickly get more of the cards I need... On the other hand, when one has everything one need in the last set, it starts to be more interesting to get random standard / random extended packs instead... Well most trades on the market involve the last printed set packs though, so having those a a prize is never too detrimental I suppose. Overall I'll have to experience that "new" random prizing a bit but I think that change isn't particularly great at first sight.

=> 4b) I think the removal of the "gold entry" tournament is detrimental to the game... I remember back when I was starting on PTCGO, I used to do a lot of those tournaments, in order to gain tickets, in order to then play other tournaments, to finally get tradable packs (the currency that would get me any card I want for my decks).... It was a way for new players to build whatever deck they wanted much faster, and not be reliant on RNG... That's the issue if tokens can only be used to buy packs in the store, well you might choose what pack you get, but chances are, you're not gonna get the cards you want when you open them... So building a deck by only buying packs from the store would take forever.

Overall, I think that change is not going to impact me very much, but I think it's a pretty poor one, that will definitely be detrimental to the new players and affect their retention.

=> 4c) I used to play a lot of legacy, because I thought it was just a great format, that was very refreshing and very different from what was happening in standard and extended... And pretty much all my tickets were going to legacy tournaments back then, so of course I'll miss those, and I am very sad to realize that they have been removed while I was away... On top of being a great format, it used to be a way to get HGSS tradable packs, which was very interesting for pretty much every player able to compete in the format.

=> 4d) In order to deal with several issues I've been mentioning, I think the game would highly benefit from having a new form of tournament in legacy. Maybe not the quarter/semi/final system but a swiss event, maybe not a queue but a daily or weekly event instead (or several per day/week of course, to better accommodate all time zones)... With a different entry fee / prize structure than what we know... And that would probably be a great opportunity to reintroduce some bundle that used to be available in the store (as a prize for 1st place for example).

I think that's the closing words... Please feel free to contribute on the last point, the more ideas the devs get from the community the better their understanding of our expectations.

Cheers.

RestlessThought
Posted (edited)

@117Random117

Just wanted to let you know that the tournament prizes will be Unified Minds packs once Unified Minds has been officially released and is in the game shop to purchase. So save your tickets until then (Aug 3rd?)

Edited by RestlessThought
  • Like 1