Leaderboard needs a rating system.

stormthrash

The current leaderboard is irrelevant. Games played is a useless stat. A rating system would say a lot more...especially if the ranked games paired players according to rating. Just saying.

The current leaderboard is irrelevant. Games played is a useless stat. A rating system would say a lot more...especially if the ranked games paired players according to rating. Just saying.

^ This is seriously needed right now. Leaderboards without a proper rating system is not that interesting....

I conur. I agree it is suppose to be a friendly game but wins, win/loss ratio, ratings...something is def needed. Games played is a completely useless stat. If youre scare of discouraging people just dont display losses.

Agreed. I mean, there ARE more catergories if you look carefully, but the only notable one is "Most damage dealt with a single attack"

I wouldn't say that Games Played is a useless stat. However, there are plenty of useless stats such as Energy Played. I was shocked to find out that there were no rankings displayed for Games Won. That's the one stat that everybody expects to find on a leaderboard. The number of losses don't have to be displayed if you want people to not feel bad. The other stats that are good are: Total Damage Done, Average Damage Done, Maximum Damage Done With One Attack, and Number of Prize Cards Taken. The rest can take a hike.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, we'll make sure to take it into consideration.

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition, giving up makes it permanent."

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the interest and feedback. It is very helpful. We implemented these stats since they are the same stats that we display at the end of each game. This is just a starting place for leader boards and game stats in general. We are planning on adding many more leader boards. This is just the first sample. For example, we are working on a point accumulation stats based on both games played and games won. We hope to have this in the game in the next month or two. We currently have no plans for an Elo based leader board ratings. In addition, we will also be adding a relative ranking system in the near future as well.

We would love to hear any other ideas for game stats you might like to see beyond the ones we have already talked about.

Thanks

Prof_Warrax[/b]

Master of Chaos

Maybe this is a really stupid question, but what are points? The rankings are based on this stat, and I don't even know what it means.

When you say you have no plans for Elo based ratings, do you mean specifically "no Elo" or do you mean "nothing like Elo at all?" For example, does "relative ranking system" mean a system something like Elo?

Hi Dalee78,

Currently we have the term "points" as a header for the value column. This is a generic term. It is the value that we use to rank players in the category. For example, in the Total Games Played Category your "points" is the number of games you have played, i.e. 1 point for 1 game. Where as in the Total Damage Dealt category your "points" is the number of points of damage you have dealt, i.e. 1 point for 1 point damage.

Elo is a rating system, not a ranking system. It is a very good way for predicting the outcome of a game between to players based on how they have done in the past against other players. You can then use those scores to create rankings simple listing players from highest to lowest. However then you have to address what you are going to do with ties. Once you resolve that matter you have a ranking system that is based on the Elo ratings.

When you rank people with numbers from 1 to 10 million and each person has their own number that is an absolute ranking systeming. In a relative ranking system, each player knows roughly where they sit in the pack of players but not exactly.

I hope that helps regular_smile.png

Prof_Warrax

Master of Chaos

A few of my thoughts.

Leaderboards should be "refreshed" at least each day, I still see the same data as 2 days ago.

Games won would be nice, but I would prefer to see a more specific way.

Don't know how to explain but a Leaderboard with games won ( no matter how) but also a leaderboard for games won by taking 4 or more prizes and of course game won without even playing ( concede to starterdecks anyone?)

There is a big difference in getting a "free" win (concede) at the start of the game, or you/your opponent conceding after 20 minutes of playing and realizing he/she would loose anyway.

And we still have the problem of the lost connections, which I am not even sure if they are on purpose or because the game kicks you out.

Hi Rainbowgym,

Some great ideas there. We will think about some ways to get to what you are suggesting. There is always a flip side to every system and we would not want to end up with something that encourages players to concede to deny their opponent points.

The leaderboards should be updating daily now. We had a bug that prevented us from doing so intially it has been resolved. I will pass your concern on to QA and have them validate.

Take care! regular_smile.png

Prof_Warrax[/b]

Master of Chaos

The leaderboard refresher still is not working, I had played 825 games a few days ago but now dspite the fact I have played about another 50 games it has still not updated.

Hi Matthew69,

We did find a bug in the Total Games Played Leaderboard that was causing it to not update when the other leader boards did. If you are still noticing problems please submit a ticket at support.pokemon.com.

Thank you! regular_smile.png

Prof_Warrax

Master of Chaos

Archived