SmileyTrilobite

Skipping Basic Pokémon!?

SmileyTrilobite

I can fit only 4 Snorunt and I want more Froslass and Glalie (both evolve from Snorunt)! Aside from pokémon EX versions, if you're good at emptying your hand, you can use Archie's Ace in the Hole to put any discarded water pokémon straight onto your bench!

What other strategies are there for skipping Basic pokémon? Are there any? Please help in the search!

Edited by SmileyTrilobite

Sadra

1. Maxies hidden ball trick for fighting types

2. Ho-oh's GX attack (eternal flame) for fire types

3. Cradily (plasma blast) has an attack called lifexplosion. It has one of the most interesting effects in the card game: for every energy card attached to cradily, it lets you search for a stage 2 pokemon and allows you to put it on your bench.

• Upvote 2

SandaledOtter

There are the pokemon-specific examples. Some of these would be:

• Frogadier's Water Duplicates attack (requires one basic to play four stage 1 cards)
  • Talonflame's Gale Wings ability (play as your active during set-up)

There are a couple others similar to Frogadier's attack, but I can't think of them now. Those two still see quite a bit of action.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mod_Rowan

This seems interesting! It’s always nice to see the community helping each other!

SuperStone

There are a couple others similar to Frogadier's attack, but I can't think of them now. Those two still see quite a bit of action.

There's an ability on a Ninjask that can bring out Shedinja, and Kakuna can use "bug duplicates."

Edited by SuperStone
  • Upvote 1

shinygeodude

Sliggoo from Guardians Rising has an attack similar to that Frogadier's, allowing you to take 2 other Sliggoo from your deck and put them on your bench.

And there's a new Altaria card with a one-Colorless-energy attack that lets you put a Dragon type (of any stage) on your bench if you flip heads. Combine that with Victini (or Trick Coin in Expanded) to fairly easily get a stage 1 or 2 Dragon type in play (or even something like Mega Rayquaza EX in Expanded).

Edited by shinygeodude

Masao114

1. Maxies hidden ball trick for fighting types

2. Ho-oh's GX attack (eternal flame) for fire types

3. Cradily (plasma blast) has an attack called lifexplosion. It has one of the most interesting effects in the card game: for every energy card attached to cradily, it lets you search for a stage 2 pokemon and allows you to put it on your bench.

Ho-Oh's ability only works on pokemon in the discard pile & can only be used once though.

GR0
Posted (edited)

Also, don't forget that the chance you'll have a total of 5+ Snorunt evolutions in play is absolutely minimal (not to mention completely redundant). Cards that recycle Snorunt such as Revive can work just as well for you.

Edited by GR0

Felidae_

Also, don't forget that the chance you'll have a total of 5+ Snorunt evolutions in play is absolutely minimal (not to mention completely redundant). Cards that recycle Snorunt such as Revive can work just as well for you.

After 1.5 years I'm sure OP appreciates the help ;).

• Upvote 1

SuperStone
Posted (edited)

After 1.5 years I'm sure OP appreciates the help ;).

A deck this strong never truly goes away.  :) 

Edited by SuperStone