11,878 Different Cards to Own

RobRatt

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:55 PM, The_Cheezburglr said:

I have a quick question about energy cards. In my collection, if I select "Not Owned", I see 4 different Fairy Basic Energy cards. If I create a trade, however, the number of not owned Fairy Cards turns into about 12. Can someone explain this difference? Also, how are Energy Cards factored into this thread and the game's card-counting mechanism?

Your collection shows more once  you have obtained a card either in game or by code...... It gets added into cards that you have collected before weather you trade it or not once it is obtained ...Your collection will store that image of the card in collections and wont go away at which point below the card it will show you the number of with you have locked or unlocked....The locked (#'s)cards at the bottom of the card are ones you only got in game such as obtaining a booster pack it was in, by playing a online versus battle/event/daily reward ect. ....The unlocked ***** at the bottom of card are ones that were "purchased" by adding in a code card into redeem a code under the shop section these cards are the tradable ones .... As for your last question not sure what you're referring about exactly but you are allowed to add almost your entire deck full of energy if you want being that the deck has at least 1 Pokémon in it in order to battle that is [basic] stage.. As well you can also have no energy in a deck.. I have few decks in which I created that I can battle with that work in expanded and legacy format gameplay, one of witch just uses a Pokémon ability's for my attack and I added in rare candy's to get to the stage 2 Pokémon with the ability thus limiting cards that would take up space in my deck and filling those  card voids with helpful trainer cards (no energy needed) ....but that being said it really just depends in a way which Pokémon you want to use and thus adding enough energy for it into the deck so that it can use the attack you want... A good way to make sure enough energy is in the deck for the Pokémon, is once you have selected all the Pokémon just count up there [max attack] energy amount add them together with the other Pokémon of the same type and add one or two in order to slightly increase the chances of getting the energy's needed for that Pokémon when playing and when combining another type just do the same thing in that deck just make sure you have enough room in the 60 card total count for a deck in order for your deck to work properly. There is probably another thread/section some where in these forums where people talk about energy more so in depth. hope that helps...      _hipN0_

• 3 months later...

Hello, i dont know if this is good place to write it, but, i played Pokemon back in school, i have few cards. I watched how to valuate them, but to be honest, i have some cards, that i cant find on internet, it either means they are fake, or it´s maybe for another game. So i would like to ask, if there is somebody, who is willing to call via Zoom, or some other app, or if I can send some pictures of the cards, to help me. Also, i am from eruope - Czech republic, just so you know, i dont speak perfect english, but it can be fun :) thanks

• 5 months later...

So basically you can actually catch them all, even though it takes a lot more work since different illustrations count as diffrent cards, is this right? are there other reasons? I'm not sure I just started lol.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Kind of sad to see this thread died. I always came here to lurk around and see how many I didn't have :c Still only have 11,150. Probably won't make it before the transition to Live. I wish I knew earlier that the legacy format was dying so I didn't open as many HGSS packs as I have x'). Well, thank you to all guys and gals who kept the tally all this years. 

• 2 months later...