RobRatt

11,878 Different Cards to Own

abinhathbour456

are you really sure that this is all you can get ?

RobRatt

are you really sure that this is all you can get ?

Pretty sure, using the Stats available in the game.  If there's any ideas you have, I would love to know more myself.  Could you look at my answer to @tarif15 (post #15 in this thread), and tell me if this makes sense to you too?

I'm relying on two things... (1) what the game shows as Different Cards Owned, in Collection Stats, and (2) manually counting how many cards we're missing (checking the Show Not Owned box).  We've come up with the same number in both accounts.

I don't know any other way to do it.

Edited by RobRatt

abinhathbour456

Pretty sure, using the Stats available in the game.  If there's any ideas you have, I would love to know more myself.  Could you look at my answer to @tarif15 (post #15 in this thread), and tell me if this makes sense to you too?

I'm relying on two things... (1) what the game shows as Different Cards Owned, in Collection Stats, and (2) manually counting how many cards we're missing (checking the Show Not Owned box).  We've come up with the same number in both accounts.

I don't know any other way to do it.

i will add you and we will talk 

Loof6

I count 8811 different cards in the game. I have 8553 and I dont have 258 cards. That`s a total number of 8811 different cards. But i dont know which or how much are unobtainable.

I think the following 12 Promos are unobtainable at this time.

Vaporeon BW89

Jolteon BW91

Flareon BW88

Leafeon BW87

Glaceon BW90

Keldeo BW60

Meowth BW35

Espeon BW92

Jigglypuff BW65

Elgyem BW55

Lillipup BW52

Scraggy BW25

The Gem Fossil Set (Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum and Fossil Researcher) are the most valueable cards, I think, and hard to get but obtainable.

RobRatt

I count 8811 different cards in the game. I have 8553 and I dont have 258 cards. That`s a total number of 8811 different cards. But i dont know which or how much are unobtainable.

I think the following 12 Promos are unobtainable at this time.

Vaporeon BW89

Jolteon BW91

Flareon BW88

Leafeon BW87

Glaceon BW90

Keldeo BW60

Meowth BW35

Espeon BW92

Jigglypuff BW65

Elgyem BW55

Lillipup BW52

Scraggy BW25

After checking with friends who have near-complete sets, those are the same 12 "unobtainables" that I've found (all of them B&W Promos).  Your list matches mine, and @magicalkobra's in post #2 also.  It must be right.

I've seen all the rest of my missing cards in other people's collections, so they are, or maybe were, possible to own, even if they're darn near impossible to find.

I'll have to get back to you on the overall count of Different Cards Owned though.  Mine, my son's, and another friend who have almost complete collections show 8,809 after counting our missing cards.  But I found someone else with a monster collection who has a different count (overall total).

I'm confused at this point, and not sure why it might add up differently for some people.  I know it's a pain, but if you have time in the next few days (before Ultra Prism comes out), could you double-check your count of missing cards?

Edited by RobRatt

Loof6

Yes, I just counted again just with the same result. 8811 different cards.

Have not recently added 2 new promo cards?

RobRatt

Yes, I just counted again just with the same result. 8811 different cards.

Have not recently added 2 new promo cards?

I've counted and recounted a couple different collections.  And I'm certain of the Stats the game is providing.  But there's still a glitch or problem somewhere, right?

You've obviously got 2 cards that we don't own.  Yet they're not listed as "missing" when I check the "Show Not Owned" box.  I also got a different count from Abinhathbour.

This week, with the v2.50 update, when they added those 7 Theme Deck exclusive cards from Call of Legends, it got me thinking there might be other problem areas.  After all, those cards were previously unavailable to us (i.e. they didn't show as Missing), from a set released in February 2011.  Yet, anyone who already owned those Theme Decks would surely have them count toward Different Cards Owned.  At least we would hope so.

EDIT:  I manually checked the BW-series Theme Decks (real-world) against PTCGO, and it looks like all of those alternates are available and accounted for.

In the meantime, I'm going to stick with the numbers the Game is providing for our sets.

It's a bit frustrating.  But I'll keep digging.

Edited by RobRatt

RobRatt

In total, there were 312 cards added to the game this weekend.

The new set, Ultra Prism, brought 303 new cards, including the regular release, reverse foils, end-of-set (SR/RR), and theme deck exclusive.  Of these, 248 are Pokemon, 48 Trainers, and 7 Energy.

It should be noted -- in the Ultra Prism set -- there are 2 non-foil cards (Heatran & Magnezone) that are Prerelease exclusive versions.

There are also 4 Prerelease Promos (SM Black Star) for the Ultra Prism set (Gumshoos, Heatran, Lucario, and Wash Rotom).

There are 5 new Promos added to the game as well:

Alolan Sandshrew (Alt A, GRI 19a)
Alolan Vulpix (Alt A, GRI 21a)
Kirlia (Alt, BUS 92a)
Porygon-Z (Alt, BUS 105a)
Tortera (League Promo, UPR 9)

9,128 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt

RobRatt

There's a glitch in the Server, which is keeping track of previously owned cards.

The statistic Different Cards Owned "remembers" which cards you owned.  If you trade away your last copy of a card, the next time you log in, the Server keeps track as if you still own it.

I realized this by accident, when I loaned a friend my playset of Glaceon GX.  When I logged in the next time, the Different Cards Owned statistic was the same as before.  And we tested (trading several cards back and forth) for another hour to replicate the problem.  It was consistent.

If you add your Different Cards Owned to those Missing (show not owned), and come up with a different Total than 9,128, you've likely traded away the last copy of those "previously owned" cards (it doesn't subtract them).  You'll need to replace those cards to get an accurate count (it won't count them a second time).

9,128 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

P.S.  Reported in the Game Bug section of the forum.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55834-game-statistic-different-cards-owned/

Edited by RobRatt

SuperStone

Quite by chance, a friend and I discovered the BUG.

There's a bug in the Server, which is keeping track of previously owned cards.

The statistic Different Cards Owned "remembers" which cards you owned.  If you trade away your last copy of a card, the next time you log in, the Server keeps track as if you still own it.

Probably the same glitch that keeps those cards in your trading binder.  This has existed for...  Well, as long as I've been here, probably longer.  And I'm pretty sure the Devs are aware.  But hey, it doesn't hurt to bring it up again.  ;) 

RobRatt

A promo Darkrai-GX (Atlernate A Promo, BUS 88a) was added to the game today.  It's from a Shining Legends box scheduled for release March 9th.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/shining-legends-figure-collection-shiny-darkrai-gx/

Surprisingly, they didn't add the promo from the Lucario-GX Box, which has the same release date.

9,129 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

• Upvote 1

RobRatt

The original post (#1) has been updated with all of the pertinent information from this thread, including the edits.

I'll do my best to keep this first post updated.

seminc

Thanks for taking the time to make this resource, it confused me when I came back and the stat wasn't there XD.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

RobRatt

Thanks for taking the time to make this resource, it confused me when I came back and the stat wasn't there XD.

Yeah, I figure it's the least I can do, with all the help and knowledge that I've gotten from so many.

It's good to see you back again.  You, and people like you, are the best part of the game, I think.

Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

As many users are finding this thread very helpful, and because it is being updated regularly, I have pinned this topic.

Thanks!

SuperStone

Congrats on the sticky, RobRatt.  :lol: 

pokemonbrandon

Hello friends,

The thing to know, is that the number continues to change!

The game currently doesn't do a great job of presenting the number of cards in the game.  We know that customers would like to have more statistics for collection.  Improving this aspect of the game is not currently a big priority for the team.  We do have it on the list, but no guarantees as to when, or if, improvements on this front would be made. 

With the continuous nature of cards going into the system, the total number is constantly moving and not something we currently maintain on a rigorous, public ready way.  All that is to say, I don't have solid numbers for you, or to verify what you have worked out.   

I hope that helps!

-Alex

Or even better simply take them out of the game for now, I know that is not hard as I recall you guys removing the retort lucario that leaked a couple years ago without a problem.

PB

Mod_Jynthu

Or even better simply take them out of the game for now, I know that is not hard as I recall you guys removing the retort lucario that leaked a couple years ago without a problem.

PB

Hello pokemonbrandon,

Thank you for your feedback! As pointed out by TPCi_Samhayne, this aspect of the game currently isn't a very big priority for the team, so it may be some time before this is addressed.

Thanks! 

RobRatt

PB

Hello pokemonbrandon,

Thank you for your feedback! As pointed out by TPCi_Samhayne, this aspect of the game currently isn't a very big priority for the team, so it may be some time before this is addressed.

Thanks! 

Mod_Jynthu, I think what @PB might be referring to are the dozen unobtainable Promos, ...the ones that nobody can get (listed a couple places in this thread, including #1).

Please, work your magic, and mention this to the bosses.  It would be nice to make them disappear.  I don't know if ANYONE has ever owned them (I don't think so), but if they have, which makes removal difficult, then maybe the whole bundle could be added to the Game Shop at some point?

And while they are thinking about it, please ask them to make the 5-piece Fossil set available in the Shop again (alternate versions, from Furious Fists, of Fossil Researcher, Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt, and Tyrantrum), so we can check this very hard-to-find set off our lists too?

Edited by RobRatt

RobRatt

A new League Promo -- Infernape, Ultra Prism 23 -- was added to the game today.

These League Promos tend to enter the game quite a while (sometimes a couple weeks) before they are distributed at League.  Don't expect to find it in Public Offers yet.

This card:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/sm-series/sm5/23/

9,130 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt

RobRatt

A promo Lucario-GX (SM100) was added to the game today.  Both this Promo Box, and the Darkrai-GX Box (post #36) are available in stores today, and these cards should be easily found in Public trading..

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/lucario-gx-box/

NOTE:  On the first weekend of a new Promo release, the kids ask for super high prices.  It's best to wait a little while, for things to stabilize.

9,131 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt

RobRatt

I verified this stat with another good friend.  He has the same count, and is only missing the 5 cards in the Fossil Set, and 4 Gem Promos, besides the 12 "unobtainables,"  What makes his collection unique, is that the 9,110 cards he's gathered are all tradable.  Very cool.

Also, the latest League Promo, Infernape, Ultra Prism 23, is being given out at some Leagues this weekend.  It should start trickling into Public trading very soon.

9,131 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

As usual, post #1 is updated, and current.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.  :) 

Edited by RobRatt

LordKieta

Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, SM101
Dusk Mane Necrozma GX, SM102 

These cards were added to the game after this last update. They're available through the new Spring Tin Codes

RobRatt

Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, SM101

Dusk Mane Necrozma GX, SM102 

These cards were added to the game after this last update. They're available through the new Spring Tin Codes

LordKieta is right.  Gracias amigo.  :cool:

These tins were released to the general public on 3/16/2018.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/necrozma-prism-tin/

Post #1 is updated, and current.

9,133 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt

RobRatt

This afternoon, several hours after the v2.51 update, 3 more promos were added to the game.  They are Dusk Form Lycanroc (SM105), Dawn Wings Necrozma (106), and Dusk Mane Necrozma (107), and are not GX cards.  These will be included in the Spring 2018 Collector Chest (looks like a lunch box) that is scheduled for release this Friday, March 23rd.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/collector-chest-spring-2018/

Post #1 is updated, and current.

9,136 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt