[GENERAL] Graphics - Pink Screen When Opening Game

arnaubadia

Since the last update I haven't been able to play because when I open the game a pink screen pops up. I read that I needed to update my video drivers but my PC says there are no new drivers to install. Is there a solution to this situation?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sometimes, your PC's components(processors, motherboard, etc.), not the PC itself, get too old for any kind of updating of individual components such as drivers. 

Example: my old custom computer w/ a Dell processor made in 2005:

Before I replaced it when my hard drive failed, my computer could not download drivers from Dell's site because its processor and/or motherboard was released at a point that predated faster computers and devices that are too fast for my old comp to handle, and thus does not allow such driver updates to work w/o crashing the computer itself, due to the drivers being designed for more advanced processors/hardware than that of such outdated processor. 

^ If you can't update your drivers and your processor's age is in question, look up the manufacturer's website, look for your processor, and try downloading it using their utility. If your processor is absent from the list, then I'm afraid your computer may have hit the obsolete, past-gen, outdated level that could warrant you having to buy a new comp just to play the game...

^ Now that my example is stated, what computer, processor, and motherboard do you have? If either was in the market for too long to not see a faster computer w/ bigger specs, maybe your comp has reached the PEOL(Partial-end-of-Life)(meaning while the OS the comp runs with has not reached the EOL stage, some of said comp's components have) in terms of driver update support, and in order to get better drivers, you need to fork over a lot of $ for a new comp... If it's a new comp, then since there's no power factor here that could be addressed by some other computer, as that computer likely has the specs to handle the improved drivers w/o becoming a virtual brick, then try downloading them manually, and see how the computer works after... I'm so sorry that you had such a misfortune. Here's hoping your comp and/or components are not that old!

Ah, the heartbreak of having to do away with old device bygones... :(

Edited by Jammer87

Since the last update I haven't been able to play because when I open the game a pink screen pops up. I read that I needed to update my video drivers but my PC says there are no new drivers to install. Is there a solution to this situation?

Hey there!

If you are seeing a pink screen that pops up when you tried to boot up the game and you are unable to update your drivers to resolve the issue it could mean that your computer may no longer meet the minimum requirements. You can check out the minimum requirements by clicking this link here. If you are not sure you can always reach out to support by clicking the link in my signature and selecting the "Ask a Question" option. Steps on how to find your system information can be found here. Hope that helps!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sometimes, your PC's components(processors, motherboard, etc.), not the PC itself, get too old for any kind of updating of individual components such as drivers. 

Example: my old custom computer w/ a Dell processor made in 2005:

Before I replaced it when my hard drive failed, my computer could not download drivers from Dell's site because its processor and/or motherboard was released at a point that predated faster computers and devices that are too fast for my old comp to handle, and thus does not allow such driver updates to work w/o crashing the computer itself, due to the drivers being designed for more advanced processors/hardware than that of such outdated processor. 

^ If you can't update your drivers and your processor's age is in question, look up the manufacturer's website, look for your processor, and try downloading it using their utility. If your processor is absent from the list, then I'm afraid your computer may have hit the obsolete, past-gen, outdated level that could warrant you having to buy a new comp just to play the game...

^ Now that my example is stated, what computer, processor, and motherboard do you have? If either was in the market for too long to not see a faster computer w/ bigger specs, maybe your comp has reached the PEOL(Partial-end-of-Life)(meaning while the OS the comp runs with has not reached the EOL stage, some of said comp's components have) in terms of driver update support, and in order to get better drivers, you need to fork over a lot of $ for a new comp... If it's a new comp, then since there's no power factor here that could be addressed by some other computer, as that computer likely has the specs to handle the improved drivers w/o becoming a virtual brick, then try downloading them manually, and see how the computer works after... I'm so sorry that you had such a misfortune. Here's hoping your comp and/or components are not that old!

Ah, the heartbreak of having to do away with old device bygones... :(

Thanks for helping out a fellow trainer!  :)