Dialga GX - The best GX attack in the game?

Bittle21

First off, here are the stats:

Dialga-GX – Dragon – HP180

Basic Pokemon

[M] Clock Up: Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

[M][C][C] Shred: 80 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[M][M][M][C][C] Timeless GX: 150 damage. Once this turn is over, it’s your turn again. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)

Resistance: none

Retreat: 3

Yes the GX attack is expensive, but with all the acceleration support coming it's very viable. Thoughts?

I think we need an official ruling before judging this as we do not know the answers to so many questions such has does it skip the between turns? Is it an entirely new turn meaning you can play more supporters? Does it clash with pokemon ranger? I think we just have to little information on how this gx attack works

Edited by ahoodedman

If the above wording is correct, then most of those questions should be self evident.

I think we need an official ruling before judging this as we do not know the answers to so many questions such has does it skip the between turns? No Is it an entirely new turn meaning you can play more supporters? Yes Does it clash with pokemon ranger?Probably (i'd say 66% yes, unless I get stuff mixed up) I think we just have to little information on how this gx attack works

The attack clearly states that you end your turn and start a new turn, meaning that every part of a regular turn order(applying effects in between turns, drawing a card, being able to play a supporter, etc.) do apply here.

As for the card itself: It's certainly a strong Pokemon, but I wouldn't call it the best GX yet.

While the GX move can be powered quickly with the help of DCE and the likes of Metagross, or Sivally, the set-up might not be worth the benefit in the long run.

While a passive deck that utilizes Counter Catcher and Dialga to snack 4 prizes seems quite decent, I can't help but feel that this GX attack will turn into a “win more” type of attack, rather than something mandatory.

How would it clash with Pokemon Ranger?

We don't know if it would or not thats why we need an official ruling witch will will not get for a while.

I am going to assume that if you play a ranger it would not cancel out dialga's effect but no one really can be sure

We don't know if it would or not thats why we need an official ruling witch will will not get for a while.

I am going to assume that if you play a ranger it would not cancel out dialga's effect but no one really can be sure

As far as I know, playing Pokemon Ranger does not remove effects of an attack that have already been applied such as when Froakie's "bubble" has paralysed the opponent's active Pokemon. I don't see how this could be any different with the effect of Dialga's GX  attack.

PS: ahoodedman, time for another turn? could you please check PvP / Sun Moon League / 1st post on special event and let me know if you wanna join at your earliest convenience THX

I actually read ahoodedmans question as “What happens if I play Pokemon Ranger on my turn (i.e. to remove the effect on Glaceon EX) and then use the Dialga GX attack”.

• Upvote 1

How can you even play Ranger if you can't even get the turn to play it?

I think if you wanted to play it to get rid of an effect your opponent placed on you; for example, if last turn your opponent used espurr's perplexing eyes (the defending pokemon's weakness is psychic until the end of your next turn)