[CARD] - Sudowoodo (SM—Guardians Rising #66)/Alolan Muk (Sun & Moon #58) Interaction

Grimy-Bunyip

This has happened twice now, once to me and once to an opponent.

most recently the following happened:

Sky Field is in play.

I have 8 pokemon on my bench, including an alolan muk.

My opponent has a sudowoodo in play.

My opponent removes Sky Field. (with field blower, not parallel or anything along those lines)

I discard 3 pokemon from my bench, including alolan muk.

The game presumably checks basic pokemon abilities again, enabling sudowoodo again.

The game then asks me to discard 3 additional pokemon from my bench, leaving me with 2 pokemon left on the bench.

In a separate incident, where circumstances may have been slightly different, my opponent discarded down to 1 pokemon left on his bench.

Edited by Grimy-Bunyip

This has happened twice now, once to me and once to an opponent.

most recently the following happened:

Sky Field is in play.

I have 8 pokemon on my bench, including an alolan muk.

My opponent has a sudowoodo in play.

My opponent removes Sky Field. (with field blower, not parallel or anything along those lines)

I discard 3 pokemon from my bench, including alolan muk.

The game presumably checks basic pokemon abilities again, enabling sudowoodo again.

The game then asks me to discard 3 additional pokemon from my bench, leaving me with 2 pokemon left on the bench.

In a separate incident, where circumstances may have been slightly different, my opponent discarded down to 1 pokemon left on his bench.

Maybe I'm just not understanding correctly, but how did you have 8 pokemon on your bench while Sudowoodo was in play? I believe Sudowoodo's ability says to use the smaller number, so you could have only had 4 pokemon on your bench to begin with even if sky field was in play.

Maybe I'm just not understanding correctly, but how did you have 8 pokemon on your bench while Sudowoodo was in play? I believe Sudowoodo's ability says to use the smaller number, so you could have only had 4 pokemon on your bench to begin with even if sky field was in play.

Alolan Muk's Ability shuts down Abilities of all Basics.

Alolan Muk shuts off the Abilities of basic pokemon (e.g. Sudowoodo).  Once Muk was removed from the field, he should have been required to have 4 on his Bench, not the 2 the game required, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Grimy-Bunyip,

I have modified the title of your post for clarity. 

Do you have a log for this game, or have you run into an issue again?