Sign in to follow this  
MaSkullzOnFire

[CARD] Startling Megaphone (FlashFire #97) - Startling Megaphone Didn't Discard Focus Sash (Furious Fists #91).

MaSkullzOnFire

I was just in a game against somebody and when I used Startling Megaphone (FlashFire, 97/106) their Focus Sash (Furious Fists, 91/111) which was attached to one of their Primal Groudon's (Primal Clash, 151/160) didn't get discarded. I may have overlooked something by mistake but shouldn't Focus Sash have been discarded?

RobRatt

It's tiny print, but at the top of Primal Groudon, you'll see his "Barrier" Ancient Trait.  ...Trainer cards have no effect (except Tools and Stadiums).  It's this AT, where you can't Lysandre or Guzma up that beast, that makes the deck work.

• Upvote 1

MaSkullzOnFire

It's tiny print, but at the top of Primal Groudon, you'll see his "Barrier" Ancient Trait.  ...Trainer cards have no effect (except Tools and Stadiums).  It's this AT, where you can't Lysandre or Guzma up that beast, that makes the deck work.

Yeah, I just remembered the AT it has. It's an odd situation really because whilst Guzma and Lysandre affect opposing Pokémon, Startling Megaphone doesn't as it is used to affect tool cards.

graywh

Yeah, I just remembered the AT it has. It's an odd situation really because whilst Guzma and Lysandre affect opposing Pokémon, Startling Megaphone doesn't as it is used to affect tool cards.

It was ruled years ago that there's no such distinction.  There's a thread on pokegym dot net with an answer from PokePop himself.

Mod_Alder

Thanks everyone for the clarifications.

Mod_Jynthu

I have updated the title of this topic to be more descriptive. 

Sign in to follow this