why is this game so unfar have i done something wrong

yaymaster

well i am sure most of you already think i am some kind of newb player but i have almost perfect tcg decks( most based on recent winning decks at rl championships) but the tcg online seems to hate me for every time i get awful hands despite having champion winning decks and the game seems to hate all over for me for no reason like i draw nothing but energy cards and other things most versus matches it doesn't matter if my opponent  has a great deck or an awfull one the game keeps being over harsh i have these decks in real life and dont have the same problems so have i done something wrong does the tcg online punish you for things etc?

I once prized all 4 dce 2 games in a row (thats a less then 0.5% chance). It happens we all have bad luck sometimes there is nothing we can do to prevent it.

• Upvote 1

will you see you might have an outdated deck or playing the wrong deck in the wrong place some of those champion chip decks win because they counter the other decks 

• Upvote 1

PTCGO is heavy reliant on luck. You shouldn't give you the fault. It's the game itself. If you thought just the best player are winning this game, than you're wrong. Most games are a coin flip. You have to see, that every match is dependent on:

- the initial hand

- does the opponent get a dead hand, you can draw more cards?

- the coin flip on the beginning (for example: a 1-energy attacker hope to lose the coinflip, the 2-energy attacker needs every round it needs)

- the priced cards

- every draw like Sycamore

These are all RNGed elements and the only thing you can do, is to try to make your deck less reliant on luck (consistency), but let me say you: Even the best deck in the world (which isn't possible as good as in the video games, where you have influence in winning games) loses not rarely against noob decks. I designed often near perfect decks and have very random results. That's the card game, where matches are, whose not even god can beat whereas other matches can win a baby who click random on the screen.

Again to the points above: you see, that there are many factors which you can't influence. I am not rarely lose to loser which are using decks which are ****. really ****. If you want strategy or show that you're better (if you're better), thatn you have to play the video games.

• Upvote 1

What I have seen from experience IRL is that certain cards unintentionally end up bunched together. The PTCO does not use shuffling, it uses an RNG, so you could get any card in your deck off the topdeck, while IRL the card is already decided in effect, you just don't know what it is yet.

Steve Jobs was not kidding when he said: "We're making the Shuffle less random, to make it feel more random."

Humans are just bad at this in general.

And yes, anyone can have a bad day. One time, I had to Sycamore my Revitalisers in my Vesp deck before I realised that 3 of my 4 Combee were prized, and I failed to draw any of them from the prizes.

Another time, I went to attack with my Flareon, dug through about 10-15 cards and failed to get a DOC. Then off my opponent's N, I got 3 DOC. Too late.

Another time...

etc.

But these are all anecdotal, and should not be taken as a sign the RNG is wrong. On the contrary, it shows it's working correctly, since these did not occur consecutively.

In short, the RNG feels bad because it is too random, more random than any human can hope to be by shuffling a deck.

• Upvote 2

Let me just remind everyone that, as I've mentioned in other threads, the RNG is a myth. In programming randomness is simply not possible. All programs use a pattern; modern day RNGs just use a pattern that is far too complex for the human brain to compute on its own. You can see the truth of this at work if you look at older RNGs that the human brain COULD compute on its own. Look no further than the documentary on the gentlemen that deciphered the pattern used in the RNG for the 1980s game show Press Your Luck. You can find the documentary and the (two-part) episode of the game show itself on *******.

While the pattern used in PTCGO is obviously one of the more complex ones, the fact that it uses a pattern is still a bit of an achilles heel and you can see this in the bad hands you sometimes get. Bad hands are not always a result of this, but it does factor into some of the anomalies you are seeing.

In real life tcg championships, lots of coin flips are "manipulated".

I think I've seen maybe 1 person out of 500 actually use a coin to flip.

With clear dice (a mandatory rule), to prevent weighted problems, how exactly is this done?

Edited by RobRatt