Magnezone + Kingdra EX still viable with the new support cards?

chapucito

Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried Magnezone + Kingdra EX (from Fates Collide)?

I don't have the Kingdras yet, but I was thinking that Clemont + Fisherman + VS Seekers can make an outstanding charge for the kingdras.

The Kingdras do 60 + 30 damage for each basic Lightning energy attached (starting with 1 Water and 3 randome nergies that will of course be lightning).

Any thoughts about this idea?

I don't have the Kingdras yet  <snip>

Any thoughts about this idea?

I think if you send me a friend request, I can give you the Kingdra EX to try it out.

I tried it a little bit (I ran mew from fates as a non ex attacker) it was not bad however there was a big problem. I ust couldn't get it to be better then pikachu-ex(the one that lets you discard X lighting energy for 50 each)/magnezone it just has far more damage output and consistency

I think if you send me a friend request, I can give you the Kingdra EX to try it out.

Thank you! I will add you as soon as I get home!

@ahoodedman

I was thinking about the Kingdra vs Pikachu comparison. They should be close in consistency, because pika discards all its energies, making you use Fisherman as main Supporter. Kingdra keeps the energies, letting you charge consistently and packing more drawpower. You can also pack Energy Pouch and in Expanded we still got Shaymins.

The build would have to change a lot between Standard and Expanded if I'm correct...