All new decks: Crimson Invasion

SuperStone

Today, I'm looking through the entire set an listing any ideas I have- including ones I've already fought against, and ones that are just plain terrible. :) I'm ranking them out of five.

• Koko promo/Milotic win condition shenanigan: just keep shuffling their pokemon back until they use all their supporter cards and, if only for one turn, can't play a pokemon and lose. Estimated quality: 1
  • Kartan4: run a one-of or two-of in a metagross deck, just as an engamer to take the last prize. Estimated quality: 4
  • Guzzlord on it's own, with mostly energy in deck. Power up with first attack. 3
  • Guzzlord in Expanded, as a 2-of in Yveltal/Darkrai. Use patches. 5
  • Gourgeist in expanded, as a 3-3 in Tool Drop. 3
  • Gnawing Curse gengar/creep show gengar, with something in front to stall. 2
  • Cinccino: just because. I already love that attack. :P 1
  • Lando- er, Buzzwole: run it for bulk. I don't think it'll synergize very well. 2
  • Beedrill/seviper: use kakuna for water duplicat- er, Multiply. Use seviper for poison increase. Only use the first attack, and keep a supply of devo spray. Also, maybe try sea of nothingness... 2
  • Alolan Marowak/fire decks: run it instead of minivolcs or Turt. It doesn't do damage, but boy is it efficient.
  • Nassy: use DDE, Dice, and training dumbells to do damage and keep it coming. 3
  • Aggron/some self-damager: find a way to use that first attack. 2
  • Niheligo: does it need explination? Run four, elixers, and float stones- and lots of Acerola- and keep that confusion/poison coming, with the attack stopping retreat. 5
  • Regis: this was obviously intended, and obviously intended to be bad. But use it anyway! :) 2
  • Salazzle/seviper: biiiiiig poison. 3
  • Silvally: run it as a 2-of in any deck with basics. 4

​Those are what I found. Feel free to add on!

Edited by SuperStone
  • Upvote 1

Today, I'm looking through the entire set an listing any ideas I have- including ones I've already fought against, and ones that are just plain terrible. :) I'm ranking them out of five.

• Koko promo/Milotic win condition shenanigan: just keep shuffling their pokemon back until they use all their supporter cards and, if only for one turn, can't play a pokemon and lose. Estimated quality: 1
  • Kartan4: run a one-of or two-of in a metagross deck, just as an engamer to take the last prize. Estimated quality: 4
  • Guzzlord on it's own, with mostly energy in deck. Power up with first attack. 3
  • Guzzlord in Expanded, as a 2-of in Yveltal/Darkrai. Use patches. 5
  • Gourgeist in expanded, as a 3-3 in Tool Drop. 3
  • Gnawing Curse gengar/creep show gengar, with something in front to stall. 2
  • Cinccino: just because. I already love that attack. :P 1
  • Lando- er, Buzzwole: run it for bulk. I don't think it'll synergize very well. 2
  • Beedrill/seviper: use kakuna for water duplicat- er, Multiply. Use seviper for poison increase. Only use the first attack, and keep a supply of devo spray. Also, maybe try sea of nothingness... 2
  • Alolan Marowak/fire decks: run it instead of minivolcs or Turt. It doesn't do damage, but boy is it efficient.
  • Nassy: use DDE, Dice, and training dumbells to do damage and keep it coming. 3
  • Aggron/some self-damager: find a way to use that first attack. 2
  • Niheligo: does it need explination? Run four, elixers, and float stones- and lots of Acerola- and keep that confusion/poison coming, with the attack stopping retreat. 5
  • Regis: this was obviously intended, and obviously intended to be bad. But use it anyway! :) 2
  • Salazzle/seviper: biiiiiig poison. 3
  • Silvally: run it as a 2-of in any deck with basics. 4

​Those are what I found. Feel free to add on!

Good list! I will try some of the combos :)

Yesterday I played against (twice) a water duplicates Kakuna-EVO Beedrill-Pheromosa deck which was not bad.

I'd also add Shining Celebi-CRI Mamoswine to the list. Not exactly amazing, but it's an interesting deck. If you evolve your Mamoswine from BKT Piloswine then you can do quite a nice amount of damage with Gathering Footsteps. (And obviously use CRI Swinub as that one has 3 retreat cost.) It works with BKT Mamoswine as well obviously, but the extra HP is nice plus I prefer the metal weakness.