M gyarados deck

RakdosRiotLord

I have had some success with this deck after some tunning advice from the forum. however the deck is very weak to alolan ninetails and carbink. and kinda struggles to draw. what can i change.

pokemon

4x M Gyarados ex

4x Gyarados ex

4x Palkia ex

4x Manaphy ex

2x manaphy (blessings)

Trainer

3  Hypnotoxic laser

2 dive ball

3 max elixir

4 vs seeker

4 rough seas

4 n

4 sycamore

2 pokemon fan club

4 gyarados spirit link

14 water energy

-----------------------------------------------------------------

so im thinking about adding 2 hex maniacs and 2

oranguru. or should it be 4 hex maniac

subtracting hypnotoxic laser etc

Edited by RakdosRiotLord

Hi there,

I thought someone more experienced in deck-building would have answered you by now, but since no one did I will try to give you some input. Just to say that more valuable advice may be provided later on by a true "deck doctor"  :lol:

First, I see that your deck is an expanded one and cannot be played in the standard format, as it includes cards that have rotated out : VS seeker and rough sees... Therefore, if you like to play in the expanded format keep in mind that you have a wider choice of cards, often with very powerful effect, such as Colress, Ghetsis and Ace Specs (e.g. "computer search", "dowsing machine" etc...) just to name a few. You should definitely check those and consider adding some.

Second, regarding your Pokemon lines, you hardly ever need a 4-4 line of M Gyarados EX, I would stick to a 3-3 line or a 4-3 line if you want to be on the safe side in case you prize 2 Gyarados EX. (similarly you should be OK with 3 spirit links). 2 Manaphy EX is enough as it is a bench sitter which is there to provide free retreat and you hardly ever need to attack with it. Also, since Palkia EX is not meant to be your main attacker you could leave one, maybe two, out. With the space  created you can now add:

- a GX , such as Tapu Fini GX, to give you the option of using a GX attack during your game;

- a non-EX/GX secondary attacker such as Alolan Ninetales that is immune to attacks from EXs/GXs or the new Keldeo from shining legends which can punish opponents who overextend on their bench with "resolute blade" (20 + 20 for each benched Pokemon)

I would leave manaphy out as I don't think you can afford another bench sitter. If you feel that you don't have enough healing with Manaphy EX and rough seas you could add a supporter (Lana or Pokemon Centre Lady) to that effect.

Third, regarding your trainer cards, I would definitely add more item cards to search your Pokemon out (instead of having 2 Pokemon Fan club): Ultra ball is  a must (minimum 3) and I would go for 3 if not 4 dive balls. This way you can use your supporter for the turn in order to draw cards especially that you don' t run support pokemon like Shaymin-EX or Octillery to draw. (you should btw strongly consider adding a 1-1 Octillery line or 1 Oranguru). 

4 Hex Maniac is way too much, 2 is enough as you can recycle them with VS seeker. Add one or 2 Colress instead and 1 or 2 Lysandre/Guzma which you may need at a certain point of the game.

Finally, I don't know if Hypno lasers are very important to you but Aqua patch is too strong in water decks to just pass on them.

I hope this helps a bit

• Upvote 2

this is my expanded list 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 11
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Gyarados-EX BKP 123
* 3 M Gyarados-EX BKP 27
* 1 Lapras-GX SUM 151
* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32
##Trainer Cards - 36
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 1 Switch SUM 132
* 3 Gyarados Spirit Link BKP 101
* 4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 N FCO 105
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
##Energy - 13
* 12 Water Energy  3
* 1 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

with this list aqua patch and mega turbo insure that  I get a fully charged mega gyarados  up and running by turn  2   if you cant afford the leles use shaymin-ex instead

• Upvote 1

here are the changes i made before reading all this.

4 palkia ex- i think its so important as a 4 of just to make sure you find the thing fast (maybe thats my mtg talking)

4 gyarados ex

4 m gyarados ex

2 manaphy ex

2 manaphy

4 max elixer

2 hex maniac

4 prof sycamore

4 n

2 dive ball

4 vs seeker

4 rough seas

2 pokemon fan club

4 gyarados spirit link

14 water energy

so far the decks played great but I am taking all of you changes into consideration

specifically more items and possible shaymins.

dropping the links and gyarados

, add aqua patch.  add a gx.

should i add disruption
?

if you want more disruption add another guzma mega gyarados is a beatdown deck utilizing overwhelming attack power to one shot everything your opponent plays so do not bother with any flare grunts hammers or delinquents they will disrupt the flow of the deck