I need help with my new deck!

KingKazama0701

Ok so basically I'm new to the Pokémon tcg but I've always been a fan of the game and everything but I wanted to get into the tcg so I did a lot of research and modified one of the favorite decks I saw, the gardevoir gx deck that won the Japan championship. I'd like to learn some tricks and stuff and help making and modifying this deck along with strategies to use this deck and strategies against the metagross gx/ necrozma gx deck and the buluvika deck and the the volcanion deck etc. thx for the help!!!????

Pokémon(19)

Ralts(4)

Kirlia(3)

Gardevoir-Gx(4)

Diancie(2)

Remoraid(1)

Octillery(1)

Eevee 101/149 (2)

Sylveon-Gx(2)

Trainers(27)

Energy Recycler(3)

Rare candy(3)

Ultra ******)

Vs seeker(4)

Escape rope(1)

Fairy garden(1)

N(3)

Sycamore(3)

Hex maniac(2)

Lysandre(1)

Guzma(1)

Bridgette(1)

Energy(14)

DCE(4)

Fairy energy(10)

I want to enter my first tournament this year so I'm hoping to get kind of far. Also, I don't think that many energy recyclers are necessary because I added more energy to the original deck because whenever I watched people play with this deck energy was always their main problem. I also don't know if you are allowed to switch some cards during the tournament but if I'm allowed I want to but in 2 weakness poilicy's against a metagross gx deck and take out an ultra ball with an energy recycler. If that is allowed I also want to trade out fairy garden and 1 ultra ball for two float stones if I'm up against another fairy deck. I don't try to use tape lele in his deck because it's ability is only a one time thing and only for a supporter but with sylveon it does any three cards every turn and then with fairy garden or the float stone you can switch between them and the gardevoir. To me the gallade also doesn't seem very necessary because you could put another gardevoir down too and do more damage. Sorry this got really long and there's more but I'll stop here and if you read this far thanx so much!!!

Edited by KingKazama0701

Gallade is in standard Gardevoir decks because its Premonition ability synergizes with Abyssal Hand. It also gives you a reliable out to baby Alolan Ninetales.

You're missing another staple card in Field Blower. Each deck needs to run at least 2 in order to remove opposing Fighting Fury Belts, Float Stones from Garbotoxin Garbodor, etc. The latter is especially important because you're rather reliant on abilities to help get set up. Remove the Energy Recylers for 2 Field Blowers; also, add in Rescue Stretcher and/or Super Rod to recover Pokemon as well. You can't rely on Twilight for recovery all the time, as you can only use it once per game.

Regardless of the one-time use of Lele, its ability adds consistency to your deck. Need to get your bench set up early? Get Brigette. Need to KO an EX/GX for game or KO a Pokemon before it becomes a problem later on? Guzma is your man. Need a new hand? Get Sycamore or N depending on both players' hand sizes and whether you'd rather keep cards you might need later. Want to bail out a critically damaged Pokemon? Acerola is there. Not only are Lele's Supporter-searching abilities phenomenal, it's also a decent attacker.

Make this deck standard. This means removing Hex Maniac and Lysandre, as Ancient Origins is rotated out. Max out on the Sycamores and Ns as they're the best draw supporters in the current format.

Edited by PlatinumDude

Btw don't use Brigette if you don't use Lele. First-turn Brigette is nice but after that Brigette's value diminishes as you need to focus on getting ahead, and that means drawing as many cards as you can.

Choice Band is also in almost every meta deck nowadays to nail those OHKOes against EX/GX easier.

Thank you guys for the help! But should I get rid of the eevee and sylveon or just make room for lele?

You use Sylveon alongside the Lele. Pablo Meza won the Vancouver regionals with the Gardevoir/Sylveon deck. And yes, he used Lele in it, just like 99% of standard decks.

Edited by PlatinumDude

If I was looking for ideas, for what is considered one of the top "meta decks," I'd try experimenting with cards and strategies that have been winning.  Everyone has their unique play style, and cards they prefer, but...

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/

You can also find these championship results by clicking the Attend Events button at the top of this page.

Edited by RobRatt

Ok so taking ur guys advice I came up with a new deck. How is it?

Pokemon (21)

Ralts(4)

Kirlia(3)

Gardevoir-Gx(3)

Gallade(1)

Diancie(2)

Remoraid(1)

Octillery(1)

Eevee 101/149 (2)

Sylveon (2)

Tapu lele (2)

Trainers (26)

Choice band(1)

Rare candy(3)

Ultra ball(2)

Vs seeker(4)

Field blower(2)

Escape rope(1)

Fairy garden(1)

N(4)

Sycamore(4)

Guzma(1)

Bridgette(1)

Rescue stretcher(1)

Acerola(1)

Energy (13)

DCE(4)

Fairy energy(9)

Edited by KingKazama0701

Also about the switching cards during the tournament, is that allowed?

In the game, I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

In real life, absolutely not.  You turn in your deck list in the morning, and if you swap out cards, it's an automatic disqualification.

If you want to play a tournament in the standard format you also need to remove the 4 copies of VS seeker.

Add 2 Ultra Ball (4 total is a must) and 1 or 2 choice band.

Also consider adding 1 or 2 Guzma (remove maybe 1 escape rope and 1 fairy garden)

Oh ok you

Since the tournament you're planning appears to be your first, I'd recommend you have a "deck check" done, which is usually optional.  They do a mandatory deck check before the Finals.  A young friend of mine was disqualified from the Top Cut a while back when he winged it, and his deck didn't match what was on paper.

If I go up against a metagross gx am I basically done for unless I use a weakness policy or something like that

Every deck has a weakness.  A lot of times, you just can't worry about it.  If you come up against one, just go for the quick start and pound their Basics.

(1)  Matchups are random, and you can't account for every contingency.

(2)  The best strategy is to, "Do what your deck does, and do it well."

(3)  Very doubtful if you'll see many Metagross in the Finals.  The Volcanion variants will have wiped them out.

Edited by RobRatt

New modifications to the deck how is it now?

Pokemon (21)

Ralts(4)

Kirlia(3)

Gardevoir-Gx(3)

Gallade(1)

Diancie(2)

Remoraid(1)

Octillery(1)

Eevee 101/149 (2)

Sylveon (2)

Tapu lele (2)

Trainers (26)

Choice band(1)

Rare candy(3)

Ultra ball(4)

Field blower(2)

Escape rope(1)

Fairy garden(2)

N(4)

Sycamore(4)

Guzma(1)

Bridgette(1)

Rescue stretcher(2)

Acerola(1)

Energy (13)

DCE(4)

Fairy energy(9)

Also I’m wondering if I should add a wishful baron because that’s 90 damage for gardevoir right there if one of your other Pokémon gets knocked out

Edited by KingKazama0701

No, Baton will not help you. It can't recover DOC, and getting 3 Basic Energy on one Garde is unlikely. Not only that, but it also means you can't use Choice Band.

I would only play 7-8 Basic Fairy, top-level consensus appears to be 8.

Is Fairy Garden needed? Float Stone is a lot easier to use.

3-4 Guzma are needed-target down the right Pokémon, or you'll just get wiped out by an opponent. Plus, the switching effect can be situationally helpful too.

Only 1 CB? More!

1 Diancie should be plenty.

Best of luck!

Edited by theotherguytm

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, how does this look now?

Pokemon (21)
Ralts(4)
Kirlia(3)
Gardevoir-Gx(3)
Gallade(1)
Diancie(2)
Remoraid(1)
Octillery(1)
Eevee 101/149 (2)
Sylveon (2)
Tapu lele (2)

Trainers (27)
Choice band(2)
Rare candy(3)
Ultra ball(4)
Field blower(2)
Escape rope(1)
Fairy garden(2)
N(3)
Sycamore(3)
Guzma(3)
Bridgette(1)
Rescue stretcher(2)
Acerola(1)

Energy (12)
DCE(4)
Fairy energy(8)

​Also, what are some good tactics to use against Volcainion and Metagross deck?

Ok, how does this look now?

Pokemon (21)

Ralts(4)

Kirlia(3)

Gardevoir-Gx(3)

Gallade(1)

Diancie(2)

Remoraid(1)

Octillery(1)

Eevee 101/149 (2)

Sylveon (2)

Tapu lele (2)

Trainers (27)

Choice band(2)

Rare candy(3)

Ultra ball(4)

Field blower(2)

Escape rope(1)

Fairy garden(2)

N(3)

Sycamore(3)

Guzma(3)

Bridgette(1)

Rescue stretcher(2)

Acerola(1)

Energy (12)

DCE(4)

Fairy energy(8)

​Also, what are some good tactics to use against Volcainion and Metagross deck?

Also, some tactics to use against alolan ninetailes decks