Sign in to follow this  
TheLegend-PR

The future of this game

TheLegend-PR

Hello PTCGO Staff

I have a couple things that I would like to suggest to you guys in order to make this game better.

Bringing back the chat

Taking the chat out was a huge mistake in my opinion. Dont know if you guys are working on a new design or maybe a better and improve chat but we need one for the ladder it takes away the human part of this game it feels like I'm playing against a robot. Sure some players might use the chat in game to bully or insult players but is something that can be fix by using the report/mute buttom also blocking helps.

​The ladder rewards

I remember when you use to know what was all the way up in the ladder. I notice that you can't anymore. I honestly think this is some kind of efford to force player to grind the ladder but please guys if you are going to make this 2k point ladders make it worth it.

Don't put cards like Steelix Ex and FA skyla following the mediocre evolution chains that have no use whats so ever in the current standard or expanded format

How about putting cards that people will like to have cards that decks can be made out of like for example

Plasma

Lugia EX

Genesec EX

Thundurus EX

Darkrai EX

Jirachi Ex

Groundon EX

and,again this are just some honorable mentions because the list goes on. Same goes for supporters honestly in the pass I seen some good ladders with some really good rewards that are worth grinding all the way to the top but this last one is just not worth it not even the packs because Bush is not really a great set. 

Sadra

1. I agree that the chat needs to be recovered as there is no interaction anymore. Personally, I do not really care about a few salty players I just ignore them. However, the chat will not be brought back as the devs already admitted that the trolls won. There is nothing you can do.

2. For the ladder, sometimes its good, sometimes its bad. Anyway, the FA card of the ladder will be visible in the PTGO homepage after a few days, you can check it and see whether it is worth it. 

• Upvote 1

EpicShonenGuy

I only disagree with your last statement BuS is a great set and it's worth the ladder.

• Upvote 1

theotherguytm

Genesect and Virizon were on the ladder a short while ago, as was FA Sycamore.

Yes, you get bad ladders.

But you can't have good ladders every month.

And even so, there's somebody out there who loves Steelix and now has some Steelix EX for their deck.

You just can't please everyone...

And yes, bring back the chat.

See:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/46559-please-dont-can-the-chat/

for 24 pages of requests for the chat to return.

• Upvote 2

Eden2902

Genesect and Virizon were on the ladder a short while ago, as was FA Sycamore.

Yes, you get bad ladders.

But you can't have good ladders every month.

And even so, there's somebody out there who loves Steelix and now has some Steelix EX for their deck.

You just can't please everyone...

And yes, bring back the chat.

See:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/46559-please-dont-can-the-chat/

for 24 pages of requests for the chat to return.

The ladder rewards were bad for weeks. The last good was with volcanion-ex. The others I played just for the boosters / token.

The chat: It's so stupid to close the chat option in a game that lives with it's community. Beside the many downside of the not-well-designed PTCGO it's mostly fun to chat with other members of the community. Especially after a good match I wish to say, that the opponent has good played, maybe I would say that this or that was good. I don't want to make a request for friends to say that. It's absolutely stupid and you have the option to block guys who are going on your nerves AND it's an absolute no-go, that a few people who are impolite, can harm the majority of the game. Really? In my opinion the devs are just too lazy to overwatch the chat option.

UselessEX

The ladder rewards were bad for weeks. The last good was with volcanion-ex. The others I played just for the boosters / token.

The chat: It's so stupid to close the chat option in a game that lives with it's community. Beside the many downside of the not-well-designed PTCGO it's mostly fun to chat with other members of the community. Especially after a good match I wish to say, that the opponent has good played, maybe I would say that this or that was good. I don't want to make a request for friends to say that. It's absolutely stupid and you have the option to block guys who are going on your nerves AND it's an absolute no-go, that a few people who are impolite, can harm the majority of the game. Really? In my opinion the devs are just too lazy to overwatch the chat option.

manaphy ex??not to forget some expended cards like virizon i know you are not an expended player but many are expended players

and if you dont know we lost the chat noone is sure why all we know is (the trolls won) -_-

RobRatt

<snip> In my opinion the devs are just too lazy to overwatch the chat option.

You realize that The Pokémon Company (bottom line) is doing this to make money, right?  I'm thankful for the free stuff they throw our way, but am mindful of their perspective.

How many employees at $50,000, $60,000, or more a year (plus vacations and benefits) do you think they should dedicate to monitoring angry teens who don't know how to interact with others?

Even if this was a Free system, and you were running it, would you enjoy this task?  Are there any volunteers?

EDIT:  Still, it would be very nice if they could expand the current options in Chat.

Edited by RobRatt

Roy_DM

You realize that The Pokémon Company (bottom line) is doing this to make money, right?  I'm thankful for the free stuff they throw our way, but am mindful of their perspective.

For this same reason they shouldnt have mute everyone. "There are trolls using the chat, well, im doing this for the money, so block them or dont play"

But they choosed to "oh my god! trolls in a massive online game! lets make sure nobody can talk anymore!"

Eden2902

How many employees at $50,000, $60,000, or more a year (plus vacations and benefits) do you think they should dedicate to monitoring angry teens who don't know how to interact with others?

Even if this was a Free system, and you were running it, would you enjoy this task?  Are there any volunteers?

EDIT:  Still, it would be very nice if they could expand the current options in Chat.

I really really doubt, that The Pokemon Company for PTCGO is more than giving their name. I mean: ALL games von The Pokemon Company are excellent, even Pokemon TV for Gamecube ;)

But PTCGO is not more like a beta and MANY things that the community mentioned and whose are not very difficult to integrate, are simply ignored. That's definetely not The Pokemon Company. It's just a homepage that uses the name for trying to give us a online version of TCG. I believe, that if The Pokemon Company really would know, what they do with PTCGO, they would be very angry. Pokemon is E-Sport which LIVES from the community. Pokemon brings together (see regionials). But in here it is so much done to scare players away that I really doubt, that this is in the meaning of The Pokemon Company.

Sadra

I really really doubt, that The Pokemon Company for PTCGO is more than giving their name. I mean: ALL games von The Pokemon Company are excellent, even Pokemon TV for Gamecube ;)

But PTCGO is not more like a beta and MANY things that the community mentioned and whose are not very difficult to integrate, are simply ignored. That's definetely not The Pokemon Company. It's just a homepage that uses the name for trying to give us a online version of TCG. I believe, that if The Pokemon Company really would know, what they do with PTCGO, they would be very angry. Pokemon is E-Sport which LIVES from the community. Pokemon brings together (see regionials). But in here it is so much done to scare players away that I really doubt, that this is in the meaning of The Pokemon Company.

I believe that, in my opinion, pokemon is already TOO BIG to care for every customer. The incentive of the company is to make money and every decision they make will be based on risk and profit analysis. If the drawbacks outweigh the benefits (from their aspect), they will regard it as acceptable losses and kill or hold the decision. Allow me to speak it in a cruel way,  no company geniunely cares for customers, they only care because we are the end users and bring them money.  

Of course, pokemon has brought me happiness and I am grateful for what is has achieved today, but this is really the sad truth. 

Edited by Sadra

Eden2902

I believe that, in my opinion, pokemon is already TOO BIG to care for every customer. The incentive of the company is to make money and every decision they make will be based on risk and profit analysis. If the drawbacks outweigh the benefits (from their aspect), they will regard it as acceptable losses and kill or hold the decision. Allow me to speak it in a cruel way,  no company geniunely cares for customers, they only care because we are the end users and bring them money.  

Of course, pokemon has brought me happiness and I am grateful for what is has achieved today, but this is really the sad truth. 

That's the reason why PTCGO is so bad. If you compare it with the game boy version of the TCG you will see, that you compare carrots with diamonds... Really, there is such a huge difference, that it is impossible, that The Pokemon Company is interested in the future of PTCGO.

In the past, TPC sure wanted to make profit with PTCGO and give the responsibility for that the devs (our gods). But they don't give PTCGO the "Pokemon-touch", they develop a very simply, ugly-looking beta, that TRY to feel as close as possible like the real game. Server-issues, ignorance of community-wishes and improvements-suggests come down to a 08/15 online-game that show you the name "Pokemon", but there is not really much Pokemon inside. I am very sad, that The Pokemon Company give it's name for such a bad website. The only reason, why people play this (including me) is, that there is no alternative. Sadly the TCG on Gameboy ends with Pokemon Trading Card Game 2 and this was just developed for Japan. If the would make a version for 3DS with the quality of the Game Boy version, nearly nobody would play it here.

And yes, you're right. They care of wishes proportional to the profit they can make. The editions on Game Boy (Sun/Moon atm) are making great profit, so they are very good (infinite better than PTCGO), but on PTCGO there is no real option to make profit (just idiots buy those tickets...), so they have the costs (server, people, ...), but nearly no profit, else no incentive to control what the devs make. The devs itself are going the way with the smallest needed effort. It hurts extremely to disable chat in a pokemon-game. On Pokemon Showdown it works, why not here? Everyone can mute, so there isn't a problem. But they don't want problems, else don't want to watch. But:

Who watches the watchmen? ^^

I see it clear how it goes:

The Pokemon Company to the devs: "How is the profit this month?"

The devs: "6 dollar sales, 4.000 dollar for personal, 50 dollar for coffee, 1.000 dollar rental for the rooms, 2.000 dollar for extra hours (to correct those infinite glitches), so we burn money of more than 7.000 dollar :) "

The Pokemon Company: "Any opportunities to improve that?"

The devs: "no, we do what we can. We really love the community and do everything for them. For example we designed a new end of the battle screen. Else we were not asked for it, but we are benevolent and give things for a better game play. So, there is nothing we can improve"

The Pokemon Company: "Good boys! Maybe next month :) "

:D

Edited by Eden2902

BoggLorD

i asked my local psychic to look into her crystal ball to foresee the future of ptcgo... 

it was rather grim images that appeared

Edited by BoggLorD

JASP01

Honestly it really surprises me how much it hasn't taken off and it's quite frankly just poor execution.

They need to hire someone better to overlook the entire direction of operations for the game. I dont think they have decent goals which hinders both the community and company.

A long time ago I played this game (I started when Team Plasma cards were still a thing, dont remember the exact expansion) and I quit shortly after Phantom Forces came out. All the way until very recently right around when Burning Shadows came out.

So what made me come back?

Quite frankly no other choice. I played Hearthstone for a couple of long years and swore up and down by it. I joined partially into Goblins vs Gnomes and I loved it ever since. Until recently. The balance of the game became far too atrocious with Druids for over a month having over a 65% winrate and the only other real deck you'd see was Priest deck variants. I got too annoyed and as someone who peaked Rank 2 with extremely off meta, way out there, decks I was upset that there was 0 room for breaking the meta anymore. So I came back.

And it's a great game! "Wait you mean that I can legitimately win with any type? That even the best of the best decks can still be beaten by more than one deck, and that there's all sorts of ways to experiment?" This didn't exist in Hearthstone and I missed it.

Sure there's Eternal and Shadowverse but quite frankly I have 0 attraction to any of the characters there. I like Warcraft characters and I like Pokemon characters. Yu-Gi-Oh decided to go full stupid and removed the online version of the game, Dueling Network, that was entirely fan based and costed the company nothing while promoting the game for them. Idk why they did that but it was a nice meme I'll tell you that.

So I came back, and after playing a game made strictly for profit, where they're forced to make innovative features, I realized a few things were kind of lacking in this one.

1) MAKE A SPECTATOR MODE. I've streamed for friends so they can see what I'm doing when they're curious, and that is cool don't get me wrong. But I shouldn't -have- to start up Open Broadcasting Software and stream to Twitch just so a friend can see what I'm doing. This absolutely needs to be a thing.

2) Let us mark cards we're not interested in trading. It's aggravating looking through Public Trade Offers to see 1000000 offers for my Tapu Lele. I don't care to trade it. Neither do I care to trade some of my other cards. Let me put them on some sort of blacklist so they don't pop up, so I can actually seek out trades I'm looking for more easily. This will make it easier for this game's equivalent of an Auction House to thrive even more, which if you want more players, surely helps.

3) This game is obviously about the community. You can play it for free and I highly doubt they're making a profit; if it is one, it's not by much. It could be deemed as advertising for the IRL packs sure, but even then, it's clear a massive part is for the community. But here's the thing. The community has wants, has desires. And quite frankly those wants and desires cost money. The company has to realize they need to work towards profits so they can in turn give the community what it wants. We have a demand, let us pay you for what you can supply us with. We want to.

So sell us cards. Sell us the packs. Whether or not you want them to be Trade Locked is up to the company. But sell us them. And make them a reasonable price.

Quite frankly this game could pull in a MASSIVE amount of people and make a HUGE amount of money-- without looking greedy or putting Pokemon in a bad perspective at all, while bolstering the community and making people happier.

I'm not the only one who's frustrated from games like Hearthstone; people want a good online card game to play! You can pull in a lot of people but new people want a fast ticket in. Let us buy! And here's the thing-- you dont have to charge high prices at all. You could sell them pretty cheaply and people would be happy.

4) Tournament tickets should also be sold way, way, way more cheaply. The prices for those are a complete joke and need to be overhauled, even -if- they lead to tradeable cards. The fact that Hearthstone's Arena costs look extremely cheap in comparison is really, really sad.

5) Put chat back in, have good moderators, and tone down the censor because it is way too strict. There's been so many times I've had posts randomly censored when not a single word was anywhere close to something bad at all. Its made trading harder at times. Just pay people a decent amount to moderate the chat and such. We want to be able to talk more easily.

6) Advertise this game more. It looks like it's swept under the rug and honestly it's clear why with quite a few of these things gone. You want faster packs? You have to go to sites that sell pack codes (if you dont care to buy IRL packs) that while are completely legitimate and awesome, look kind of sketchy. You want to chat? Watch as random posts get censored. You get a Tapu Lele? Watch as Public Trades become nearly impossible to use at times when you have to scroll through 100 offers you just dont care about. You want to watch what a friend is doing? They have to screen share on Discord or use Twitch because there's no Spectator Mode.

Give us these features and then when it looks like a prettier game -advertise it-. You're Pokemon, people love you! If you clean this game up you could pull a major PR stunt that looks awesome for your game.

And then everyone wins. Everyone is happy.

Edited by JASP01

MysterQ

Honestly it really surprises me how much it hasn't taken off and it's quite frankly just poor execution.

They need to hire someone better to overlook the entire direction of operations for the game. I dont think they have decent goals which hinders both the community and company.

A long time ago I played this game (I started when Team Plasma cards were still a thing, dont remember the exact expansion) and I quit shortly after Phantom Forces came out. All the way until very recently right around when Burning Shadows came out.

So what made me come back?

Quite frankly no other choice. I played Hearthstone for a couple of long years and swore up and down by it. I joined partially into Goblins vs Gnomes and I loved it ever since. Until recently. The balance of the game became far too atrocious with Druids for over a month having over a 65% winrate and the only other real deck you'd see was Priest deck variants. I got too annoyed and as someone who peaked Rank 2 with extremely off meta, way out there, decks I was upset that there was 0 room for breaking the meta anymore. So I came back.

And it's a great game! "Wait you mean that I can legitimately win with any type? That even the best of the best decks can still be beaten by more than one deck, and that there's all sorts of ways to experiment?" This didn't exist in Hearthstone and I missed it.

Sure there's Eternal and Shadowverse but quite frankly I have 0 attraction to any of the characters there. I like Warcraft characters and I like Pokemon characters. Yu-Gi-Oh decided to go full stupid and removed the online version of the game, Dueling Network, that was entirely fan based and costed the company nothing while promoting the game for them. Idk why they did that but it was a nice meme I'll tell you that.

So I came back, and after playing a game made strictly for profit, where they're forced to make innovative features, I realized a few things were kind of lacking in this one.

1) MAKE A SPECTATOR MODE. I've streamed for friends so they can see what I'm doing when they're curious, and that is cool don't get me wrong. But I shouldn't -have- to start up Open Broadcasting Software and stream to Twitch just so a friend can see what I'm doing. This absolutely needs to be a thing.

2) Let us mark cards we're not interested in trading. It's aggravating looking through Public Trade Offers to see 1000000 offers for my Tapu Lele. I don't care to trade it. Neither do I care to trade some of my other cards. Let me put them on some sort of blacklist so they don't pop up, so I can actually seek out trades I'm looking for more easily. This will make it easier for this game's equivalent of an Auction House to thrive even more, which if you want more players, surely helps.

3) This game is obviously about the community. You can play it for free and I highly doubt they're making a profit; if it is one, it's not by much. It could be deemed as advertising for the IRL packs sure, but even then, it's clear a massive part is for the community. But here's the thing. The community has wants, has desires. And quite frankly those wants and desires cost money. The company has to realize they need to work towards profits so they can in turn give the community what it wants. We have a demand, let us pay you for what you can supply us with. We want to.

So sell us cards. Sell us the packs. Whether or not you want them to be Trade Locked is up to the company. But sell us them. And make them a reasonable price.

Quite frankly this game could pull in a MASSIVE amount of people and make a HUGE amount of money-- without looking greedy or putting Pokemon in a bad perspective at all, while bolstering the community and making people happier.

I'm not the only one who's frustrated from games like Hearthstone; people want a good online card game to play! You can pull in a lot of people but new people want a fast ticket in. Let us buy! And here's the thing-- you dont have to charge high prices at all. You could sell them pretty cheaply and people would be happy.

4) Tournament tickets should also be sold way, way, way more cheaply. The prices for those are a complete joke and need to be overhauled, even -if- they lead to tradeable cards. The fact that Hearthstone's Arena costs look extremely cheap in comparison is really, really sad.

5) Put chat back in, have good moderators, and tone down the censor because it is way too strict. There's been so many times I've had posts randomly censored when not a single word was anywhere close to something bad at all. Its made trading harder at times. Just pay people a decent amount to moderate the chat and such. We want to be able to talk more easily.

6) Advertise this game more. It looks like it's swept under the rug and honestly it's clear why with quite a few of these things gone. You want faster packs? You have to go to sites that sell pack codes (if you dont care to buy IRL packs) that while are completely legitimate and awesome, look kind of sketchy. You want to chat? Watch as random posts get censored. You get a Tapu Lele? Watch as Public Trades become nearly impossible to use at times when you have to scroll through 100 offers you just dont care about. You want to watch what a friend is doing? They have to screen share on Discord or use Twitch because there's no Spectator Mode.

Give us these features and then when it looks like a prettier game -advertise it-. You're Pokemon, people love you! If you clean this game up you could pull a major PR stunt that looks awesome for your game.

And then everyone wins. Everyone is happy.

Dueling Network was a GREAT platform.

I wish PTCGO would just go to something that is more Free2Play like DN. Just my greed though since I am a poor PokeScrub who doesn't own anything.

One of the big barriers of entry imo is the EX/GX powerspike. Every month players complain about them, because it is hard to fight them when your card pool is limited. I will say I like the opening packs/collecting aspects, but when you open packs for 3 months and get nothing the game becomes boring.

Sadra

One interesting fact is that coins cannot be obtained while tournament tickets can using money. Seriously, why? Who would buy tournament tickets as it is not guaranteed packs. I would rather buy 1000 codes from **** than spend a dime on tickets. I understand there must be a reason behind this but so many decisions made on this game are really questionable.

Edited by Sadra

BowserLuigi

One interesting fact is that coins cannot be obtained while tournament tickets can using money. Seriously, why? Who would buy tournament tickets as it is not guaranteed packs. I would rather buy 1000 codes from **** than spend a dime on tickets. I understand there must be a reason behind this but so many decisions made on this game are really questionable.

The option to buy tickets is just there cuz they know that some random dude somewhere on this planet will buy some anyway.

I played many games with some awfully silly microtransactions. There's one facelook game (that wasn't very good) that introduced a limited edition clothing for their avatar that costs way more than everything else in the game. And said clothing doesn't even do anything! But soon after some guys on the game's forum posted that they bought the clothing with screenshots as proof.

Edited by BowserLuigi

Sadra

The option to buy tickets is just there cuz they know that some random dude somewhere on this planet will buy some anyway.

I played many games with some awfully silly microtransactions. There's one facelook game (that wasn't very good) that introduced a limited edition clothing for their avatar that costs way more than everything else in the game. And said clothing doesn't even do anything! But soon after some guys on the game's forum posted that they bought the clothing with screenshots as proof.

The reason that people will buy the clothing is that it serves as a proof of their wealth. But for tickets,  I really do not know why.

Eden2902

In my opinion, this game is something missing. If I compare it with ANY other pokemon game it is really really worse programmed, with much less "heart". It's ugly and the motivation... Hm... I've grinded weeks too manage my booster-base, find out tricks to manage 1 Fala GX per week (or less), but the grinding is alway the main thing. If a new expansion get out, you grind for the new good cards and if you not grinding atm you have to save boosters for the next good cards. At a specific moment in the future you manage more boosters than the upcoming Expansion need for trades, then you build up your "empire" and can manage everything.

Such a focus you don't have in the other games. This game is more sim city than pokemon, because the "tournaments, for whose you build your decks, are not equal funny than the online tournaments from Pokemon Sun/Moon. It's much less strategic because of the higher factor of luck and in the end PTCGO comes down to a filler till the release of the "real" pokemon games. If someone would care about the wishes of the community, this could someday change, but til then it's just a waste of time.

Mod_Alder

Thanks everyone for all the feed back, I will forward this thread to the development team.

Eden2902
Mod_Alder, on 05 Nov 2017 - 8:51 PM, said:

Thanks everyone for all the feed back, I will forward this thread to the development team.

I hope, that anything changes after that, but my fears are, that:

guy: hey devs, they complain of your game!

devs: ****, maybe we should make a new end-screen...

guy: yeah, that's what they want!

-.-

Edited by Eden2902

Harion

HS doesn't have chat and it's doing just fine. PTCGO has a younger user base so the decision to can the chat is wise. However, there was a suggestion to give the players the choice to remove chat or not. I think this should have been the better decision taken.

JuliaT225163

The reason that people will buy the clothing is that it serves as a proof of their wealth. But for tickets,  I really do not know why.

I agree with you

Sakura150612

I agree with you

Please don't go around necro bumping threads that are over a year old... this is the third one already. Any thread that has had no activity is the past 2 weeks is considered dead (although exceptionally people post on slightly older threads if the post is relevant).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Sign in to follow this