Opinion on dark integral. Just my own opinion.

Sadra

What I post here is just merely my own opinion, which may be incorrect or biased.

I have been watching darkintegral gaming these days because many said that he is one of the best *********. While I think his remixes are okay, I don't really think that he is a good player. I totally understand that he does not mean to play competitive and many of his ideas are quite interesting, but the choice of cards he use are sometimes problematic (e.g. always including PCL, shauna) and he has a lot of misplays. Really, a lot of misplays (for example, he doesn't even know that pokemon ranger cancels the quaking punch effect). In addition, his opponents are really bad players 90% of the time. In some of his videos, I remember the opponent even playing the wrong energy cards.

For us viewers, we really do not care if he wins or not and that does not mean that he is bad player. However, we do want to know how does those decks perform against top-tier decks and players. Even if there is only a slim chance of winning, we want to see how he plays the game and learn throughout. This only makes us think whether he is trying to trick new players in believing his deck is actually the strongest.

In addition, he sometimes does not play nice. I remember in one game where he used excadrill/dhelmise against another ******** in versus using despair ray gardevoir. When he already won, he tried to humiliate him by knocking down one additional M gardevoir Ex on his last turn. However, he did the math wrong and made a joke of himself. Although he admitted later that he shouldn't have done that, I really do not think that is nice and I believe he would like to be treated the same way.

Do anyone here have any thoughts on this or am I just overreacting. Please kindly leave your comments down below. This is only my opinion and I am more than glad to hear about other opinions.

Edited by Sadra
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

In his defense, he claimed that streaming messes up his concentration which leads to the aforementioned misplays and miscalculations. It certainly seems possible. When I talked to myself when I play (things like where are the energies/pokes?!?!?) my misplays skyrocket. But that rarely happens when I didn't do so.

I do think he overhypes some cards, especially Alolan Raticate. Apart from his Zoroark/Alolan Raticate deck and perhaps Slowking deck it looks kinda disappointing to me. I mean, it cartainly isn't the worst card in the house but...not that great from what I've seen.

My guess is that he tends to stick to a particular template because he does not necessarily play meta decks nor does he go against meta decks all the time. When vs seeker was in standard I also included PCL in many of my decks as well as Olympia because they can help me bail out of a stray paralysis or sleep or something in times of need. Now in an official standard tournament unless you are facing Espeon GX you rarely ever need to worry about statuses. But against random players, you'll never know.

But I don't think he is a particularly bad player. More of a casual player with all the cards he wants, can build any deck he wants and has basic deckbuilding knowledge to not come up with something totally bad (as in, potions, malasadas, haus, 4 PCL/flare grunt in every deck). And I'm ok with that. But I admit I cringe every time he shows mercy to struggling players with a generous N.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dude is probably one of the worse poketubers let me tell you why

His content is done with poor efforts the sound quality is just horrible his deck building skills are worse.

I understand that he choose non meta decks but honestly thats not a excuse to use bad cards like shauna and other stuff he likes to use with no reasoning behind.

He is another verlisify kind of tuber while we might be a fun player or how ever they call it his supposedly Op deck builds videos that are just cliclbait are worse again missleading the new players into horrible deck choices the worse is that he haves over 100k subscribers for some reason

• Upvote 1

In his defense, he claimed that streaming messes up his concentration which leads to the aforementioned misplays and miscalculations. It certainly seems possible. When I talked to myself when I play (things like where are the energies/pokes?!?!?) my misplays skyrocket. But that rarely happens when I didn't do so.

I do think he overhypes some cards, especially Alolan Raticate. Apart from his Zoroark/Alolan Raticate deck and perhaps Slowking deck it looks kinda disappointing to me. I mean, it cartainly isn't the worst card in the house but...not that great from what I've seen.

My guess is that he tends to stick to a particular template because he does not necessarily play meta decks nor does he go against meta decks all the time. When vs seeker was in standard I also included PCL in many of my decks as well as Olympia because they can help me bail out of a stray paralysis or sleep or something in times of need. Now in an official standard tournament unless you are facing Espeon GX you rarely ever need to worry about statuses. But against random players, you'll never know.

But I don't think he is a particularly bad player. More of a casual player with all the cards he wants, can build any deck he wants and has basic deckbuilding knowledge to not come up with something totally bad (as in, potions, malasadas, haus, 4 PCL/flare grunt in every deck). And I'm ok with that. But I admit I cringe every time he shows mercy to struggling players with a generous N.

Yes, it always makes me puzzled why he Ns frequently when he shouldn't. I forgot to say that he contradicts with himself. In one video, he states that item lock are for noob players and its not a strategy. However, later I found 2 of his videos in which he played seismitoad and trevenant. Sounds interesting to me.

• Upvote 1

Dude is probably one of the worse poketubers let me tell you why

His content is done with poor efforts the sound quality is just horrible his deck building skills are worse.

I understand that he choose non meta decks but honestly thats not a excuse to use bad cards like shauna and other stuff he likes to use with no reasoning behind.

He is another verlisify kind of tuber while we might be a fun player or how ever they call it his supposedly Op deck builds videos that are just cliclbait are worse again missleading the new players into horrible deck choices the worse is that he haves over 100k subscribers for some reason

Actually, can you tell me why there is so much verlisify hate? I do not play a lot of wifi battles but it is shocking why so many hates him.

Actually, can you tell me why there is so much verlisify hate? I do not play a lot of wifi battles but it is shocking why so many hates him.

"hate him", really?? I think they might be a step too far

"hate him", really?? I think they might be a step too far

While many are just following the trend, there seems to be **************** that really dislike him and make videos to argue that he is a problem in the community and he must disappear or whatever. But its just a bit confusing to me since I watched some of his videos and he seems normal to me, although some of his ideas are a bit weird and may not work.

I think everything depends on what you want to see, if you want to see a competitive player like a world tournament player, search for another one, DarkIntegral is all about deck building, not even about playing skills but building, it is sad that most people tend to forget that a huge part of Trading Card Games is all about strategy when building a deck, but since everyone wants to play competitive it's better just to copy a competitive decklist instead of trying to create a new strategy.

Personally I think he is great, he is one of the few streamers with a rating system, I love his rating system, most streamers just use a deck and rate it into "I like it" or "meh its just for fun".

Also everyone missplays from time to time, even world tournament players that's normal, but people tend to think that if you stream you have to be a god playing pokemon. Or they think something like, that would have never happen to me, I'm better than this dude. But he is a good player, he is not perfect but is a good player and a great deck builder. When building decks, not all your decks have to be good, some may be a mess, that's also great, but you got an strategy, you build around it and you try it to see how it goes.

I think the worst thing that may happen to a Trading Card Game is the lack of variety, if there is just a few viable decks on the meta, and everyone uses the same decks, and if you are criticized for playing even a single card different then the game is lost. It means that all the cards in the game are just junk  there just to avoid you from getting the few viable cards, to make you buy more and more packs until you get the only viable cards and become another one with the same deck.

• Upvote 1

While many are just following the trend, there seems to be **************** that really dislike him and make videos to argue that he is a problem in the community and he must disappear or whatever. But its just a bit confusing to me since I watched some of his videos and he seems normal to me, although some of his ideas are a bit weird and may not work.

There's ocean liner-loads of controversy around him. Overreaction to hackers (serious or not) is one thing. And I heard he blocks anyone that disagrees with him from commenting. Also he is not a very good battler. Not sure if discussing the more....serious ones are against the forum rules...

I personally don't like that guy myself. I never hacked myself but have used hacked/genned pokemon gotten from trades/giveaways.

Darkintegralgaming is way better than he is, that's for sure

Edited by BowserLuigi
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yep i think you're overracting it's cool to see different ideas, alolan raticate is a good card 90 damage with choice band to EX/GX pokemon for free energy is always good i do agree on the shauna there's no need for her and everyone is sleeping on PCL to be honest if you have space to add 2 in your standard deck (yes i'm talking about standard since i only play standard) that could be fun, healing 60 hit points, it can ruin your opponents plan in crucial plays and it removes special conditions although there's only a few decks in standard that rely on special conditions but that might change in the future but keep in mind healing is always good it may prevent OHKO's and buy you a turn.

Edited by EpicShonenGuy
  • Upvote 1

Saying that certain types of decks like item lock is for noobs is probably one of the salties things he said
Thats like saying meta decks are for nobrainers and alola raticate beatdown requires Skill to play

Edited by TheLegend-PR

Yep i think you're overracting it's cool to see different ideas, alolan raticate is a good card 90 damage with choice band to EX/GX pokemon for free energy is always good i do agree on the shauna there's no need for her and everyone is sleeping on PCL to be honest if you have space to add 2 in your standard deck (yes i'm talking about standard since i only play standard) that could be fun, healing 60 hit points, it can ruin your opponents plan in crucial plays and it removes special conditions although there's only a few decks in standard that rely on special conditions but that might change in the future but keep in mind healing is always good it may prevent OHKO's and buy you a turn.

Acerola is usually better than PCL though. And there are far better cards to include if you have leftover space such as Town Map or even Random Receiver.

And PCL cannot prevent OHKOes lol just wanna point that out.

But darkintegralgaming doesn't include PCL nowadays now does he?

Acerola is usually better than PCL though. And there are far better cards to include if you have leftover space such as Town Map or even Random Receiver.

And PCL cannot prevent OHKOes lol just wanna point that out.

But darkintegralgaming doesn't include PCL nowadays now does he?

LoL yeah that was a misclick i meant 2HKO's but yes darkintegralgaming doesn't include PCL nowdays.

Oh, Darkintegral...I think I'll just keep my opinion to myself  :rolleyes:  Let's just say that he is more of an entertainer than a competitive player. Although in all honesty I personally don't even find him entertaining. I mean, let the guy do his thing, but I hope no one forces me to watch any of his videos ever again  :P

With Pooka having gone to TPCi, ***** is missing a very important role. No one else on there has the same level of skill with playing weirdness, so The Top Cut was, while it existed, easily the best channel of its kind.

I still recommend his videos, though they do become less and less relevent. We've had two format changes now? Something like that.

• Upvote 1

In other news, Shauna's days of working for darkintegralgaming are numbered. There is a new Cynthia card coming soon that does exactly the same thing as Professor Oak's New Theory i.e literally a better Shauna.

Some of their deck ideas are actually fun to try, not to copy the deck list but to test the main cards. BUT you don't have to be a genious to see that most of his wins in his videos are against hard counters, misplays and a lot of luck.
The only thing I dislike about him is that he says everything is awesome when... most of the things are not.

Edited by chapucito
  • Upvote 1

You dont like it you dont watch him. Is not like pokemon is making you learn to play watching him (pokemon sponsors him, but thats not the same).

He always says that he doesnt like to play item lock, is your point he shouldnt play an item lock deck for those people willing to watch it?

Those who say shauna is a bad card, are you playing in expanded? Im guessing you wont be using Cinthya neither, since shes the new shauna.

I think y'all are being too harsh he's just a guy playing Pokemon he actually got me into playing the tcg and making weird fun decks. He doesn't claim to be the best and his remixes are nice imo. If you wanna talk trash about my boy Donald link me your stream or ******* and let's see how good you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With Pooka having gone to TPCi, ***** is missing a very important role. No one else on there has the same level of skill with playing weirdness, so The Top Cut was, while it existed, easily the best channel of its kind.

I still recommend his videos, though they do become less and less relevent. We've had two format changes now? Something like that.

The Top Cut initially brought me into Pokemon TCG, after one of his videos randomly popped up on my YT feed. Although I do enjoy his commentary on the official stream, it's really a shame that he abandoned his channel.

As for that dark integral guy: Never heard of him before this thread, checked out his channel and it's safe to say that I'm not his target audience. Never the less, I can totally understand why a young, casual oriented player would enjoy watching him play and goof around.

• Upvote 1