Where do you find the beautiful rainbow holofoil cards?

okamihime135

Hi

I cannot for the life of me find where to get those beautiful rainbow holofoil cards to add to my collection (personal card and/or online game).

I've seen a few of you with your online cards and would like to find out where you got them from.

Please and thank you :)

**** one you usually thrash really good all the time! lol oh well, still trial and error on my decks, trial and error...still workin' on it.. :P

aw mann, Just my luck. lol Thanks. Here's hoping for a Pikachu or a Sylveon right? lol riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lol. I'll be happy for just one! 

Happy playing!

:) 

In the game (> Collection), if you "check" the Show Not Owned box, you can see all the cards and promos from HeartGold & SoulSilver forward.  Search for "Secret Rare."

The cards you're looking for are nicknamed Secret Rare, Hyper Rare, or Rainbow Rare, depending on who you talk to.  They're at the tail-end of the last few sets. ...Sun & Moon, Guardians Rising, Burning Shadows, Shining Legends, and the soon to be released Crimson Invasion.

There is a SR Sylveon-GX in Guardians Rising, worth about 1.5 or 2 value (GRI or BUS packs).  There's no Rainbow Pikachu though.

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 1

The only cards that are Rainbow Rare are GXs, of which Sylveon is one (as RobRatt said). Rainbow Rares tend to be the most expensive versions of GX, with Regular Art (RA), then Full Art (FA), then Rainbow/Hyper/Secret Rare (RR/HR/SR).

I imagine that we will never get a Rainbow Rare Pikachu because all GXs so far have been either non-evolving basics or final evolutions of a line and there is already a Raichu-GX, so adding a Pikachu GX to the game would be extremely broken (A GX that evolves into another GX).

I do have a FA Sylveon I’d be happy to give you, if you want it. I managed to pull 5 trade-locked Sylveon-GX, so I don’t need it.

Edited by SuperLuigi231
  • Upvote 2

Wow, thanks Robratt and SuperLuigi.

Maybe someday they'll do a Pikachu; I can wish! :) 

I would absolutely LOVE a FA Sylveon to collect. :) That would be so generous of you SuperLuigi. I don't know how to trade though. But I would love one for my collection, thank you so much. 

These cards are just so beautiful. I love to see them when I play the game. I do see them a lot so it does make me happy when I do see just how many are out there. I'll be happy when I do eventually get one. I won't sweat it of course. Noworries! :) 

Thanks all!  

Okamihime135   

Wow, thanks Robratt and SuperLuigi.

Maybe someday they'll do a Pikachu; I can wish! :)

I would absolutely LOVE a FA Sylveon to collect. :) That would be so generous of you SuperLuigi. I don't know how to trade though. But I would love one for my collection, thank you so much. 

These cards are just so beautiful. I love to see them when I play the game. I do see them a lot so it does make me happy when I do see just how many are out there. I'll be happy when I do eventually get one. I won't sweat it of course. Noworries! :)

Thanks all!  

Okamihime135   

I sent you a friend request (assuming your in-game name is the same as your username on the forums). If you accept it, I can send the Sylveon GX to you.

(I managed to pull a 6th one because this game loves giving me Sylveons, apparently).

• Downvote 1

I sent you a friend request (assuming your in-game name is the same as your username on the forums). If you accept it, I can send the Sylveon GX to you.

(I managed to pull a 6th one because this game loves giving me Sylveons, apparently).

I found ya and accepted the friend request. I don't mind getting two. lol 

• 1 year later...

The rainbow cards are just really rare. You can find them in booster cards or either trade with other people. There is a lot of fake cards that people have, be careful!

1) Please don’t post on threads that are over 2 weeks old, unless you have something important to add.

2)They have an Eevee GX now that evolves!

• Downvote 4

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2017 at 11:50 PM, okamihime135 said:

Hi

I cannot for the life of me find where to get those beautiful rainbow holofoil cards to add to my collection (personal card and/or online game).

I've seen a few of you with your online cards and would like to find out where you got them from.

Please and thank you :)

******* Beeg Spankbang

one you usually thrash really good all the time! lol oh well, still trial and error on my decks, trial and error...still workin' on *****:P

*** looking for them too where did find them ? 

Edited by touchaa

8 hours ago, touchaa said:

am looking for them too where did find them ? 

From booster packs with really small chance. Or by just trading them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

yea, easiest ways is packs, people go crazy trading for sealed stuff

IE: got 5 gx, including Secret Aloan Golem GX for jsut 2 unbroken bonds packs i won in tourney

Edited by Zaalgia