Rebuilding old deck for fun (Base Set: Brushfire)

Zephadus

Hey there folks!
So, I haven't played Pokémon TCG in a very long time, but I caught wind of the Evolutions set, and it piqued my interest, and that's how I learned about Pokémon TCG Online!
As any old-school fans are probably aware, those cards have been rebalanced for the modern day, but all the same, I'd like to recreate my first theme deck: Brushfire.

Brushfire was a Grass/Fire theme deck, and included the following:
4× Charmander
2× Charmeleon
2× Vulpix
1× Ninetales
2× Growlithe
1× Arcanine
4× Weedle
4× Nidoran♂
2× Tangela
1× Energy Removal
2× Energy Retrieval
1× Gust of Wind
1× Lass
1× PlusPower
3× Potion
1× Switch
18× Fire Energy
10× Grass Energy

The cards in bold are cards I'm missing (struck out cards needed replacing).
I know this probably isn't a particularly devastating deck, but it's just for fun, haha.

Long story short, I'm looking for:
Ninetales from Evolutions.
PlusPower (preferably from Unleashed, but will take anything).

For trade, I have... Well, some Evolutions cards, because I've been getting packs of those.
I could probably be convinced to trade some other stuff, too, but I haven't done any trade requests before, so don't really know what to do about that. lol

For those interested, here are the replacements:

Energy Removal:
"Choose 1 Energy card attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and discard it."
Unfortunately, this card doesn't exist in the Online game, so instead I'm using Team Flare Grunt:
"Discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon."
Close enough, right?
Unfortunately, this is a Support card, as opposed to an Item card, so it's not as versatile, but it will do for now.

Gust of Wind:
"Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon and switch it with his or her Active Pokémon."
This card, like the one before it, doesn't exist in Online, so I'm using Pokémon Catcher:
"Flip a coin. If head, switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon."
Basically the same thing, only it requires a coin flip, but that's fair, I guess.

Lass:
"You and your opponent show each other your hands, then shuffle all the Trainer cards from your hands into your decks."
Kind of a strange card, but could potentially be useful against people who use a lot of Items or Tools.
Instead, I'm using N:
"Each player shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck. Then, each player draws a card for each of his or her remaining prize cards."
I'm not totally satisfied with this one, but I think it's the closest I can get, unless someone has a suggestion?

Nidoran♂:
In the Base Set, Nidoran♂ was a Grass card, which worked with Brushfire's theme (he's even on the box art).
In Evolutions, Nidoran♂ has become a Psychic card, and since Brushfire doesn't use any Psychic Energy, I switched the 4 Nidoran♂ for 3 Caterpie and 1 Metapod, as well as I removed 1 Weedle and replaced it with 1 Kakuna, to match that idea.

I can send you 1 copy of each for free, all you need to do is add me in-game and send me a trade offer I tagged the cards for trade.

Enjoy re-building and playing your first theme deck.

Cheers

Edited by iyado166
  • Upvote 2

Done and done, waiting on you, fine sir. :)
Wouldn't let me complete trade without offering a card, so I put a Weedle. lol
Thanks again, by the way.