Game keeps freezing after roughly 3-5 minutes of play

wiggs333

I have recently downloaded pokemon tcg online and whenever I login, I am able to play for roughly 3-5 minutes and the game will freeze. I have tried deleting and re downloading the game and the same issue occurs. 90% of the time when I re-open the game I will be brought back to the same spot in my battle where the game froze and will be able to play for roughly the same amount of time until it freezes again. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's very unlikely that the "game app" is the problem here.

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements (operating system, memory, etc.)?  Since you're able to login and play, I'm guessing it does.  But I don't know what device you're using, and I mention this because I have a memory problem sometimes with my old iPad Air.  If I try to look at my Trade History, which is large, it crashes every time.

You know what I'm guessing the main problem is? ...Internet connection.  If you lose Wi-Fi, it'll log you off and/or close.  If you're in the middle of a battle, it will freeze (like you've mentioned) to see if the signal is regained.  Are you by chance seeing the little "signal box" that pops up when Wi-Fi is weak?  ALSO, it might be a just a coincidence (if your Internet is good), and you've played a couple people in a row who have a slow connection with the server.

Rather than uninstall/install again, I'd recommend that you reset your router.

Edited by RobRatt

It's very unlikely that the "game app" is the problem here.

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements (operating system, memory, etc.)?  Since you're able to login and play, I'm guessing it does.  But I don't know what device you're using, and I mention this because I have a memory problem sometimes with my old iPad Air.  If I try to look at my Trade History, which is large, it crashes every time.

You know what I'm guessing the main problem is? ...Internet connection.  If you lose Wi-Fi, it'll log you off and/or close.  If you're in the middle of a battle, it will freeze (like you've mentioned) to see if the signal is regained.  Are you by chance seeing the little "signal box" that pops up when Wi-Fi is weak?  ALSO, it might be a just a coincidence (if your Internet is good), and you've played a couple people in a row who have a slow connection with the server.

Rather than uninstall/install again, I'd recommend that you reset your router.

Thank you for helping out!

I have recently downloaded pokemon tcg online and whenever I login, I am able to play for roughly 3-5 minutes and the game will freeze. I have tried deleting and re downloading the game and the same issue occurs. 90% of the time when I re-open the game I will be brought back to the same spot in my battle where the game froze and will be able to play for roughly the same amount of time until it freezes again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey there wiggs333!

I would suggest checking the minimum requirements by clicking here just to make sure everything is ok in that area. If everything looks good there you may want to try a wired connection if that is an option for you. Doing a power cycle could also resolve this issue as well. If you are still running into any issues then please reach out to our support team. You can open a ticket by clicking the link in my signature and selecting the "Ask a Question" option after signing in.