Drampa GX/Garbador Deck - need help for improvement

Eden2902

Hi, got my 2nd Lele GX. What changes are useful on my deck above? Does it make sense to grind for more Leles?

In addition: today, I got unlucky and draw 4-5 rounds no energy cards. In my opinion this is a major flaw (if not the only): the need for energy. Drampa GX attacks for 1 DCE and one other. This deck is not constructed to get energy back (for example: team skull), so I random run out of energy. That's the only point where I see a little bit hurt in consistancy. Maybe I will add multiswitch. I also very rarely use Necrozma GX or Tapu Koko. Mostly I start with Trubbish or Drampa GX. With Trubbish I hopefully have Float stones and a way to get more Pokemon (Brigette, Ultra Ball, Lele GX) or it's an instant lose (most turn 2). If I manage to get Drampa GX as active Pokemon, I use a energy card (psycho or rainbow) and next turn DCE. Only if I get parallel a Trubbish on the bank, Pou in my hand and next turn Garbador, I can manage the high damage output. Mostly I need one turn more to put rainbow energy on a benched pokemon. Mostly I can manage the deck, but also not rarely I got dead hands or the strategy not going running (missing for example the damage counter on bench).

Hi, got my 2nd Lele GX. What changes are useful on my deck above? Does it make sense to grind for more Leles?

In Drampa Garb, an optimal build would run 3 or 4, so yes, more Leles.

Most decks run 3, some decks that don't need Lele/Kiawie can get away with 2 for top-level play.

In addition: today, I got unlucky and draw 4-5 rounds no energy cards. In my opinion this is a major flaw (if not the only): the need for energy. Drampa GX attacks for 1 DCE and one other. This deck is not constructed to get energy back (for example: team skull), so I random run out of energy. That's the only point where I see a little bit hurt in consistancy. Maybe I will add multiswitch. I also very rarely use Necrozma GX or Tapu Koko. Mostly I start with Trubbish or Drampa GX. With Trubbish I hopefully have Float stones and a way to get more Pokemon (Brigette, Ultra Ball, Lele GX) or it's an instant lose (most turn 2). If I manage to get Drampa GX as active Pokemon, I use a energy card (psycho or rainbow) and next turn DCE. Only if I get parallel a Trubbish on the bank, Pou in my hand and next turn Garbador, I can manage the high damage output. Mostly I need one turn more to put rainbow energy on a benched pokemon. Mostly I can manage the deck, but also not rarely I got dead hands or the strategy not going running (missing for example the damage counter on bench).

Don't worry about your luck too much, it'll turn around. Multi Switch I would only play if you have a consistent build with a few open slots. Make it effective, then flashy.

Energy is mostly found these days by Sycamore-ing into a new hand. Yes, sometimes resources hit the dirt. Balancing that aggression with keeping your deck intact is about getting a consistent build-the more of 1 card you run, the less it will hurt if that card gets discarded.

Perhaps look up on a certain site to see how the deck is played at higher levels. That may give you some ideas.

In Drampa Garb, an optimal build would run 3 or 4, so yes, more Leles.

Most decks run 3, some decks that don't need Lele/Kiawie can get away with 2 for top-level play.

Don't worry about your luck too much, it'll turn around. Multi Switch I would only play if you have a consistent build with a few open slots. Make it effective, then flashy.

Energy is mostly found these days by Sycamore-ing into a new hand. Yes, sometimes resources hit the dirt. Balancing that aggression with keeping your deck intact is about getting a consistent build-the more of 1 card you run, the less it will hurt if that card gets discarded.

Perhaps look up on a certain site to see how the deck is played at higher levels. That may give you some ideas.

Thank you. That's I've thought, that energy is coming from new hands. Then I will try to get more Lele's.

Is that with every deck? Is, for example, Golisopod / Garbador as consistent as Drampa / Garbador? I really like the idea to have a late-game-sweeper in the back (Garbador), but mostly I like consistent decks. The more, the better. I really don't hate anything more, than a dead hand or a game where I don't get the right cards even with the 08/15 core (4 x N, Sycamore, Ultra Balls). In Theme deck this deck with Decidueye is really consistent. Something like this or better would be great.

I've tried Metagross GX deck with Clefairy and Necrozma (1 of each). What do I get in the initial hand? Clefairy... over and over. I have two Lele, 4 Beldum, 1 Necrozma, 1 Clefairy and if I draw Clefairy it's the only Base Pokemon -.- I hate this deck for it's inconsistency, even with 4 Rare Candies and so on. I sit there and play maybe 1h to get the daily challenge to evolve 12 steel Pokemon -.- 4 stage 2 steel Pokemon and it takes that long. AND this deck is very very time consuming. If you build up the Metagross it's mostly auto-win. I really really need a deck which is as most consistent as possible and have good chances to win.

By the way a funny fact: I build a Vikavolt/Bulu deck, but don't really like it, so I wanted to get rid of my Bulus (all RR). I get a Sylvally for one (!) Bulu  :D

Edited by Eden2902

Is that with every deck? Is, for example, Golisopod / Garbador as consistent as Drampa / Garbador? I really like the idea to have a late-game-sweeper in the back (Garbador), but mostly I like consistent decks. The more, the better. I really don't hate anything more, than a dead hand or a game where I don't get the right cards even with the 08/15 core (4 x N, Sycamore, Ultra Balls). In Theme deck this deck with Decidueye is really consistent. Something like this or better would be great.

Some decks can be less consistent (Greninja) than others (Volcanion), but when built right any deck should give you at least a chance. In general, the more Pokémon and/or Energies a deck needs to work, the less consistent it will most likely be. Also, the more requirements an attack/Ability has, the less likely it is to be useful. But some of these "inconsistent" decks are still played regularly. Greninja remains a top-level deck, despite the fact that Giratina promo shuts down the deck tragically, and there's a side to the deck that makes it prone to imploding. But it's power to disassemble opponents is unsurpassed. It all comes down to personal preference whether you want power or efficiency.

Because of the high Lele count of the deck and the cheap nature of the attackers, Drampa/Garb is one of the most consistent decks out there. Which is where it can be sometimes crushed by a more powerful but less consistent deck, and why Garbotoxin is needed to slow opponents down, I would say that Golisopod/Garb is a step back for consistency, as setting up First Impression every turn can be a strain, but it's worth it for the even faster pressure it delivers along with the improved Garde matchup.

I've tried Metagross GX deck with Clefairy and Necrozma (1 of each). What do I get in the initial hand? Clefairy... over and over. I have two Lele, 4 Beldum, 1 Necrozma, 1 Clefairy and if I draw Clefairy it's the only Base Pokemon -.- I hate this deck for it's inconsistency, even with 4 Rare Candies and so on. I sit there and play maybe 1h to get the daily challenge to evolve 12 steel Pokemon -.- 4 stage 2 steel Pokemon and it takes that long. AND this deck is very very time consuming. If you build up the Metagross it's mostly auto-win. I really really need a deck which is as most consistent as possible and have good chances to win.

Metagross plays 1-2 A. Vulpix to help the deck, and Mimikyu, who has a better attack for the deck with Copycat costing only 2 Energy, rather than Clefairy. Lele into Brigette on T1 is important, but the Metagross lists I've seen only play 2 Lele. The deck can also run a 1-0-1 line of a Pokémon like Solgeleo GX or Vileplume. While Black Ray GX is amazing, don't hesitate to use Algorithm if need be.

By the way a funny fact: I build a Vikavolt/Bulu deck, but don't really like it, so I wanted to get rid of my Bulus (all RR). I get a Sylvally for one (!) Bulu  :D

Well done on your trade! A card from a new set can be over-expensive at first though, so don't assume that Silvally is going to get any more valuable!