Why is Stardust Jirachi so good?

SuperLuigi231

I've noticed that Jirachi is worth a lot, but I'm not sure why. Can someone explain? Stardust doesn't really seem that powerful to me.

Should I get the special offer in the shop?

Edited by SuperLuigi231

Discing specials=good.  Not taking damage=good.  Giving up just one prize card=good.  It effectively forces your opponent to have a Guzma to do anything.

Discing specials=good.  Not taking damage=good.  Giving up just one prize card=good.  It effectively forces your opponent to have a Guzma to do anything.

At least for decks which live on DCE, like Night March. But I do see your point.

Should I get 4 of the combo packs then?

At least for decks which live on DCE, like Night March. But I do see your point.

Should I get 4 of the combo packs then?

1 or 2 should be enough. Don't think there's any reason to play 4

The value stems from the fact that Stardust Jirachi was only available in the shop, thus the trade-able copies where bought with Gems in Canada. Any gem promo is worth quite a bit, no matter if the card is playable, or just an collectors item.

Jirachi has seen quite a lot of play in both Standard and Expanded ( usually as a 1-2-of), as it was a great tool against decks like Vespiqueen, NM, Toad, etc., as the card is playable in any deck and doesn't require any other resources. Although the card isn't as popular as it was some time ago, getting your hands on 2 copies can never hurt, as you never know when the bundle will return to the shop.

• Upvote 1

The value stems from the fact that Stardust Jirachi was only available in the shop, thus the trade-able copies where bought with Gems in Canada. Any gem promo is worth quite a bit, no matter if the card is playable, or just an collectors item.

Jirachi has seen quite a lot of play in both Standard and Expanded ( usually as a 1-2-of), as it was a great tool against decks like Vespiqueen, NM, Toad, etc., as the card is playable in any deck and doesn't require any other resources. Although the card isn't as popular as it was some time ago, getting your hands on 2 copies can never hurt, as you never know when the bundle will return to the shop.

Ok, thanks!

Jirachi once was very good due to the popularity of night march and toads. Now I think its just a meh card because there are a lot of decks that do not heavily rely on special energies (e.g. volcanion, darkrai, water toolbox). But it wouldnt hurt to include a single copy in certain decks.