Just a fun Toxapex GX/Raichu Deck (ToxaShock)

deropa1984

ToxaShock Deck

I just wanted to try to create something different by myself, maybe someone else have come to a similar idea, but I build up this deck on my own, haven't seen anything similar at least when I build it, and its been surprinsingly not bad at all, I have won against Gardevoir and other decks from the meta.

The general idea is to set up one Toxapex GX with 3 phyquic energy, and use your evoshock Raichu to keep oponents from doing anything at all even retreating.

So you shock, then you "Super Intense Poison". On your opponent turn, usually they may Guzma/Acerola, or they do nothing. When they turn ends, their pokemons recives the second tick of the Super Intense Poison, so if it has above 100hp and is equal or below 200, their pokemon dies on your turn, so they are forced to switch on your turn as their active dies, then you shock again and poison, if you need to kill something below 100 hp, you may risk your toxapex to recive 1 hit or you may use the GX attack, and on things like gardevoir, after the gardy recives two ticks I usually Use the GX attack for one turn of damage immunity, and then shock and poison on the next turn.

Pros

-Its fun

-its kind of cheap, aside from the tapu leles

-its something different

-Your opponent lose a lot of turns being unable to attack.

-Uses toxapex

Cons

-It needs 3 phyquic energies to be able to attack, not a single colorless energy but 3 physquic energy

-Sometimes setting up is hard and takes time, so you waste a lot of shocks

Any ideas to improve it, would be welcome.

Here is the list (it was in spanish, so i switched the names to english, if i made any mistake, just tell me)

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113

* 4 Pikachu BUS 40

* 4 Raichu BUS 41

* 3 Toxapex-GX GRI 57

* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

* 3 Mareanie GRI 39

##Cartas de Entrenador - 32

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 2 Superball BCR 129

* 4 Devolution Spray EVO 76

* 4 N DEX 96

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 3 Guzma BUS 115

* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103

* 1 Brigette BKT 134

* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

* 3 Super scoop up BUS 124

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113

##Energía - 11

* 11 Psyquic energy XY

Cartas totales - 60

The deck looks overall good but just a few comments:

1. A  4-3 toxapex line would be better. 

2. Add wishful baton to achieve energy efficiency

3. 9 energies are enough, leave the space for other cards such as tauros GX since you are running ninja boy.

4. replace one rescue stretcher with super rod

5.Add one more lele

The deck looks overall good but just a few comments:

1. A  4-3 toxapex line would be better. 

2. Add wishful baton to achieve energy efficiency

3. 9 energies are enough, leave the space for other cards such as tauros GX since you are running ninja boy.

4. replace one rescue stretcher with super rod

5.Add one more lele

thanks for the tips

I was indeed using wishful baton but since everyone uses Fieldblowers, and toxapex stays alive for so long, I never got to use its effect not a single time, it always gets blowed away.

And the ninja boy is to add energy to any pokemon when you have free energies and eventually turn it into a mareanie, because people just hate my mareanies, because if they get a Guzma, they can get out of the shock but then they can't hit the Toxapex GX, because they have to switch it, so people always kills my mareanies. But the tauros may be a good idea, it gives more situational uses to the ninja boy.

You make a great point. Yes wishful baton is vulnerable to field blowers, I did not consider that. However, it would be good to add max elixers to speed up. 

I have a deck using the similar strategy, pairing toxapex GX with Lunala GX. The ability to move psychic energy around makes the deck versatile and allows a powerful combo with max potion, giving your opponent pressure. Lunala GX's Gx attack may also be useful in certain matches (e.g. darkrai, volcanion).

You make a great point. Yes wishful baton is vulnerable to field blowers, I did not consider that. However, it would be good to add max elixers to speed up.

I have a deck using the similar strategy, pairing toxapex GX with Lunala GX. The ability to move psychic energy around makes the deck versatile and allows a powerful combo with max potion, giving your opponent pressure. Lunala GX's Gx attack may also be useful in certain matches (e.g. darkrai, volcanion).

The max elixirs may actually be a good addition, to prepare a Mareanie or a tapu lele and use it on desperate times or ninja boy the charged tapu lele. Or even charge an oranguru, his attack is quite good and can be ninja boy into something else.

Also i think in this deck the rescue stretcher is more versatil than the super rod, because most of the time you will be using it to get a raichu to your hand and get another shock. At the end, you will use as many shocks as its possible, usually one per turn every single turn. But if you are in need you can also return 3 pokemons to the deck.

Edited by deropa1984

thanks for the tips

I was indeed using wishful baton but since everyone uses Fieldblowers, and toxapex stays alive for so long, I never got to use its effect not a single time, it always gets blowed away.

And the ninja boy is to add energy to any pokemon when you have free energies and eventually turn it into a mareanie, because people just hate my mareanies, because if they get a Guzma, they can get out of the shock but then they can't hit the Toxapex GX, because they have to switch it, so people always kills my mareanies. But the tauros may be a good idea, it gives more situational uses to the ninja boy.

You may also want to ***** few Po town and drampa instead of tauros

You may also want to ***** few Po town and drampa instead of tauros

I can't, since i have to Devolve my raichus into pikachus, a second use of any pikachu will kill it.

Edited by deropa1984