4x SM basic water energy

What I have to offer:

5x Burning Shadows

5x Guardian Rising

8x Sun and Moon

15 Evolutions

12x Fates Collide

12x Steam Siege

I also have a lot of holo/reverse holo rares and a few EX's for trade.

Add me so you can throw me an offer.

I'd like to do it in 1 trade but this is not a must.

If you want these cards quickly, without waiting and wondering...

1.  The cards you're looking for are very easy to get, all are in the Standard format, and you will find them cheapest in Public Offers (in-game).

2.  You have more than enough packs -- and then some -- to get everything you want.

3.  If you make fair, decent offers in Public trading, they'll usually get accepted in one 8-hour period.  And you'll have the satisfaction of getting a good deal when your deck is built.

If I was in your place, here's the steps I'd take...

First, I'd go straight to Phantom Knight's price guide, a great resource, and see what Octillery, and EX & GX cards are valued at.  On a PC at least, you might want to hit Ctrl + F to pull up searching within that page

2 x Octillery (1.5 each) = 3.0

1 x Ninetales GX = 1.75

1 x Manaphy EX = 3.0

1 x Glaceon EX = 1.75

For a total of 9.5 value (usually in Burning Shadows, the latest set)

Note:  In my recent experience, Guardians Rising is far superior to BUS packs, value wise.

Since they're very easy to get, and inexpensive (and you only need a small amount), I would completely ignore pricing cards like Remoraid, basic Energy, and Trainers (e.g. Aqua Patch and Brooklet Hill).  Even though they have value if you "buy them," they're bulk cards (junk?) to many people, since they have so many of them.  I commonly see dozens of Trainer cards for a single pack.

Note:  If you see someone in Public asking for a large group of Trainers, be cautious, because they will often try to sneak in something valuable, hoping they "catch a dummy."

Now, maybe in your head, add an extra 1/2 pack for the "cheap cards."  This lot would be worth about 10 value.

Many guys -- sadly, too many -- would make a dirt cheap offer, just hoping some kid or new player stumbles upon it.  Don't play that kind of game.  You want these cards fairly and quickly, right?  If you pay/offer a decent amount, you'll get the fastest results too.

Yet, you still want them as cheap as possible.  You should note the "Pack Ratios" at the top of Phantom Knight's page, to see which of your packs are best.

Knowing this lot is worth 10 value, you have a couple different options.  Honestly, at this point, I just kind of "wing it" depending on the cards, my mood and gut instinct.  It really comes down to (1) how badly you want it, and (2) how quickly.

If you offer "good packs" like GRI or BUS, maybe offer 7 (or 8?) instead for everything.  Again, I'd hold onto your Guardians Rising for now, for purchasing power later, maybe on a hard card like Tapu Lele GX.

Many people just like packs though, and sometimes they don't care which.  They just want as many as possible.  For this group of cards, I would probably offer something like...

2 x BUS (1.0)

2 x SUM (med)

2 x FCO (cheap)

2 x EVO (cheap)

2 x STS (med)

If, for some reason, your offer isn't accepted in 8 hours, maybe add another pack.  It's best to start low usually, and work up if needed.  If every offer you make is accepted, or your offer is accepted within the first 15 minutes, you know you're probably offering too high.

If you absolutely want it RIGHT NOW, you can always offer higher.

I really hope some of this helps you, and you don't mind me giving my two cents.

EDIT:  I'm placing this offer (above) in Public trading, so you don't necessarily need to.  If it's accepted this afternoon, I'll be sending you a friend request, and you can have it for the same price.

EDIT:  Well, the first 8 hours is up, and no one accepted this first offer.  In full disclosure, I'll admit that I don't use anyone else's price guides most of the time -- and just search for the cards value in Public Offers.  In this case, I now realize that Octillery is closer to 2.5 or 3.0 value, and not 1.5.  It's popular right now.  With this, the total value of what you're looking for is closer to 13 (rather than 10).  I'm going to put up another offer, adding a couple more packs (another EVO & STS) to see if that makes a difference.

P.S.  You're not obligated in any way to take these cards, even if I do get them.  For all I know, you've already gotten them by the time you read this.  No matter, I enjoy the trading aspect of this game, and will play some more. :)

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 1

I see that you've got your own Public offers up now.  On cards that are very common (or popular), this is by far the most economical way to get them (vs. the Trading Companies).  You'll save a lot of packs, because even the cheap ones work in Public.  The Companies have their benefits -- quick, easy, finding difficult cards -- but "cheap" isn't one of them.

JSYK, when I need cards, I've found it better (faster at least) to trade them one at a time.  You limit yourself a bit if they're in a group.  Little Johnny might have an extra of one, but not necessarily all of them.

You're welcome to reach out (PM or FR) if your offers go unanswered.  Happy hunting.

Edited by RobRatt

I see that you've got your own Public offers up now.  On cards that are very common (or popular), this is by far the most economical way to get them (vs. the Trading Companies).  You'll save a lot of packs, because even the cheap ones work in Public.  The Companies have their benefits -- quick, easy, finding difficult cards -- but "cheap" isn't one of them.

JSYK, when I need cards, I've found it better (faster at least) to trade them one at a time.  You limit yourself a bit if they're in a group.  Little Johnny might have an extra of one, but not necessarily all of them.

You're welcome to reach out (PM or FR) if your offers go unanswered.  Happy hunting.

Hey RobRatt

Thanks for the advise, I saw you send me a fr but for some reason I only got errors trying to accept.

I'll send you a fr. Throw me an offer when you accept it.

I'll also still try to buy them in public and will let you know if I got the before you add me.

Hey RobRatt

Thanks for the advise, I saw you send me a fr but for some reason I only got errors trying to accept.

I'll send you a fr. Throw me an offer when you accept it.

I'll also still try to buy them in public and will let you know if I got the before you add me.

Hey there, I've accepted your friend request, but will wait until we're both online to discuss an offer with you. Please feel free to send me a trade offer though, because I'm not entirely sure what you still need. I noticed that your Public offers varied a bit from this thread.

I will make sure to tag my cards (for trade) that are in your list before I go to bed tonight. One way or another, we'll make a fair deal, so you can start winning with that deck.

I'll have my game on most of tomorrow. I usually multitask when I'm watching football. If I don't reply immediately, it's probably because I'm dripping pizza sauce, or cussing at my TV.

Edited by RobRatt