* 1 Float Stone BKT 137

* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94

* 1 Max Potion BKP 103

* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

##Energy - 14

* 10 Water Energy Energy 3

* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

my thoughts on it is this

it is a slow deck and very often i get to the last 10 cards.

i have consistently beat gardivour - if i can kill that *** gallade, i can sometimes beat metagross, and as long as i have an ok start and not terrible i can beat volcanion decks. Gren ninja is tough and so is decidueye.

the decks i am struggling against are golopsipod - because of garbadors ability stopping ninetales - which is why i have 3 field blowers in. I have a lot of items so the trashalanche is very effective, and because garb has 120 hp i dont really have anything that can one shot it apart from ninetales but it means giving up 2 energy.

i feel like i need a extra pokemon in here but i have no idea which one - perhaps a tapo koko promo or a espeon ex for the devolution?

maybe a special energy retrival because of how much DCE's are used in this deck.

To make this deck faster, you need to max out on Prof. Sycamores and Ns, as they're the best draw supporters in the format - Shauna is outclassed by both. You also need a second, or even third, Lele to make your supporter searches more consistent. Brigette is a better turn 1 supporter than Lillie because the former gets your bench set up fast. Acerola is better than PC Lady because you essentially heal all the damage of the target Pokemon. While you have to set up the Pokemon again, it's not much of a problem when you have a backup attacker waiting. If you're using Octillery, you can consider a couple of Mallow to stack your deck for the cards you need before drawing into them with Abyssal Hand. 8 Water energy is perfect for this deck, IMO. I also don't get the point of Energy Switch; I'd rather use Special Charge to recycle your DCEs, as you may be discarding them for Blizzard Edge.

The Tapu Koko promo is also worth considering as a free retreating pivot, as well as Flying Flip softening up opposing Pokemon.

• Upvote 1

thanks for the feedback i appreciate it

the reason i was running 2 shaunas over N and Prof is because of no VS seeker to get back valuable cards plus having octillery 

your right though this deck needs to speed up to start dishing out the damage on turn 2-3 not turn 5-6

your right about acerola over lady i will run 2 acerolas

going to add tapo koko for sure 

think i might also try a mr mime to counter ninetales gx and tapo koko plus any other bench damage pokemon - shame it doesnt work vs gren ninja though

ok updated deck

this deck has garbador very much in mind, I just play a espeon gx, garb, glaceon ex,  ninetales (ability) deck with this and won.

first time i have beat Garb deck, my main weapon was juggling the ninetales gx with acerola, guzma and float stones. I found my MVPs though were oranguru and octillery - both on the bench meant each turn I could draw with oranguru first then use any of those cards if i could, then draw again with octillery. 

This let me use less item cards because of faster drawing. 

however i need to see how this deck does against a golisopod garb deck because the espeon one is slow and doesnt deal too much damage.

less item cards, more supporters - 3 ninetales gx and 2 rem to get as early octillery as possible

i have put in brooklet hill and took out an ultra ball saving 1 item in the discard - with vulpixs pokemon draw this works just as good

i have added an acerola so i can heal and also switch between ninetales

a rescue stretcher to instantly get back a pokemon

i have changed the draw support from 2-2 N+syc to 4-2

i think in a post vs seeker world using too many sycamores is costly and i want to save some of those good supporters and item cards. Also i dont want to throw away item cards freely because of Garb.
Also this syncs well with tapu leles supporter draw.

I have added in a chaos tower to defend against sleep, poison, paralysis and confusion.

I have removed enhanced hammer and replaced it with team flare grunt - again switching an item for a supporter which is also available for lele.

I have removed a field blower with the idea being i need to be more disciplined with them and get max value of 2 tools with them or choose my timing wiseley when it comes to using on Garb.

I have added in 1 special charge to enable ninetales to do his thing.

I have kept the pokemon lady because it is useful for making ninetales a 3 hit ko instead of 2 for some pokemon, it also is a second defence against poison, sleep, paralysis and confusion, with the third and fourth defence being guzma and acerola.

I have added in a mallow for octillery and oranguru

and a kukui because of how low my attacking numbers all the pokemons base damage being 80 or below this acts as half draw support but mainly as a poor mans choice band - more useful for non gx pokemon though again like Garb - normal alolan ninetales hitting for 80 plus the 20 gets to Garb (ability) 100hp - although ninetales gx seems best to deal with both of them with his 160 damage output.

I have added a float stone to set up guzmas easier and because oranguru, glaceon and octillery have 2 energy retreat.

as per platinumdudes suggestion i have also reduced energy to 8 water.

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 22
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 116
* 2 Remoraid BKT 31
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 4 N DEX 96
* 1 Chaos Tower FCO 94
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 12

* 8 Water Energy Energy 3

Few comments:

1. Max out aqua patches and max elixers. Energy acceleration is important. 

2. Replaces shaunas with professors and Ns. If you are playing standard: play at least 4 professors, 3 Ns. 

3. Maybe you can replace PCL with Acerola. Acerola is a lot more better because it messes up the prize trade.

4. I see that you are running a lot of 1 supporters (e.g. brigette, lillie). You need more tapu leles to search them out. If you are playing standard, please include at least 3 due to the rotation of vs seeker. However I believe out of lillie and brigette you only need one. You will not use them on your second turn.

5. Remove the 1 energy switch, 1 max potion, and 1 evosoda for more valuable cards and space. 1 Energy switch does not make a big difference and you already have elixers and patches. If the reason you put energy switch is because you want to use max potions, there is no need for this combo because you are not likely to draw them at the same time. ONE or TWO ACEROLA per game is all you need (you have a ninetales GX attack). Alolan vulpix can help you out early in the game. 

6. Please include 1 special charge as your deck heaviliy relies on DCEs.

Above all, it is good to max out certain cards. Having too many single copies or duplicates of important cards will greatly decrease a decks consistency. 

• Upvote 1

ok updated deck

this deck has garbador very much in mind, I just play a espeon gx, garb, glaceon ex, ninetales (ability) deck with this and won.

first time i have beat Garb deck, my main weapon was juggling the ninetales gx with acerola, guzma and float stones. I found my MVPs though were oranguru and octillery - both on the bench meant each turn I could draw with oranguru first then use any of those cards if i could, then draw again with octillery.

This let me use less item cards because of faster drawing.

however i need to see how this deck does against a golisopod garb deck because the espeon one is slow and doesnt deal too much damage.

less item cards, more supporters - 3 ninetales gx and 2 rem to get as early octillery as possible

i have put in brooklet hill and took out an ultra ball saving 1 item in the discard - with vulpixs pokemon draw this works just as good

i have added an acerola so i can heal and also switch between ninetales

a rescue stretcher to instantly get back a pokemon

i have changed the draw support from 2-2 N+syc to 4-2

i think in a post vs seeker world using too many sycamores is costly and i want to save some of those good supporters and item cards. Also i dont want to throw away item cards freely because of Garb.

Also this syncs well with tapu leles supporter draw.

I have added in a chaos tower to defend against sleep, poison, paralysis and confusion.

I have removed enhanced hammer and replaced it with team flare grunt - again switching an item for a supporter which is also available for lele.

I have removed a field blower with the idea being i need to be more disciplined with them and get max value of 2 tools with them or choose my timing wiseley when it comes to using on Garb.

I have added in 1 special charge to enable ninetales to do his thing.

I have kept the pokemon lady because it is useful for making ninetales a 3 hit ko instead of 2 for some pokemon, it also is a second defence against poison, sleep, paralysis and confusion, with the third and fourth defence being guzma and acerola.

I have added in a mallow for octillery and oranguru

and a kukui because of how low my attacking numbers all the pokemons base damage being 80 or below this acts as half draw support but mainly as a poor mans choice band - more useful for non gx pokemon though again like Garb - normal alolan ninetales hitting for 80 plus the 20 gets to Garb (ability) 100hp - although ninetales gx seems best to deal with both of them with his 160 damage output.

I have added a float stone to set up guzmas easier and because oranguru, glaceon and octillery have 2 energy retreat.

as per platinumdudes suggestion i have also reduced energy to 8 water.

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113

* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97

* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 22

* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 116

* 2 Remoraid BKT 31

* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Aqua Patch GRI 119

* 1 Brooklet Hill GRI 120

* 2 Acerola BUS 112

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 4 N DEX 96

* 1 Chaos Tower FCO 94

* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129

* 1 Brigette BKT 134

* 1 Special Charge STS 105

* 1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93

* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

* 3 Guzma BUS 115

* 1 Mallow GRI 127

* 3 Choice Band GRI 121

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 12

* 8 Water Energy Energy 3

Remove Kukui. He's useless without vs seeker to bring him back whenever you want. Remove PCL for the same reason (and acerola is better anyway). Remove Chaos Tower, Team Flare Grunt and replace with brooklet hills.

Also, I suggest that you max out your sycamore and ultra balls. Even with the threat of garbodor it WILL be worth it. Include 4 and never look back

Ok if you really fear sycamore's discard then at least get rid of the chaos tower and grunt. Add 2 Shaunas or something. However I highly suggest 4 sycamores

Edited by BowserLuigi
  • Upvote 2