Accounts out of Sync?

makuta101937

i played online tcg a long time ago and recently came back, playing alot these past few days. (my account name is makuta101937). recently i was curious about mmr in this game as my opponents have been getting much more difficult recently after winning alot of versus matches (i started 2 days ago and currently have about 600 versus lightning bolts) so i followed this link to the leaderboards https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/leaderboards/

then i remembered somthing from long ago, i think my trainer club profile is out of sync with the one i have in-game. they are different levels (0 in game, 1 on pokemon.com) and different avatars despite using the same login credentials and same display name. also, it says i have no friends online but in the game client i have my roomate added as a friend.

This isnt a big deal but i dont want the blank trainer club account to take priority as the one i have in the game client is the one i put all my time in, although i would like to be able to use the leaderboards, filtered to expanded versus points for this week (which is where my points should be) i cannot find myself on the leaderboard because i have no versus points, according to the notification that appears for about half a second

tldr my in game tcg account and pokemon.com trainer club account use same login credentials but are not the same account and this makes it so that i cannot use leaderboards

A little bit of context for you:

1. The leader boards are indeed a bit out of sync, as they only update in a specific interval ( which I don't think anyone knows). Don't worry if your points aren't updated though, because...

2. The leader boards are utterly meaningless. As of right now, they only show the points you earn on the reward ladder ( as well as any consecutive points after clearing the 2000 mark). Since you don't lose any points for losing a game, the leader boards pretty much showcase the players who invest the most time into the game, and not those with the highest MMR / the best stats.

While there are certainly a couple of good players in the top ranks, the majority is made up of bots and grinders.

3. As for MMR: Your MMR has nothing to do with your current reward ladder points and vice versa. As of right now, we don't have any meaningful way to check our current ELO rating and except for the advantage symbol at the start of the game ( and thus the ability to gain extra points upon winning) a high ELO rating is rather meaningless.

4. As for the trainer club: Once again, don't worry if they are a bit out of sync. Keep in mind that you can earn various batches and other stuff from the website, that doesn't directly correspond with your in-game account. Just think of your trainer club account as a separate deity.

• Upvote 1

thats good, tbh i dont care all that much about leaderboards, thats just how i found out about the situation, i was worried that my account was having problems or somthing lol.

anyway thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...